Why are Jordan XI le's slept on?

I just think the patent leather was so monumental that when the i.e.'s released they just didnt have the same effect. I personally love them and would love official og retros of both but this is jb were talking about.

every pair i've owned squeaked..
those refs are clean though
nerd.gif
mine too, hate it but I love the style of the shoe. Looking for another pair of the white/black ones from last year beat my pair up

I think people skip them because they're not a great looking shoe. I've had a couple pairs and used them as beaters. I used to mow my yard in a pair until I found a pair of Jordan 6 boots to do it in.

I think people skip them because they're not a great looking shoe. I've had a couple pairs and used them as beaters. I used to mow my yard in a pair until I found a pair of Jordan 6 boots to do it in.

This is opinion

Lol at all the "true J's" talk........ Kids these days.....
HA.

I'm almost certain I'm older than you bub.

Put it like this: we're sitting here talking about a deviation from an original design. Not saying an IE isn't ORIGINAL, but I'm saying that it's not the ORIGINAL 11. It's a design change. 

But beyond all that, you guys are saying "oh, WTF are TRUE JAYS???!!1111!!1!"  Look, I'm just on an upper level with my classifications of Jordans than most people. Outside of a numbered Jay, you all are like, "Teams? Phats? Get the fruit outta here!!!1!111!!"

Well, I'm like get the fruit outta here with everything that isn't an original design of the shoe. See how there is no difference, other than a stricter classification?

Nevermind. As Moliere put it:

"One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others."

Last edited:
You sir, have absolutely no idea what your talking about. People wonder why the game is what it is today. Its because guys like you are the ones out there " schooling" the new generation
Look man, I couldn't care less how the "game" is today. The younger generation can stuff it. Cats buy what they want to wear, and I'm all for it. But I was simply answering the original question. What I said was valid too.

In this case, a TRUE J is an original design (not colorway) of the numbers 1-14 (15 and beyond are too, but for the sake of argument, let's stay within these bounds). Not a derivative thereof. Everything else is elementary.

It's really no different how guys can't stand teams. I'm just the guy that can't stand teams OR IEs. Or phats. Or material changes (like from nubuck to leather, or 3M to...nothing, NOT Inconsequential changes like nubuck to durabuck). I like the original design of the shoe, hence TRUE J.

Just means original design. Stop with the butt hurt because you like a shoe someone else doesn't consider to be original. I'm pretty sure there's a dude out there with an even stricter classification than mine.

Last edited:
A lot of people don't like it because there is no pleather on the shoes like the mid 11s.

Yall cats is too funny
roll.gif
I love all the IE's Im only missing a couple CW's, my favorite shoe other than the XIII's.

Last edited:
HA.

I'm almost certain I'm older than you bub.

Put it like this: we're sitting here talking about a deviation from an original design. Not saying an IE isn't ORIGINAL, but I'm saying that it's not the ORIGINAL 11. It's a design change. 

But beyond all that, you guys are saying "oh, WTF are TRUE JAYS???!!1111!!1!"  Look, I'm just on an upper level with my classifications of Jordans than most people. Outside of a numbered Jay, you all are like, "Teams? Phats? Get the fruit outta here!!!1!111!!"

Well, I'm like get the fruit outta here with everything that isn't an original design of the shoe. See how there is no difference, other than a stricter classification?

Nevermind. As Moliere put it:

"One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others."

So Lebron V2's and Elites aren't real Lebron's :stoneface:

My definition was referring to Jordan's but I can see how it applies to LeBrons. It's up to you to agree with it or not.

My definition was referring to Jordan's but I can see how it applies to LeBrons. It's up to you to agree with it or not.
Yeah, your opinion is completely valid, but I disagree with you. I am curious though, what is your opinion on the AJ II lows from 1985 and 1994?

I think the feeling that these are "true jays" comes from the fact that these were the first version of an Air Jordan that looked different from the original. Also, since MJ wore them on the court, people considered them legit too. I remember when they came out, I was still young at the time but I remember when I first saw that box opened, nobody thought of them as any lower grade of Jordans at the time. My friends and I were gathered around at a basketball camp checking them out, and I can say we were all jealous of our one friend who got them. Does that meant they are "true jays", I'm not sure, but in my mind they were just the next new dope thing to come from JB at the time and we all wanted it. Just the basis for my opinion on the shoe, I always thought they were as "true" jays as any other.

Blk/Red XI IE along with the Blk/Red XI Mids are my favorite J's ever!! IE Lows for lightweight comfort, and I can look at my Blk/Red Mids untouched all day :smile:

The OG and 2003 were more comfortable as they were more soft and flexible, and the 2011s were so damn stiff, but I did appreciate that the 2011s were closer to an all black upper similar to the OG instead of the grey 2003 upper.

i always liked the XI IE.. well i'm biased because I got them as a kid.. the OGs

they are so unpopular even"reference" shoe sites still dont clearly indicate the OGS NEVER HAD THE CRAPPY WACK CEMENT/ELEPHANT PRINT!!!! see the guy who posted the ogs. why jb put it who knows. but they killed it. the IE low ogs were clean of course the sole yellows. IIRC the aalready had a clear gum sole and not "clear" like other 11s. i played ball in them hard back in the day and yea like other lows I had a lot of run ins with rolling ankles but i got so use to playing in them I always came back to wear em.

