Why are so many people against Puerto Rico becoming a state?

and da 13 stripes on da American flag mean what? egggggactly....
jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

View media item 131474
for da slow folk who didn't know da US was also owned by a European nation.

^^^ What is that from....AMC? what show?

Also, I don't want them because then we would have an odd number....

J/K. I wouldn't mind it. No passport to visit (do you need one now?!?!?)...

I have no argument against it. I think the PR people don't want to do it, if I'm to believe what is said by my PR friends.

Than why not move their instead of coming to America?

i was born here champ.

and latin america >*

i hope puerto ricans get they heads on straight and stay a common wealth...da last thing you want is certain idiots making you

assimilate and throw your entire heritage down da toilet.
'

Yeah....like how Hawaiian people have lost their cultural heritage since they've become a part of the USA >D

Booooooooooooooooo

But oftopic question:

Why doesnt Haiti and DR become 1 country. I mean they are both basically hatian.

surprised ninjahood hasn't come at your life yet...:nerd:

with that said, haiti and dr share similar roots (word to ninjahood's black denial) but at the same time they are very different countries. culturally speaking they are similar but different as well. best way i can answer this.

haiti is also flat out the poorest nation in this hemisphere...so theres that too...

In due time,the United states will expand and possible just make many of those smaller countries/islands more than just vacation and fugitive destinations.Its guaranteed things will look very different in the future but what can the United states get out of declaring Puerto Rico a state?what natural resources can they get?theres no oil.what banana's?they already get enough of those,rum?.It makes no sense in claiming something you already control,somewhat.Control happens in some many different forms,like what happens in the United states seems trickles down to those places.
As far as the lost of culture goes,ha the damage has already been done and whats still around wont be as time passes on.Morn death,celebrate birth,out with the old in with the new,you can't stop something thats been going on since the countries existance,even after many declared their independence, the only thing that changes is the faces.

Or either some trillionaire will be on some Sir Richard Branson,steez,just purchase the whole country,including the women who want to remain and do service work:wink:

I'm still amazed at the both of you. We have the smart guy who doesn't like immigrants but yet lives in a country that was founded by immigrants. Then we have same time we have a genius who thinks that merging two separate countries because of "some" cultural similarities is a practical idea.

I hope you two are trolling.

Back
Top Bottom