Why Can't I Be Someone Else? Vol. Trapped in my body

Sup guys, hendrix here with some questions that I have the answer to, but yet I don't, so you come and give me your input to make sense of all this.

I've been thinking recently, you know? contemplating the impossible as far as physical aspects go.

Why is it that I'm trapped in one body? Why can't I separate my conscious and travel OUT of my body? not on some out of body experience you get from drugs. I'm talking bout a real life type situation where you can just leave yourself. Why can't I do that? Why is it that we just have one planet we can inhabit? I understand our technology isn't on teh level of intergalactic space travel or to even host our organisms on a different planet, but why is that I have to reside here, on earth? I'm tired of living on this planet man. I'm tired of just being a human, why can't I be something else? why can't I morph into a bird? I just wanna fly away
30t6p3b.gif

We look funny. We're funny looking creatures. If you think about it while you look at yourself in teh mirror. I'ts amazing that we're here, right, talking to each other through the internet. Like, who could have imagined?
We have eyes, we are a culture that through evolution has evolved to what we are today. We have subconscious needs that need to be met when reproducing. We find beauty in symmetrical faces, like who would of thought? It's a beautiful thing being a human, but what's it like being something else?

Also, if you think about our reproductive organs majority of animals have a penis and a vagina, right? Yes, others reproduce differently, it is understood, but hol up. Our penises look extremely a like to that of other animals, why is that? same with vaginas?

I don't knwo man, I wish I could be something else just to feel it. Be a life form outside of our system of known species and be like "HO HO HO, LOOK AT THOSE HUMANS WITH THEIR SILLY BODIES AND FUNNY LOOKING FACES, HO HO HO"

What's you guy's opinion on these thoughts? Do you contemplate such things? or only when you're under the influence of something?

inb4 being john malchavich reference (i spelled his last name wrong, I'm sure)

i know what you mean.

for the longest time i felt like a man trapped inside a woman's body.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

i know what you mean.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.
indifferent.gif

I know what you're saying, but I never really thought THAT deeply into it. I figure, all I really am is a bunch of organs and skin with a very developed brain.

Mind equals blown,but to answer question op I too wish I could animorph into something other than a human.

Personally i'd be a whale if possible.

Dead srs too and I aint high or throwed.

I've always wanted/wondered about being something else. It's not that I'm upset about my body/looks or anything, but I think it would be cool as hell if I was another animal or some other organism.

I would love to be an alien that is immortal and invulnerable to all kinds of harm and just play games on the universe... it's all wishful thinking but it's still a pipe dream.

That's the beautiful thing about being human - we're the only animal that has the ability to think and ponder such thoughts.

But then if you were to leave this body and fly away, you'd also have to take on the anatomy of a bird, down to the puny brain size. And who knows, maybe your human thoughts would no longer be your bird thoughts (do birds even think?). And would you even have time to think as you're foraging for worms and other prey, while at the same time avoiding falling prey to all the creatures who want to eat you (including, you guessed it, humans). At this time, it may be too late to again inhabit this body, since you may never think once "I wonder what it would feel like to put down my wings and become human."

i know what you mean.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.
So wait ... if your pleasuring yourself and you are actually married then you are cheating everytime ? 

im kinda with you OP
i believe that our body only holds our mind and %%*$ feel me?

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

i know what you mean.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.
So wait ... if your pleasuring yourself and you are actually married then you are cheating everytime ? 

WAITWUT?I must have read that 10x and still can't make sense of it...

Originally Posted by ksteezy

i know what you mean.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.

WAITWUT?I must have read that 10x and still can't make sense of it...

Took like 5 minutes to figure it out. Club's joke of being a man in a woman's body ( a baby born and in the mom's womb) went over dudes head. So he considers him to have two people inside of him one of which is a female and thus self... gratification, is inappropriate or cheating.

I've thought about this a few times OP. Mainly after watching one of those dope episodes of Ancient Aliens!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Sup guys, hendrix here with some questions that I have the answer to, but yet I don't, so you come and give me your input to make sense of all this.

I've been thinking recently, you know? contemplating the impossible as far as physical aspects go.

Why is it that I'm trapped in one body? Why can't I separate my conscious and travel OUT of my body? not on some out of body experience you get from drugs. I'm talking bout a real life type situation where you can just leave yourself. Why can't I do that? Why is it that we just have one planet we can inhabit? I understand our technology isn't on teh level of intergalactic space travel or to even host our organisms on a different planet, but why is that I have to reside here, on earth? I'm tired of living on this planet man. I'm tired of just being a human, why can't I be something else? why can't I morph into a bird? I just wanna fly away
30t6p3b.gif

We look funny. We're funny looking creatures. If you think about it while you look at yourself in teh mirror. I'ts amazing that we're here, right, talking to each other through the internet. Like, who could have imagined?
We have eyes, we are a culture that through evolution has evolved to what we are today. We have subconscious needs that need to be met when reproducing. We find beauty in symmetrical faces, like who would of thought? It's a beautiful thing being a human, but what's it like being something else?

Also, if you think about our reproductive organs majority of animals have a penis and a vagina, right? Yes, others reproduce differently, it is understood, but hol up. Our penises look extremely a like to that of other animals, why is that? same with vaginas?

I don't knwo man, I wish I could be something else just to feel it. Be a life form outside of our system of known species and be like "HO HO HO, LOOK AT THOSE HUMANS WITH THEIR SILLY BODIES AND FUNNY LOOKING FACES ,AND CANT EVEN BE PEACEFUL WITH ONE ANOTHER OVER THEIR UNVOLUNTARY COMPLEXIONS,  HO HO HO"

What's you guy's opinion on these thoughts? Do you contemplate such things? or only when you're under the influence of something?

inb4 being john malchavich reference (i spelled his last name wrong, I'm sure)

let me add to that........

always thought why cant i be someone else more than something else.....

posting for a longer response later.....

i know what you mean.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.
laugh.gif

If you view your situation as being "trapped", then perhaps, you aren't ready for the out-of-body experience.
You are so young, so much before all beginning, and I would like to beg you, dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

R.M Rilke.

Also, perhaps, this view of things will sooth your heart, for the time being:

The Egg

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?

How old are you? I ask because im a Sophmore in college and I just took a philosophy class. Very very interesting stuff and it talks about things like this. Stuff like the bundle, body-mind, prince and the cobbler, the ship of theasus theories and more. Are we just a bunch of things put together, a mental life with perceptions, thoughts, memories, emotions ect, put in a body? Or is there something seperate like a soul? Is there body continuity? And what makes you you? Like the Theasus theory, you have a ship, a bunch of wooden pieces and other stuff put together? You take away one piece is it still the same ship? How many pieces do you need to take away for it not to be. If you take it completely apart and put it back together like it was before is it still the same ship? What if you put it back together the same exact way but with aluminum? Same with your body, you take away a part or add something are you still you?

I find all this stuff super interesting, but its too early to know if we can do anything like you said. I always say nothing is impossible because theres so much we dont know. One discovery is made and all of a sudden theres a million new possibilities. Who knows, maybe we do something with our brain and connect it or place it in some type of clones substance. Boom you're now a new person, bird, whatever you want.

I get irritated that I am living now because I wanna know all of whats gonna be possible in the future. I guess i cant complain though, its alot better living now instead of the 1600's or some %$@@ lol

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Originally Posted by ksteezy

WAITWUT? I must have read that 10x and still can't make sense of it...

Took like 5 minutes to figure it out. Club's joke of being a man in a woman's body ( a baby born and in the mom's womb) went over dudes head. So he considers him to have two people inside of him one of which is a female and thus self... gratification, is inappropriate or cheating.

laugh.gif
...way over

i know what you mean.

Spoiler [+]
but then i was born.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom