why do Muslims don't eat pork??

WOW@ dude who made the bin laden comment...do you not know anything about the connection bin laden and the US had YEARS before 9/11?

judaism and islam originated in the middle east. plain and simple, there are no pigs where these religions originiated, vs., say, christianity, whichoriginated in italy, or taoism, which originiatd in asia. both of these regions have pigs, and neither religions prohibits their consumption. as formcdonald's all over the world, they're smart enough to change the meats to accomodate the demographic. india has lamb burgers. according to a teacherof mine, they taste exactly like beef, but since they aren't, everybody can eat em.

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

Originally Posted by ShAdYdaTGuy

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

Muslims do not eat pork because it is Haraam to eat the meat of the swine which is believed to not be clean. That which is permissible is termed Halaal, but that which is not permissible is termed Haraam. It is the Qu'ran which draws the distinction between these two, and the meat of the pig is Haraam.
It is written in the Qu'ran: "Forbidden to you are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah." (Al-Ma'idah:3) This tradition goes back to the time of Abraham. In fact even in Leviticus we read: …and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you." (Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and
glasses.gif

Furthermore, a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck due to its anatomy and to slaughter any animal Muslims makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving all other veins and organs intact; thus causing the death of the animal by a total loss of blood from the body, rather than an injury to any vital organ as Islam has prohibited blood of any type. A Muslim reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck. This is similar to the Kosher laws of Judaism.

Interestingly enough, chemical analysis of this blood shows that it contains an abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious to human health. Also, there are many harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it pork chops, ham, bacon. Medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases as the pig's biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content, the remaining 98% remains as an integral part of the body. I imagine that in antiquity it would have been noticed that those who frequently ate this meat were subject to various diseases and maladies.

Muslims are forbidden by god to eat pork.

For Muslims only those animals are allowed which eat grass. have Hoofs and have only one set of jaws. Pigs dont fit for about rules and another problem they eat garbage and stuff. That's why they are prohibited to eat.

We as Muslims believe that Allah (SW) is a Legislator, not like any other human legislator. He is God who is All Knowing and when he commands us, so that is defintely in our favour, even if our limited minds are unable to understand why. Sometimes we make trials to understand why, and we can fully or partially succeed, but sometimes we still don't understand why; that is to say the above answers could be fully correct or partially correct, because there could be other reasons that Allah (SW) knows but we don't.

If we made a simple test getting a cow, a goat and a pig, starved all of them for a day and kept them in a close place and offered them green grass in one heap and another heap of rotten flesh, bones and blood and see what will happen. I do believe the pork by its nature will go to the rubbish while the others will eat from the grass.

If this is the nature of this being, so the probability of ingesting pathogenic organisms and parasites available in the rubbish will be much higher than the other Herbivora animals, thus in the sense of probability, the pig will be more responsible for transferring diseases to human beings than the other allowable to eat animals.

If somebody told me that we have farms where we offer only grass for our pigs, so no disease transfer is possible, I will tell him that Allah (SW) is a Legislator who when decrees, so that is for all humans not you alone. Can you guarantee that poor people who are in drought will be having your farms to properly take care of their pigs? they will defintely let it eat the rubbish, and accordingly will be more liable to diseases, that is possibly why Allah (SW) wants to save them.

All of the resons could be exactly or partially the right ones or still there could be other reasons that Allah (SW) knows but we don't, that Allah (SW) knows best.

Niice info
pimp.gif

OP....bad grammer
ohwell.gif
perfect.
grin.gif
not really cause not every chicken and cow in america is killed in that manner. or even cleaner than pigs for that matter, so unless you see the animal killed in front or you, you could possibly be breaking the rules of your religion constantly. like every religion everyone messes it up.
Thing is as Muslims we don't just eat any chicken or beef. The only meat that is legal or "halaal" for us is when the animal is slaughtered in a certain way which is called "dhabiha". There are special dhabiha farms in the US that specifically slaughter the animal according to Islamic law and is certified by Islamic legal institutions. In other words, meat from any slaughterhouse is not lawful for us so McDonalds, Burger King, etc is "haraam" for Muslims.
but everyone muslims included has had burger king, mcdonalds, dairy queen, in-n-out, jack-n-the box, wendys, bakers, carls jr, or some other restaurant or fast food establishment. you can lie and say you haven't but even if, that is an isolated incedent and everyone else has.
I'm telling you what the religion says about it. Like Mo Matik said, I know plenty of people who haven't eaten any meat unless itsdhabiha. I can't front like I do because I used to in the past but I don't anymore and haven't in a long long time. When ever I go to these fastfood places I only get the fish sandwiches

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

I could never be Muslim
smh.gif

It's actually not that hard. Here is a great video which shows the Halal animal slaughter process in a modern meat packing plant.

