why are some jordans being sold out, pre ordered & reserved months before the release date?

This has been a quandary to me eversince I started liking back the retros and current jordan releases. BTW, I first got ahold of the Jordan IV when I was 11, Ifell in love with them eversince, from IV all the way to IX; and after that, my attention went to other important things (college, work), forgetting Jordanshoes for 13 years or so. And now, it's so impossible to get them, I mean, I see all these people buying out of greed to resell. And one more thing is Isee some websites and other sellers that jack up the prices, and they probably don't even have the supplies yet and they're already charging an arm andleg. And how on earth could they manage to obtain those Jordans ahead of release dates? I know it's gotta do something with hookups or company employee orsomething, but it's really sad. The company is just not so tight on their products that they let other unauthorized entity make a profit out of it, I'mno business guru but it seems unethical and conflict of interest where there is no straight company, employee, factory, authorized retail stores (Athletesfoot, Footlocker, etc) coordination. I feel like it's never gonna be like the same way again where I walk in the mall and buy it at ease. And now I becamethe guy I've been hating, the one who buys Jordans eventhough it's not my size hoping I can get something in return years from it. I'm just ventingout guys, because I did not get the IX's and anxious that I may not be able to get ahold of Jordans future releases of IV, V,VI, VII. Please pardon me ifthis has been posted already.

i agree. i bought my first jordan in '85 and i never had any problem getting them until now. it's pretty sad and pathetic that jordan brand plays thesegames with people who have supported them for a long time. if this continues with limitedness and packs and all this nonsense, i will just take my businesselsewhere. i want to be loyal to jordan brand, but it seems they aren't being loyal to me. i just don't have time for "the chase" and waitingin lines just for a pair of shoes that really don't mean anything significant in the long run. i'm in my 30's...i don't have time to play theirstupid marketing games.

First come first serve to the costumer. If you don't have the hook-up then you don't have the shoes.

they started pre-selling them when i was working at finishline here in Pittsburgh...the store managers and regional managers decided to pre sell due to fightsbreaking out in the store at 8AM when the sneaks dropped. and since it was that early in the morning and the mall doesnt open there is lack of security. butits only Finishline here in the burgh i cant speak for anywhere outside the 412.

I really want the blue 23's and the things I gotta do to get some of these shoes r too much. Imagine when those shoes came out I couldn't figure outwhere to get them. See I live in Canada. So all locations in the States were out of bounds for me with all the passes and whatever B.S. the retailers wereon the distribute those shoes. Only 529 pairs were being sold in the U.S. right? The other 529 pairs were to be sold to the countries outside of the U.S.right? Now me being in Toronto I would think that somewhere here the shoes would be sold. They were and I was so diappointed to find out that they were soldat a store called the Vault. Which is a good 20mins (not even say 15 min) car ride from my house. I found out when I went to get the White 23's from mylocal Foot Locker. See I didn't know this store so when I looked it up I was sooo mad to see the store is a sister store to my main sneaker place Si VousPlay. Had I known this from before (during the hype for that shoe) I would have gotten my pair.

But forreal to get a pair of shoes has gotten out of hand, there's way too much hype on shoes and at certain places you learn to go ahead of the line andpay for them as they get to the store and pick them up on release day if you can't get them before release day.
ohwell.gif

Yeah its all a connect game. I know dudes that have people wait inline and camp out for them. And they jus show up when the store opens. Or i also see peoplewalk into stores where the shoes is "sold out" and walk out with them. I aint hatin cuz that aint me...But if u dont got a hook up u may or may notget your sneakers.

I guess stuff like the packs and the titanium XX3's don't bother me since I just assume I won't be getting them right from the start.

But I get really pissed at how you can't walk into a Foot Locker today and pick up a pair of stealth XX3's in your size.

Why the hell did they chose to make so few of them????

Originally Posted by Lookatmysneaks412

they started pre-selling them when i was working at finishline here in Pittsburgh...the store managers and regional managers decided to pre sell due to fights breaking out in the store at 8AM when the sneaks dropped. and since it was that early in the morning and the mall doesnt open there is lack of security. but its only Finishline here in the burgh i cant speak for anywhere outside the 412.
Finish Line is Ross Park pre-sold a couple of the 14/9 packs but I guess they got an email the day the shipment came saying not to. So on release day Igot there at like 9 am and I was surprised that I was the only one there.

Originally Posted by damianglass

Originally Posted by Lookatmysneaks412

they started pre-selling them when i was working at finishline here in Pittsburgh...the store managers and regional managers decided to pre sell due to fights breaking out in the store at 8AM when the sneaks dropped. and since it was that early in the morning and the mall doesnt open there is lack of security. but its only Finishline here in the burgh i cant speak for anywhere outside the 412.
Finish Line is Ross Park pre-sold a couple of the 14/9 packs but I guess they got an email the day the shipment came saying not to. So on release day I got there at like 9 am and I was surprised that I was the only one there.

^THATS RIGHT...NO MORE PRE-SELLING AT FINISHLINE DUE TO A STORE (NOT HERE WHERE I AM) POSTING IN THEIR WINDOW THAT THEY WERE DOING IT...A REP SAW THAT ANDNOW THAT STORE MESSED IT UP FOR THE WHOLE FINSIHLINE CHAIN...NOW I JUST HAVE MY GUY PUT WHAT ALL I NEED TO THE SIDE...TAKE THIS INFO FOR WHAT ITS WORTH...

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

First come first serve to the costumer. If you don't have the hook-up then you don't have the shoes.

word better get buddy buddy with somebody at niketown or something.

UR NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS THE J'S..................U HAVE TO KNOW WHAT U R DOING IN ORDER TO GET UR PAIR.................

My boy was like 11th in line for that 9/14's package and they sold out in 2 stores in the Tampa mall before he walked in. And he had been in line since 4that morning.
smh.gif
Luckily every sneaker spot in the mall had em so he lucked out...but what if he was 20/3oth in line? Especially when they re-release the3's and 4's package....Hope we get there in time cause I wont be denied...

i remeber my friend waited 4 days for a pair of jays( i forget which 1) and after all that time spent...he never got them some mom bought them for her kid andboy was he pissed

When the '03 Wht/Cement III dropped - my Finishline punked out. I was the first one in line and the store employee who was like 3rd or 4th in line walkedright into the back and grabbed the III they had left.

Angery - I went to Footaction and the dude there said the 2 pairs they had were reserved for employees. He was not my hook-up per say, but we respected eachother and he recognized me from the past. So he says "Ya know, I don't really like the kid (employee/co-worker) that reserved these - so, eff it -here ya go..." and sold em to me.

That's the closest I've ever come to not getting minez. And that stuff makes want to hit someone in the face - so, if you are one of those lucky fewwith the hook-up - don't brag or be arogant about it - because you could get got and not get your pair when you sroll in at noon that day - or someone maysmack that funny smile off your face and take your shoes straight up...

yea back then...some people had connections..Now a days...most of them do...theres no point now...

Back
Top Bottom