I got the last retro, and although it has the cement print still it was not as prominent like the first time they retroed it so that was cool. The "smoked" sole I guess is ok to prevent it to look like crap instead of the yellow.

it is what it is though..

Yeah, your opinion is completely valid, but I disagree with you. I am curious though, what is your opinion on the AJ II lows from 1985 and 1994?

I think the feeling that these are "true jays" comes from the fact that these were the first version of an Air Jordan that looked different from the original. Also, since MJ wore them on the court, people considered them legit too. I remember when they came out, I was still young at the time but I remember when I first saw that box opened, nobody thought of them as any lower grade of Jordans at the time. My friends and I were gathered around at a basketball camp checking them out, and I can say we were all jealous of our one friend who got them. Does that meant they are "true jays", I'm not sure, but in my mind they were just the next new dope thing to come from JB at the time and we all wanted it. Just the basis for my opinion on the shoe, I always thought they were as "true" jays as any other.
The 2s didn't deviate from the original design. I mentioned earlier that lows DO in fact 'count', but the ones that changed the design do not 'count'. 

And the real reason I use the term "true" is because it means authentic. As in an authentic Jordan numbered shoe. You can have derivatives and they may be nice to some people, but the 11 IEs aren't the original design hence the term "true". People went up in arms because they think I'm saying the shoe ain't legit, and that's not what I'm saying.

An original number is an original number. Think of it this way. If Aqua 8s are on the shelf at the same time Aqua 8.0s, which are flying off said shelves?

The 8.0s will be slept on because it's not a true J. It can have the Jumpman on it, it can say Jordan on the box. But it's not a true J.  

And the real reason I use the term "true" is because it means authentic. As in an authentic Jordan numbered shoe.
..It can have the Jumpman on it, it can say Jordan on the box. But it's not a true J.  

This.^

Most dudes I know, "in real life"? :tongue:

Really DON'T get that^

I know very few "shoe heads", personally.
Most my friends think i should be on Hoarders, how I'm into kicks. When it's really nowhere near that. lmao.:wink:
Since they're not into kicks like that? ..they don't differentiate "true numbered models", from anything else w/a Jumpman on it.
Just goes to show you how effective a job of "branding" they've done, IMO.

Blah.

The 2s didn't deviate from the original design. I mentioned earlier that lows DO in fact 'count', but the ones that changed the design do not 'count'. 

And the real reason I use the term "true" is because it means authentic. As in an authentic Jordan numbered shoe. You can have derivatives and they may be nice to some people, but the 11 IEs aren't the original design hence the term "true". People went up in arms because they think I'm saying the shoe ain't legit, and that's not what I'm saying.

An original number is an original number. Think of it this way. If Aqua 8s are on the shelf at the same time Aqua 8.0s, which are flying off said shelves?

The 8.0s will be slept on because it's not a true J. It can have the Jumpman on it, it can say Jordan on the box. But it's not a true J.  
I understand all this, and I assume most people in this thread do too. Its not a lack of shoe knowledge that leads us to form our opinions on this matter. We differentiate between XI ie's and other non #'d models like team models, and 8.0s. MJ wore these on the court. They were released in '96, not like the 8.0s that came out almost 20 years after the VIII's.

I have a different opinion on this than you, and you're not going to change my mind on it. I agree with you on most of the other examples you used but not these. But don't get the dudes on here(most of us at least) confused with the people who think anything with a jumpman is a sig model. Its not that you know any more about this topic than us, its a difference of opinion.

And now, I'm leaving this alone. We could debate this forever. 

I understand all this, and I assume most people in this thread do too. Its not a lack of shoe knowledge that leads us to form our opinions on this matter. We differentiate between XI ie's and other non #'d models like team models, and 8.0s. MJ wore these on the court. They were released in '96, not like the 8.0s that came out almost 20 years after the VIII's.

I have a different opinion on this than you, and you're not going to change my mind on it. I agree with you on most of the other examples you used but not these. But don't get the dudes on here(most of us at least) confused with the people who think anything with a jumpman is a sig model. Its not that you know any more about this topic than us, its a difference of opinion.

And now, I'm leaving this alone. We could debate this forever. 
Lol no one was trying to change your mind. Damn bro, did you believe I was appealing to YOU personally?

I shared my opinion on the original question. No one asked you to comment on my opinion. That's your problem right there. But since you did, I'm most definitely going to reply to you.

It don't matter what he wore on the court. They aren't original numbers, therefor I say they are "not true Js". Is it that difficult to comprehend? Hey look, I'm not passing my opinion off as fact, nor should anyone else. I shared my opinion, caught flack for it, and attempted to explain. That's all man.

Back
Top Bottom