I am not doubting the accuracy of these assertions akh, but you could say this about any animal. Hell, my puppy is domesticated and lives in my apartment and still does the grimiest stuff, let alone a cow, or chicken, or pig. My point was that guidelines in Islam or religion that specifically exclude pigs are designed to do so, because you have to split hairs and talk about irrelevant stuff. If you're talking about the general unhealthiness, you can say that about any animal.

Domesticated dogs are not exactly considered permissible in Islam, but I understand your point.

Yes there are diseases carried by other things that we eat; however, you could agree that Islam is much more than just a religion, it's a guide to how tolive your life. Everything is outlined.

When pigs are forbidden, and we see that there is hardly any nutritional value in comparison to other things which are halal, and I think it's more thanjust a coincidence.

Also, we find that many of the parasites that are in pigs have a higher propensity to survive even after cooking. I remember reading about it, and when I findthe source I'll edit.

I do understand your point. Too many people answer the question with "Pigs are nasty," but I don't see how talking about the health problemsassociated with eating pigs should be considered irrelevant.

This is an informative yet silly thread. I bet you can guess who brought the "silly" portion to the thread.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

I am not doubting the accuracy of these assertions akh, but you could say this about any animal. Hell, my puppy is domesticated and lives in my apartment and still does the grimiest stuff, let alone a cow, or chicken, or pig. My point was that guidelines in Islam or religion that specifically exclude pigs are designed to do so, because you have to split hairs and talk about irrelevant stuff. If you're talking about the general unhealthiness, you can say that about any animal.

Domesticated dogs are not exactly considered permissible in Islam, but I understand your point.

Yes there are diseases carried by other things that we eat; however, you could agree that Islam is much more than just a religion, it's a guide to how to live your life. Everything is outlined.

When pigs are forbidden, and we see that there is hardly any nutritional value in comparison to other things which are halal, and I think it's more than just a coincidence.

Also, we find that many of the parasites that are in pigs have a higher propensity to survive even after cooking. I remember reading about it, and when I find the source I'll edit.

I do understand your point. Too many people answer the question with "Pigs are nasty," but I don't see how talking about the health problems associated with eating pigs should be considered irrelevant.

Well said, I'm with you. I know the puppy isn't exactly endorsed in Islam, that's why my parents don't know.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

I could never be Muslim
smh.gif

It's actually not that hard. Here is a great video which shows the Halal animal slaughter process in a modern meat packing plant.

You're not helping your case
laugh.gif
I'm somewhat of a sick individual
devil.gif

Edit: and the vid was on cows not pigs
eyes.gif

Well, as a good friend of mine says:

"I'm not a betting man. But, if I were I would bet on believing in Allah. If I am wrong, I get to say I lived my life well and helped humanity. If Iam right and live my life well I get to enter into paradise (god willing) and the unbelievers get sent to the hell fires. So the question is. Why would you betagainst the Allah."

"I'm not a betting man. But, if I were I would bet on believing in Allah. If I am wrong, I get to say I lived my life well and helped humanity. If I am right and live my life well I get to enter into paradise (god willing) and the unbelievers get sent to the hell fires. So the question is. Why would you bet against the Allah."

This is a great argument, unless you realize that for some, believing in Allah means suicide bombing and Jihad and whatnot. Then, being wrong means you killedyourself for no reason. I'm not trying to bash on my native religion, but I hate this particular argument.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

"I'm not a betting man. But, if I were I would bet on believing in Allah. If I am wrong, I get to say I lived my life well and helped humanity. If I am right and live my life well I get to enter into paradise (god willing) and the unbelievers get sent to the hell fires. So the question is. Why would you bet against the Allah."

