Why do interviewers waste peoples' time?

very strange. It costs the company a lot of money to set up drug tests and waste time with interviews. My company only does that if they are 95% certain about a hire

very strange. It costs the company a lot of money to set up drug tests and waste time with interviews. My company only does that if they are 95% certain about a hire

Doesn't get much worse than my situation. Had two interviews in a day, one at a Lawyer's office and one at a Financial Service's company. Lawyer offered me the job on the spot but I was leaning toward the Financial one so I told him that I would let him know towards the end of the week which he said was fine. Financial Service's company does background check and everythings good so they offer me the job. Then they call me back and say the position won't be ready for three weeks, which I tell them is fine. Then they call me two days later to tell me the position they posted on the Career site, interviewed me for, and offered me never even existed in the first place. Called the Lawyer to accept the position and he told me had already filled it.

Doesn't get much worse than my situation. Had two interviews in a day, one at a Lawyer's office and one at a Financial Service's company. Lawyer offered me the job on the spot but I was leaning toward the Financial one so I told him that I would let him know towards the end of the week which he said was fine. Financial Service's company does background check and everythings good so they offer me the job. Then they call me back and say the position won't be ready for three weeks, which I tell them is fine. Then they call me two days later to tell me the position they posted on the Career site, interviewed me for, and offered me never even existed in the first place. Called the Lawyer to accept the position and he told me had already filled it.

I've never heard of anyone taking a drug test and then not being hired, and it happened to you twice, thats weird. I only say that because those drug tests thru LabCorp, are fairly pricy. IDK why HR would wanna pay for someone they don't plan on hiring.

I've never heard of anyone taking a drug test and then not being hired, and it happened to you twice, thats weird. I only say that because those drug tests thru LabCorp, are fairly pricy. IDK why HR would wanna pay for someone they don't plan on hiring.

Back
Top Bottom