WHY are Americans SUCH brand whoresz??

09d25f9e365517d38e06db80b3990dfce15e111_t.gif

but ninja hood... from your tee shirst comparison..

which would you rather...

nike retro or a pair of starburries, better yet them Al harrington joints
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

hanes/fruit of the loom undergarments >

Ya'll keep your polo draws. 30+ for some underwear?

can get a 4 pack for 8-10 bucks, walking comfy.

Sorry, but not at all. I've bought Hanes/FoL all my life, and I never even thought about buying expensive boxer-briefs. Then I got a gift card for like $20to Nordstrom and the only thing I could really buy with it was expensive underwear, so I said F it and bought some Burberry boxer-briefs. That was 3 years ago,and to this day they are in brand new shape. Hanes/FoL stretch out or rip after like 3 months.

1. We're a consumer culture
2. You CLEARLY have not traveled the world much (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing or coming at you in any way, but there are a lot of cultures whoare worse than the US in terms of being brand +$#%$% ex. European countries, Japan, and the Chinese middle and upper classes)

At DA end of DA day, you know DA real reason people spend money on all DA expensive gear, is so DEY can get DA girls

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

hanes/fruit of the loom undergarments >

Ya'll keep your polo draws. 30+ for some underwear?

can get a 4 pack for 8-10 bucks, walking comfy.
That doesn't make any sense to me. Even people who want to flaunt their brands. Nobody sees their underwear.

Monkey see monkey do, or worse, how much do i need to spend to one-up the next man.

its terrible here, then winter hits and here comes the DC uniform: goadomes/nb992 and northface everything.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

fam... you're on niketalk

nike makes high quality products for da most part...wanna try ur hand wit reebok and adidas?
Back in the days when I had the Iversons and Kobe joints from Adidas, the quality felt on par with my Nike's.

It's not just in America, man. This is a world wide phenomena. It's just apparent because Americans go in a bit harder than others, the average American actually spend 101% prior to the recession...meaning they spend more than what they make.
thank you. japan, europe, it's everywhere.

take a stroll to tokyo, those women are true brand #!%@^@

Originally Posted by Rightguard

dont get your panties in a bunch, other people spending money on brand names is not hurting your pockets. You continue saving your money while others splurge..
Agree 1000%. Dudes acting like they really care about what others doing just want to have a reason to down those peoples lifestyles that youdon't agree with.

it maybe worldwide these days..but its derived from western culture (da US)
eh, think outside the box. the U.S. isn't the end all, be all. many of the brands that americans love are foreign. gucci, bmw, armani, lexus,etc...

consumerism is a worldwide phenomenon. has been for some time.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

it maybe worldwide these days..but its derived from western culture (da US)
eh, think outside the box. the U.S. isn't the end all, be all. many of the brands that americans love are foreign. gucci, bmw, armani, lexus, etc...

consumerism is a worldwide phenomenon. has been for some time.
this

and in nations where great personal wealth is a relatively new phenomenon (russia, china, etc.), the market for luxury goods, especially those witheasily-recognizable logos, etc. has been experiencing insane growth compared to that in long-developed nations like ours, japan, etc.

Everyone cares how they look in the eyes of people that dont give a **!+ about them. Either you form with society or you do your own thing.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by juni0rthe0ne112789

I guess the 4 four sheetrock walls of that shoebox you call home must have been of the best quality
There are 3 things that will withstand the end of the world.....Twinkies, cockroaches, and Ninjahood's crib.

roll.gif

to tell you the truth though, ninjahood's room reminds me of mine, minus the vast number of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom