Why do women care so much about being pretty?

DCAllAmerican wrote: Interesting. It is safe to say black/latino are more attracted to the lower halves of women because that is what our women usually have. And white men are attracted to ******* because that is what their women usually have. I know you basically said that but you never really just sit and think about it. 
That is basically it. Even though I tend to think that for white women, I will give them legs rather than boobs. I find boobs tend to be other ethnicities that have that on lock (in general, or on average,  ie. Middle Eastern). If you look at the plastic surgeries for body parts for different ethnicities, most white women will get breast augmentation, black and latina women get the butt injections.

As a father of a 5 year old daughter, I've become very aware of all the pressures females are subjected to their entire lives as it pertains to their appearance.

Toys, cartoons, magazines, grandparents, hell, pretty  much everything have subtle and not so subtle suggestions that if you aren't aesthetically appealing you don't have anything worthwhile.

It starts off with telling babies and toddlers "oh, you're so cute." or "she's beautiful" and all the positive re-enforcement they get as kids over how they look. Then they grow up and the role models that they have a Barbies and Disney princesses, people that don't  have acne and have perfect figures and attract attention from men because of their appearance

As men, we don't get it because it was never about that for us growing up. There are more pressures to be athletic, and smart, and to be a lady-killer.  The difference is staggering.

You repeat this cycle over hundreds of years, and guess what happens. You have a large amount of women concerned about their appearance and a bunch of ignorant men wondering why
Real

As a father of a 5 year old daughter, I've become very aware of all the pressures females are subjected to their entire lives as it pertains to their appearance.

Toys, cartoons, magazines, grandparents, hell, pretty  much everything have subtle and not so subtle suggestions that if you aren't aesthetically appealing you don't have anything worthwhile.

It starts off with telling babies and toddlers "oh, you're so cute." or "she's beautiful" and all the positive re-enforcement they get as kids over how they look. Then they grow up and the role models that they have a Barbies and Disney princesses, people that don't  have acne and have perfect figures and attract attention from men because of their appearance

As men, we don't get it because it was never about that for us growing up. There are more pressures to be athletic, and smart, and to be a lady-killer.  The difference is staggering.

You repeat this cycle over hundreds of years, and guess what happens. You have a large amount of women concerned about their appearance and a bunch of ignorant men wondering why
Real

the objectification of women has been around since the birth of the conutry, we're progammed as children to identity with what is attractive and what is not attractive for example; iconic cartoons like Betty Boop and Barbie Dolls having a slim Coke bottle frame

It's pretty much out of our control now, just like how many people are subconsciously racist without being aware of it

the objectification of women has been around since the birth of the conutry, we're progammed as children to identity with what is attractive and what is not attractive for example; iconic cartoons like Betty Boop and Barbie Dolls having a slim Coke bottle frame

It's pretty much out of our control now, just like how many people are subconsciously racist without being aware of it

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Because they're all insecure . The end.

What? How are people giving this question serious answers
laugh.gif
Do you like ugly women?
C'mon son, I could type out a long elaborate essay on why women get all dolled up. But why waste my time when all I have to do is sum it up in one statement that's got a 50/50 chance of being true? 
Even if I'm somewhat wrong, I'm somewhat right. 

*Yeezy Shrug*

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Because they're all insecure . The end.

What? How are people giving this question serious answers
laugh.gif
Do you like ugly women?
C'mon son, I could type out a long elaborate essay on why women get all dolled up. But why waste my time when all I have to do is sum it up in one statement that's got a 50/50 chance of being true? 
Even if I'm somewhat wrong, I'm somewhat right. 

*Yeezy Shrug*

Pointing the finger at men for all of women's problems only means that women have no control over their actions or thoughts. It's deeper than that. No I'm not saying everybody in this thread is using that as the scapegoat either

Pointing the finger at men for all of women's problems only means that women have no control over their actions or thoughts. It's deeper than that. No I'm not saying everybody in this thread is using that as the scapegoat either

eh i hate the whole "all women have to do is look pretty". Thats why when we go to the club and try to talk with one, they can act like they're better than you because they "look pretty".

eh i hate the whole "all women have to do is look pretty". Thats why when we go to the club and try to talk with one, they can act like they're better than you because they "look pretty".

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Exactly.
If you're an ugly dude, you can supplement with:

charm/ personality

physique

cash

intelligence

fake having cash

fake your personality

If you're an ugly girl the only thing you can supplement with is a nice body and that body better be bangin. Dudes don't really care off the bat about your personality or your money or your intelligence. As sad as that is, that's the truth. A girl can have a high IQ and have a great personality but if she's ugly and doesn't have a bangin body then most dudes won't even give her a look. 

This is very true
The fact that there's so much agreement with this without the acknowledgement that the problem has NOTHING to do with women outlines why women are at such a disadvantage in our society.

These are standards not set by women, but by men. The problem isn't so much the insecurity of women, but the continual objectification of women BY MEN.
You're absolutely correct but I don't think it's just relegated to certain cultures. It's more so a biological state. Yes, some cultures carry this dynamic into the absurd but men of all cultures value the woman's appearance above all else. At least in the beginning stages of interaction. 
Let's take "charming". A guy can be charming. A girl can't. There are girls who are charming but they're called "sexy" . "Charm" has nothing to do with physical appearance. "Sexy" has everything to do with appearance even though the traits of "sexy" have little to do with appearance. 

With women, virtually everything is about looks from the male perspective. We can't think different. Whenever a woman passes by your first thought is either, "I'd #+!$" or " pass". That's a fact. Any guy who says different is either lying, isn't into women, or psychologically wired out of the norm (not necessarily bad). 

Exactly.

charm/ personality

physique

cash

intelligence

fake having cash

fake your personality

If you're an ugly girl the only thing you can supplement with is a nice body and that body better be bangin. Dudes don't really care off the bat about your personality or your money or your intelligence. As sad as that is, that's the truth. A girl can have a high IQ and have a great personality but if she's ugly and doesn't have a bangin body then most dudes won't even give her a look. 

This is very true
The fact that there's so much agreement with this without the acknowledgement that the problem has NOTHING to do with women outlines why women are at such a disadvantage in our society.

These are standards not set by women, but by men. The problem isn't so much the insecurity of women, but the continual objectification of women BY MEN.
You're absolutely correct but I don't think it's just relegated to certain cultures. It's more so a biological state. Yes, some cultures carry this dynamic into the absurd but men of all cultures value the woman's appearance above all else. At least in the beginning stages of interaction. 
Let's take "charming". A guy can be charming. A girl can't. There are girls who are charming but they're called "sexy" . "Charm" has nothing to do with physical appearance. "Sexy" has everything to do with appearance even though the traits of "sexy" have little to do with appearance. 

With women, virtually everything is about looks from the male perspective. We can't think different. Whenever a woman passes by your first thought is either, "I'd #+!$" or " pass". That's a fact. Any guy who says different is either lying, isn't into women, or psychologically wired out of the norm (not necessarily bad). 

Exactly.

charm/ personality

physique

cash

intelligence

fake having cash

fake your personality

This is very true

tumblr_lojkr8SMR11qzwq6ro1_500.gif

Exactly.

charm/ personality

physique

cash

intelligence

fake having cash

fake your personality

This is very true

tumblr_lojkr8SMR11qzwq6ro1_500.gif

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

do you understand what patriarchy is, because thats pretty much the root of all women's problems. men.

do you understand what patriarchy is, because thats pretty much the root of all women's problems. men.

Originally Posted by culturecarnage

That's more social than psychological

so youre saying social structure doesnt influence behavior?

so youre saying social structure doesnt influence behavior?

Back
Top Bottom