why do Muslims don't eat pork??

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

This pig flu is gonna get me for sure
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
. I put bacon on everything.
Sorry to burst your bacon, but you don't get the swine flu from eating pork.

Originally Posted by Rafool

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
True you get it from hanging around Mexicans who eat pork. I also have a pig farm in my backyard, i go straight to the source for my bacon.

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

Muslims do not eat pork because it is Haraam to eat the meat of the swine which is believed to not be clean. That which is permissible is termed Halaal, but that which is not permissible is termed Haraam. It is the Qu'ran which draws the distinction between these two, and the meat of the pig is Haraam.
It is written in the Qu'ran: "Forbidden to you are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah." (Al-Ma'idah:3) This tradition goes back to the time of Abraham. In fact even in Leviticus we read: …and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you." (Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and
glasses.gif

Furthermore, a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck due to its anatomy and to slaughter any animal Muslims makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving all other veins and organs intact; thus causing the death of the animal by a total loss of blood from the body, rather than an injury to any vital organ as Islam has prohibited blood of any type. A Muslim reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck. This is similar to the Kosher laws of Judaism.

Interestingly enough, chemical analysis of this blood shows that it contains an abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious to human health. Also, there are many harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it pork chops, ham, bacon. Medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases as the pig's biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content, the remaining 98% remains as an integral part of the body. I imagine that in antiquity it would have been noticed that those who frequently ate this meat were subject to various diseases and maladies.

Muslims are forbidden by god to eat pork.

For Muslims only those animals are allowed which eat grass. have Hoofs and have only one set of jaws. Pigs dont fit for about rules and another problem they eat garbage and stuff. That's why they are prohibited to eat.

We as Muslims believe that Allah (SW) is a Legislator, not like any other human legislator. He is God who is All Knowing and when he commands us, so that is defintely in our favour, even if our limited minds are unable to understand why. Sometimes we make trials to understand why, and we can fully or partially succeed, but sometimes we still don't understand why; that is to say the above answers could be fully correct or partially correct, because there could be other reasons that Allah (SW) knows but we don't.

If we made a simple test getting a cow, a goat and a pig, starved all of them for a day and kept them in a close place and offered them green grass in one heap and another heap of rotten flesh, bones and blood and see what will happen. I do believe the pork by its nature will go to the rubbish while the others will eat from the grass.

If this is the nature of this being, so the probability of ingesting pathogenic organisms and parasites available in the rubbish will be much higher than the other Herbivora animals, thus in the sense of probability, the pig will be more responsible for transferring diseases to human beings than the other allowable to eat animals.

If somebody told me that we have farms where we offer only grass for our pigs, so no disease transfer is possible, I will tell him that Allah (SW) is a Legislator who when decrees, so that is for all humans not you alone. Can you guarantee that poor people who are in drought will be having your farms to properly take care of their pigs? they will defintely let it eat the rubbish, and accordingly will be more liable to diseases, that is possibly why Allah (SW) wants to save them.

All of the resons could be exactly or partially the right ones or still there could be other reasons that Allah (SW) knows but we don't, that Allah (SW) knows best.

Niice info
pimp.gif

OP....bad grammer
ohwell.gif
perfect.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Rafool

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
you telling me corporate America is gonna slaughter all those pigs and not one bit is gonna make it to market for sale

'oh, that part looks ok"

laugh.gif

As a person that grew up in a Muslim household, I can tell you that there is no good reason.

People will try to say it doesn't fit within these guidelines and whatnot, but the guidelines are mostly designed to exclude pork, as opposed to objectiveguidelines with health as the end that happen to exclude pork.

There are so many ways to attack the pork logic that it's not even funny. So at the end of the day, it comes down to "because the Quran says so."If you're looking for a better answer than that you won't find it.

I have started to eat pork because it's hella good
laugh.gif
, I was born and raised muslim, but I have deviated from that now and we were never that religious,but my dad insisted upon us not eating pork. Thanks for the post up there explaining it, it does make sense as it is just plain against the religion asmentioned by the Qur'an

My Muslim friend told me that somewhere in the Qu'ran it says that pigs came from elephant feces.

I have never eaten pork nor beef, I just recently gave up all red meat and shellfish. I would think that pork and shellfish are the unhealthiest of the groupbecause their like bottomfeeders.

Feeling more healthy FTW.

Back
Top Bottom