Why do young'ns swear that retro V's are from '99?

was it worth the argument? i mean was it worth 'calling him out' so you get stripes or somethin?

^ Didn't that guy say "BOTH Cement IV's"? Which would mean white/cement and black/cement? That's what I took it as. Plus what does oreoeven refer to? (Don't tell me black/cement IV's because I know what it refers to.)

Like a guy above me already mentioned, ask him "so when did the XX3s come out?". According to his logic it would be 2007 since that's theproduction date. But I think overwhelming majority will say XX3s came out in 2008, therefore that's the right answer and you win this argument.

I don't think its really that serious. Ifu kno ur right then ur right. Just let the other person be ignorant

he probably wasnt around for the release and most people look at the inside tag for the release date and so yeah

Who cares? Is it even worth the argument, or worth making this post in the first place? Does it make you cool because you know when the shoes came out? Here isyour cookie:

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by jonny1200

^^^ YOU ARE WRONG!!!

The only retro Jordans released in 1999 were Both Cement IVs, Wht/Navy and Black/Grey IVs.

All the Vs, White IVs, Spacejams and Concords were from 2000

And you are wrong. You forgot the Oreo's.

I don't have a problem with young'ns calling them by either 99 or 2000. I call em either 2000 or retro. NOW I DO HAVE A PROBLEM, A BIG PROBLEM WITH YOUNGN'S WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL CALLING THE 99 IV'S AND 2000 V'S, OG! STOP IT. THEY ARE NOT OG'S AND NEVER WILL BE. Cased closed.

??? Black/Grey IVs = Oreos. I just really don't like that nickname lol

I don't see what the big deal is or was at the time. They had a release date in 2000, but were manufactured in 1999. No biggie.

WOW... you can NOT be serious...

this guy is TOO silly.

I'm going to be upfront... this guy is referring to me.

This is the exact reason why I don't like holding conversations with HIM...

Whether they were made in '99 and released in 2000 or whatever I really don't care. I use that terminology to distinguish the shoes from the otherretros, and guess what, it gets the message across.

This is my problem:

This guy reads my away message about "'99 V's" and hits me up talking about that there is no such thing yada yada... "school me","educate me", all this acting like I don't have a life and that it's my duty to inform him. I try to end the conversation with him but hecontinues to send me paragraphs and numerous IM's saing: "hey are you there?", "whats going on", "please tell me", "areyou still there?", "talk to me", "say something", "I'm calling you out on your away message", "prove mewrong".

I'm thinking, this guy can't be serious. So i tell him to do his own research and find out himself. I told him that he probably wasn't even aroundwhen the shoes dropped and I get a response like this (the most premature/ametuer/hypebeast response one could ever get):

I GOT TWO PAIRS OF TITANIUMS AND TWO PAIRS OF PLAYER EDITION VIII's. (in caps)

... all i could think was WOW. Is this the mentality these kids have when they obtain shoes like this? This is exactly why these kids don't deserve shoeslike this because once they get a "rare" shoe they think their *!%@ is big.

I ended up redirecting him to Air-Jordans.com (didn't care when they did release) so that he could leave me the #!%* alone. I for one have been aroundsince the release but its been so long ago and so unimportant that I don't care to remember things like this.

This guy is silly and NOT worth my time. HE sends ME a message and calls me out on my away message about the release date of my '99 V's. Then he'snot sure for himself and tells me to prove it to him to educate him. He pesters me for about 30 min all while he tries to prove his Air-Jordan"coolness" through his "gems" that came out less than 3 months ago. Then he finds out the release date and tells me how he was being"humble" yada yada yada. THEN, he comes here and posts this....

SILLY.

^^^WOW!!! im with soysauce on this one, you cant really side with kids that have been in the shoe game less than 8 years. I mean i would have understood theargument if some kid was saying his '07 retro V's were OG's, that is something to be mad about, but not this...this is just plain silly

I don't understand why people get so caught up on such trivial s#it... there is so much going on in the world that warrants this kind of attention, Ican't understand the passion demonstrated on this topic. OK, so they were produced in '99 and sold in 2000 - Correct. Now what? Is there a prize? Isthere a pat on the back? It's really not that serious, kids.

This thread is comedy, but man those were some good years for Air Jordan fans.

I would have never thought that it would be like the way they are now.

smh.gif

what really matters is always distorted by those who are mislead and quick to drop their so called "facts"

Oreos.. Last shots... Raptors... Bred... GOSH.
Curiosity kills cat; creativity kills me..

First RETRO Vs were made in 1999, but released in 2000.
Doesn't matter what they swear. Kids swear all the time, including profanities.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by jonny1200

^^^ YOU ARE WRONG!!!

The only retro Jordans released in 1999 were Both Cement IVs, Wht/Navy and Black/Grey IVs.

All the Vs, White IVs, Spacejams and Concords were from 2000

And you are wrong. You forgot the Oreo's.

I don't have a problem with young'ns calling them by either 99 or 2000. I call em either 2000 or retro. NOW I DO HAVE A PROBLEM, A BIG PROBLEM WITH YOUNGN'S WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL CALLING THE 99 IV'S AND 2000 V'S, OG! STOP IT. THEY ARE NOT OG'S AND NEVER WILL BE. Cased closed.

i have a problem with people calling the black/grey 4's "oreos"...

Basically.

Originally Posted by acekilla408

he probably wasnt around for the release and most people look at the inside tag for the release date and so yeah
wrong, people look at the inside tag for the production date, if it was the release date we wouldnt be having this discussion

Back
Top Bottom