Why Do you buy/collect Jordans/Shoes?

I was going to make a new thread. Since I was just speaking about people collecting video games on Racketboy more than people on NT collects shoes.

But I think originally, the obsession comes from showing off for others. The attention/approval of others.
Then it just becomes a habit that many feel they need to keep up after that initial stage.
I think that initial approval is still there, but I don't think that is the only reason why folks do it.

I was going to make a new thread. Since I was just speaking about people collecting video games on Racketboy more than people on NT collects shoes.

But I think originally, the obsession comes from showing off for others. The attention/approval of others.
Then it just becomes a habit that many feel they need to keep up after that initial stage.
I think that initial approval is still there, but I don't think that is the only reason why folks do it.

I'm actually about to get my first pair of J's. I figure in 40 years it will be cool to have owned a pair and have them around. And they just look cool, unlike any other sneaker
/serious response

I'm actually about to get my first pair of J's. I figure in 40 years it will be cool to have owned a pair and have them around. And they just look cool, unlike any other sneaker
/serious response

Not sure if cereal
grin.gif

I got into them because of MJ himself and I had to have anything associated with him and I absolutely adored the designs so I started to buy each one. I buy other shoes for the design and for performance. I just buy what I like pretty much.

I got into them because of MJ himself and I had to have anything associated with him and I absolutely adored the designs so I started to buy each one. I buy other shoes for the design and for performance. I just buy what I like pretty much.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Its always the new dudes that come in here and try to start a post with a really vague question. Its like going into a cooking school and asking all the chefs why do you like to cook? You are better off posting some ghetto jewelry, a toddler latino rapper, free magazine links, or pics of Kim Kardashian. I'm just sayin'...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Its always the new dudes that come in here and try to start a post with a really vague question. Its like going into a cooking school and asking all the chefs why do you like to cook? You are better off posting some ghetto jewelry, a toddler latino rapper, free magazine links, or pics of Kim Kardashian. I'm just sayin'...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Sports fan.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Sports fan.

I always liked watching Mike play... then I grew to 6'5" and a size 16 shoe. it was either dusty Emmitt Smiths or Jordans after that. I made the right choice.

I always liked watching Mike play... then I grew to 6'5" and a size 16 shoe. it was either dusty Emmitt Smiths or Jordans after that. I made the right choice.

Back
Top Bottom