Why do women care so much about being pretty?

Millions of years of evolution.

More attractive -> better chance at reproduction with higher quality & higher status males/better genetics.

This is built in subconsciously, and amplified due to societal pressures, competition, rewards given to more attractive women etc.

More attractive -> better chance at reproduction with higher quality & higher status males/better genetics.

This is built in subconsciously, and amplified due to societal pressures, competition, rewards given to more attractive women etc.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

More attractive -> better chance at reproduction with higher quality & status males/better genetics.
Ehhhhh...I don't know aobut that.

You can argue that as it pertains to reproduction, women are the sexual selectors. That means MEN have to be good looking, in good health, and have a good job, qualities that would allow them to be able to provide an environment that could support a child/family.

More attractive -> better chance at reproduction with higher quality & status males/better genetics.

You can argue that as it pertains to reproduction, women are the sexual selectors. That means MEN have to be good looking, in good health, and have a good job, qualities that would allow them to be able to provide an environment that could support a child/family.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Club 27

I dont know about that one.

i feel the only ones who legitimately dont care are the ones who know will never be pretty.

every woman wants to feel beautiful and desirable.
That last part is exactly what I don't understand. I agree with you, I feel every woman wants to feel pretty, but why?
Its simple, being wanted is comforting. Women are emotional and need attention and that feeling of being wanted/needed

Its all for the good of humanity
its wired and necessary for women to show off their goods in order to attract a mate.....

sexual motivation is the greatest motivation on this planet.... THEY JUST WANT THE PIPE

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Club 27

I dont know about that one.

i feel the only ones who legitimately dont care are the ones who know will never be pretty.

every woman wants to feel beautiful and desirable.
That last part is exactly what I don't understand. I agree with you, I feel every woman wants to feel pretty, but why?
Its simple, being wanted is comforting. Women are emotional and need attention and that feeling of being wanted/needed

Its all for the good of humanity
its wired and necessary for women to show off their goods in order to attract a mate.....

sexual motivation is the greatest motivation on this planet.... THEY JUST WANT THE PIPE

And it's appreciated! Nothing better than women getting all cute and prettied up, especially if its just for you. Love it!

And it's appreciated! Nothing better than women getting all cute and prettied up, especially if its just for you. Love it!

the 30 appreciation threads per month regarding females, their skin color, breasts, shape etc. don't answer the question? 

the 30 appreciation threads per month regarding females, their skin color, breasts, shape etc. don't answer the question? 

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I was talking about attracting high value/status males or those with superior genetics, in such cases they already have an abundance when it comes to access to women. Think back to caveman/tribal days or as society progressed, the "king"/"leader" figures. Displaying that you are fertile as a woman (aka: attractive appearance) would draw such men to you more than less attractive women. The men are already pre-selected in such cases, the only question is who they want to sleep with. 
I wasn't insinuating that it was a one way street where men can just sit back and do nothing and have women do all the work. The qualities you mentioned are important but the most important quality is high value/status; which often comes with good looks/job etc. The thread is about why women care about their own appearance though.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I was talking about attracting high value/status males or those with superior genetics, in such cases they already have an abundance when it comes to access to women. Think back to caveman/tribal days or as society progressed, the "king"/"leader" figures. Displaying that you are fertile as a woman (aka: attractive appearance) would draw such men to you more than less attractive women. The men are already pre-selected in such cases, the only question is who they want to sleep with. 
I wasn't insinuating that it was a one way street where men can just sit back and do nothing and have women do all the work. The qualities you mentioned are important but the most important quality is high value/status; which often comes with good looks/job etc. The thread is about why women care about their own appearance though.

Cause it makes life easier.  Looking good has it's advantages.  People treat you better, you get more opportunities, you're forgiven more for your other faults etc. 

Cause it makes life easier.  Looking good has it's advantages.  People treat you better, you get more opportunities, you're forgiven more for your other faults etc. 

Back
Top Bottom