This is a great argument, unless you realize that for some, believing in Allah means suicide bombing and Jihad and whatnot. Then, being wrong means you killed yourself for no reason. I'm not trying to bash on my native religion, but I hate this particular argument.

There are extremists in every religion, even christianity. And as you know on judgement day we all have to answer for our actions good and bad.

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

Muslims do not eat pork because it is Haraam to eat the meat of the swine which is believed to not be clean. That which is permissible is termed Halaal, but that which is not permissible is termed Haraam. It is the Qu'ran which draws the distinction between these two, and the meat of the pig is Haraam.
It is written in the Qu'ran: "Forbidden to you are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah." (Al-Ma'idah:3) This tradition goes back to the time of Abraham. In fact even in Leviticus we read: …and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you." (Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and
glasses.gif

Furthermore, a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck due to its anatomy and to slaughter any animal Muslims makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving all other veins and organs intact; thus causing the death of the animal by a total loss of blood from the body, rather than an injury to any vital organ as Islam has prohibited blood of any type. A Muslim reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck. This is similar to the Kosher laws of Judaism.

Interestingly enough, chemical analysis of this blood shows that it contains an abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious to human health. Also, there are many harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it pork chops, ham, bacon. Medical science finds that there is a risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases as the pig's biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content, the remaining 98% remains as an integral part of the body. I imagine that in antiquity it would have been noticed that those who frequently ate this meat were subject to various diseases and maladies.

Muslims are forbidden by god to eat pork.

For Muslims only those animals are allowed which eat grass. have Hoofs and have only one set of jaws. Pigs dont fit for about rules and another problem they eat garbage and stuff. That's why they are prohibited to eat.

We as Muslims believe that Allah (SW) is a Legislator, not like any other human legislator. He is God who is All Knowing and when he commands us, so that is defintely in our favour, even if our limited minds are unable to understand why. Sometimes we make trials to understand why, and we can fully or partially succeed, but sometimes we still don't understand why; that is to say the above answers could be fully correct or partially correct, because there could be other reasons that Allah (SW) knows but we don't.

If we made a simple test getting a cow, a goat and a pig, starved all of them for a day and kept them in a close place and offered them green grass in one heap and another heap of rotten flesh, bones and blood and see what will happen. I do believe the pork by its nature will go to the rubbish while the others will eat from the grass.

If this is the nature of this being, so the probability of ingesting pathogenic organisms and parasites available in the rubbish will be much higher than the other Herbivora animals, thus in the sense of probability, the pig will be more responsible for transferring diseases to human beings than the other allowable to eat animals.

If somebody told me that we have farms where we offer only grass for our pigs, so no disease transfer is possible, I will tell him that Allah (SW) is a Legislator who when decrees, so that is for all humans not you alone. Can you guarantee that poor people who are in drought will be having your farms to properly take care of their pigs? they will defintely let it eat the rubbish, and accordingly will be more liable to diseases, that is possibly why Allah (SW) wants to save them.

All of the resons could be exactly or partially the right ones or still there could be other reasons that Allah (SW) knows but we don't, that Allah (SW) knows best.
pimp.gif

interesting stuff

Originally Posted by theemcee0

judaism and islam originated in the middle east. plain and simple, there are no pigs where these religions originiated, vs., say, christianity, which originated in italy, or taoism, which originiatd in asia. both of these regions have pigs, and neither religions prohibits their consumption. as for mcdonald's all over the world, they're smart enough to change the meats to accomodate the demographic. india has lamb burgers. according to a teacher of mine, they taste exactly like beef, but since they aren't, everybody can eat em.
Christianity originated in Italy? Really???

I'm Muslim and i never ate pork. Ever since i was a shorty i was told not to eat pork or drink alcohol so it stuck with me.
I rather drink then eat pork, but then again i never had a sip of alcohol. I smoked alot of weed thou.
I was trying to cheat the system but i ended up cheating myself cause every time i smoked weed i still got intoxicated
which is what happens when someone drinks.....FAIL

One time I invited my muslim coworker to my bbq and gave him a pork chop but i said it was a steak and when he was finished eating it I told him what it reallywas and he started gagging and wanted to throw up

Back
Top Bottom