Why do young'ns swear that retro V's are from '99?

Originally Posted by WellerZ06

Who cares? 1999, 2000... Is it really worth arguing about?

Yeha, just pick up the SOLE COLLECTOR Mag on the 23s and be done with it. Argueing over small stupid technicalities and losing sleep over it is funny.

Originally Posted by soysauce23

WOW... you can NOT be serious...

this guy is TOO silly.

I'm going to be upfront... this guy is referring to me.

This is the exact reason why I don't like holding conversations with HIM...

Whether they were made in '99 and released in 2000 or whatever I really don't care. I use that terminology to distinguish the shoes from the other retros, and guess what, it gets the message across.

This is my problem:

This guy reads my away message about "'99 V's" and hits me up talking about that there is no such thing yada yada... "school me", "educate me", all this acting like I don't have a life and that it's my duty to inform him. I try to end the conversation with him but he continues to send me paragraphs and numerous IM's saing: "hey are you there?", "whats going on", "please tell me", "are you still there?", "talk to me", "say something", "I'm calling you out on your away message", "prove me wrong".

I'm thinking, this guy can't be serious. So i tell him to do his own research and find out himself. I told him that he probably wasn't even around when the shoes dropped and I get a response like this (the most premature/ametuer/hypebeast response one could ever get):

I GOT TWO PAIRS OF TITANIUMS AND TWO PAIRS OF PLAYER EDITION VIII's. (in caps)

... all i could think was WOW. Is this the mentality these kids have when they obtain shoes like this? This is exactly why these kids don't deserve shoes like this because once they get a "rare" shoe they think their *!%@ is big.

I ended up redirecting him to Air-Jordans.com (didn't care when they did release) so that he could leave me the #!%* alone. I for one have been around since the release but its been so long ago and so unimportant that I don't care to remember things like this.

This guy is silly and NOT worth my time. HE sends ME a message and calls me out on my away message about the release date of my '99 V's. Then he's not sure for himself and tells me to prove it to him to educate him. He pesters me for about 30 min all while he tries to prove his Air-Jordan "coolness" through his "gems" that came out less than 3 months ago. Then he finds out the release date and tells me how he was being "humble" yada yada yada. THEN, he comes here and posts this....

SILLY.

werent you the guy that had "info" about the VIII P.E. release? it seems that you didnt know jack *$%@
laugh.gif

that diminishes your credibility champ

Back
Top Bottom