Why do women care so much about being pretty?

Seriously, what is it with women and their obsession with being beautiful. I'm not complaining at all, but they seem to spend so much time, effort and money into looking attractive and all of them want to look good. I can see people want money cause they can buy everything, but I never understood the female agenda with appearance. Girls start skipping meals, buying all kinds of weight loss products, for what reason?

And then there's always the ugly ones who say that being pretty is overrated/useless
eyes.gif
, but in the end it seems almost every woman cares about appearance in one way or another.

What is the reason for this?

Seriously, what is it with women and their obsession with being beautiful. I'm not complaining at all, but they seem to spend so much time, effort and money into looking attractive and all of them want to look good. I can see people want money cause they can buy everything, but I never understood the female agenda with appearance. Girls start skipping meals, buying all kinds of weight loss products, for what reason?

And then there's always the ugly ones who say that being pretty is overrated/useless
eyes.gif
, but in the end it seems almost every woman cares about appearance in one way or another.

What is the reason for this?

because no one wants an ugly wife/gf
ugly people are looked down upon in society
ugly people are less likely to get certain jobs
pretty>>>>ugly

pretty>>>>ugly

Originally Posted by Club 27

society pressures them to be.
Yeah, but why do they give in just cause society tells them to?

Society says men should be rich, but a good chuck of men don't care for it, same with men being muscular, etc.

Society says men should be rich, but a good chuck of men don't care for it, same with men being muscular, etc.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

pretty>>>>ugly

But theoretically no one wants a poor/out of shape husband/man, but like I said above, there are many men content with not having a lot of money or being physically appealing, they are comfortable and even like their lifestyle.

pretty>>>>ugly

But theoretically no one wants a poor/out of shape husband/man, but like I said above, there are many men content with not having a lot of money or being physically appealing, they are comfortable and even like their lifestyle.

Originally Posted by scshift

Not all women care..

Not all women care..

^ Not all women care, but a very high percentage of them do.

And I don't get why looks if anything? Everyone knows that looks fade and everyone's going to be unattractive when they're older...

^ Not all women care, but a very high percentage of them do.

And I don't get why looks if anything? Everyone knows that looks fade and everyone's going to be unattractive when they're older...

StaXX wrote:

Not all women care..

I dont know about that one.

i feel the only ones who legitimately dont care are the ones who know will never be pretty.

every woman wants to feel beautiful and desirable.

StaXX wrote:

Not all women care..

I dont know about that one.

i feel the only ones who legitimately dont care are the ones who know will never be pretty.

every woman wants to feel beautiful and desirable.

Man @#%% societal pressures, women are delicate beautiful creatures, they should always strive to look their best. Or just to keep it as basic as possible, attraction leads to babies and evolution, the continuation of the human race and all that good *$@@.

Man @#%% societal pressures, women are delicate beautiful creatures, they should always strive to look their best. Or just to keep it as basic as possible, attraction leads to babies and evolution, the continuation of the human race and all that good *$@@.

It's not just women in general.  Men and women want to look good and want nice things. Nobody wants to buy an ugly car/house with a matching ugly significant other.  Most women dream of getting married and by being pretty they can obtain that goal much easier

It's not just women in general.  Men and women want to look good and want nice things. Nobody wants to buy an ugly car/house with a matching ugly significant other.  Most women dream of getting married and by being pretty they can obtain that goal much easier

pretty>>>>ugly

by being pretty they know that they'll be able to get almost any man they want/they like the attention they get from being pretty?
idk, women are strange creatures
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom