Why do sneakers sell out?

If shoes didn't sell out people wouldn't be as pressed to get them. You can't even tell what the actual demand is nowadays since the secondary (reselling) is so big.

they would lose value the easier they are to get.
the only alternative would be to divide the sales by class
turn nike into a louis vuitton and sell their cool shoes for 900 dollars. is that what you want?

Same for basketball shoes (hyperdunks, kobe, lebron) , they are made on tons more quantity than say Jordan retroes. They however do eventually sell out. I find myself looking for basketball kicks 5-8 months after they first release and not being able to find them anymore. Makes sense for Nike to make more, but like someone else said, they would just sit in shelves and take up stock space.

Can you back up your initial statement with facts?

JM

Good luck with that business and/or marketing degree.
roll.gif

I think you're asking the question in the wrong context. I want to know why they're selling out with the quality being so ridiculously bad. Nike SB stepped up their game because we stopped buying them and they sat on shelves. Why don't we demand the same of JB? And please please don't blame new sneakerheads and hypebeast because they only follow the lead of true and seasoned sneakerheads.

I think you're asking the question in the wrong context. I want to know why they're selling out with the quality being so ridiculously bad. Nike SB stepped up their game because we stopped buying them and they sat on shelves. Why don't we demand the same of JB? And please please don't blame new sneakerheads and hypebeast because they only follow the lead of true and seasoned sneakerheads.

Sheep mentality along with keeping up with the Jones' - that's what's driving consumers today to keep acceping 'authentic fakes' from Nike/JB.

Additionally are SB products that much better than JB/NSW? They are produced at the same factories and the materials are the same.

This. I know some kids these days get together and buy out a whole region and resell online. Got a kid who is interning where I work. Buys up the stock for 3 retail stores and puts them on ebay. He claims he is "ballin" Yet... he's an intern...
What a disgrace. I guess you're the most hated just like telemarketers calling all the time. Just buy everything up, turn around and sell them $80 more. That might explain why I couldn't find a size 13 in a particular shoe I was looking for. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

So, limited availability is supply and demand...whatever! Why do we still have Lunarglide+ 4? Nike Free Run+ 3? To me it seems like it's hype, etc. However, if Nike is set out to market and hype (revolution of running) these shoes, then wouldn't they want everyone to wear these? Since you got sneakerheads and criminal resellers hogging these for themselves, the shoes will never take off on the street.

So sad, I admit that I'm pretty slow at figuring this whole deal out :-/
Women's Nike Royalty High Tops - Black/Red are no more... As of really (2009) dahh!
Spewing, I'm making sure I keep an eye out from now on..

Back
Top Bottom