Why Does Paul "The Truth" Pierce STILL Get No Respect??

I've been a fan of Pierce. He gets respect from me. But yeah, he doesn't get "respect" because his game isn't flashy.

he gets no respect because he is the THIRD best player on his team
smh.gif

Pierce > Allen.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

Pierce is one of my favorites and the Celts are my team. His late game antics are highly underrated.

However... this statement is completely false:

He's got good taste in women (showing his active hands in that category as well):
I know someone has pictures of those big boned hoodrats he stays with.

pierce is the truth, just for the game he scored 1 point in the first half then like 47 in the 2nd half and ot to finish with 48

when shaq oneal said paul pierce is the mf'ing truth

Originally Posted by SHUGES

What are you talking about? He's a beast, you made this post because of something Bill Walton said?
Nah, I made this thread for the misguided.

Example #1:

he gets no respect because he is the THIRD best player on his team
smh.gif

I'll give you KG. But PP has always been a better ALL-AROUND player than Ray.

Example #2:

and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.
In 01-02, Celtics went 49-33 and lost to NJ in the ECF.
Pierce had the best year of his career that year. 26 ppg 7 rpg 2 spg 44% fg 40% 3p in 82 games.
smh.gif

They made the playoffs in 02-03 and he put up similar stats once again. So I'm not getting the whole "he put up numbers on a losing team argument".

And Zo, I'll give you that upset against Zona (who was no slouch either as they were the eventual champs I think right?). But I'm dismissing your comment about the Celtics never having any team success with Pierce there.

PP always been good. Very, very underated

I love Paul Pierce, and he has had a consistent career, but he's not better than Dirk Nowitzki. Maybe more clutch, but not better than, but I'm notgoing to get into that anymore.

Paul Pierce I think gets looked down upon because how bad the Celtic's have been the past few season, but in the early 2000's they were relativelygood, and Pierce has always been the leader for the Celtic's, and I still don't think that's changed. PP is real, and I think this team would stillbe doing well if they only had either PP and one of the two other big guns.

His game would be doing better, stat wise, without the other two. But thats not exactly a good thing.

Hes been one of my favorites but I like tracy and kobe over him, maybe because they make highlight plays.

^^ Take tracy off that list. I rather have a consistent player like PP then a player that is know for lacking heart.

Paul Pierce I think gets looked down upon because how bad the Celtic's have been the past few season, but in the early 2000's they were relatively good, and Pierce has always been the leader for the Celtic's, and I still don't think that's changed. PP is real, and I think this team would still be doing well if they only had either PP and one of the two other big guns.

All true.

Paul has always been a great player, even going back to highschool. I remember him dominating in the Mcdonalds all-american game with the likes of KG, Vince Carter, Abdur-Rahim, Marbury, Billups(who sat out),etc. and even though back then he wasn't flashy as he really isn't today I knew he was going to be a beast. Dude just performs and gets it done night in and night out, I think you have a greater appreciation for him when watch him play live as well....

As far as his NBA career he's been underrated/underappreciated since draft night, if that draft were held today he could easily have been as high as #1 and #3 at the absolute lowest...

I would like to see the C's win the championship so he and KG and Ray to some extent can receive their just due.

Yea Pierce is a very good clutch player. He gets put 'under the radar' because of the hype of KG & Ray on the team now. He is a good player, alwayshas been, & does deserve more credibility. Especially since he was on that team through thick & thin & what he did for the franchise year in &year out.

Game winner against the Nets last season
C'mon man...don't remind me
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ray used to a better player, I don't think so the past few years

but make no mistake about it

KG has made the team this year, easily the MVP of the league, easily

easily the MVP of the league, easily

No

if he wins MVP this season then it furthermore proves how much of a joke that award has become.... It always goes to the best player on the best team insteadof the "most valuable player".

Take Pierce off the Celtics they aren't 28-3
Same for Ray and same for KG..... KG has helped this team a lot, but it will be a joke if he wins it this year for the reason I mentioned above

I dont know why you're saying this, Paul Pierce has been one of the best players in the L for a while, and i think most people are aware of that. Garnett> Pierce > Allen.

Top 5 players in the L:
Duncan, Bryant, James, Nash, Garnett. In that order. Pierce Falls in my top 10 or 12 for sure.

Pierce gets overlooked because his team hasn't been in the playoffs the last few years and there hasn't really been any excitement coming from theCeltics. For a while he was the only guy there. Even when Toine came back he was still the only threat so they were never on national tv.

Pierce gets respect, and did when he was puttin in work with walker

he had like a 94 rating in 2k3...if thats not respect, then idk wut is

Same for Ray and same for KG..... KG has helped this team a lot, but it will be a joke if he wins it this year for the reason I mentioned above
Please explain how it's a joke if KG wins MVP? this statement makes 0 sense logically or otherwise...

So If KG doesn't get it who does? With pierce and Allen only you have a bottom seed playoff team, Add KG and you have one of the most dominant teams in theleague.

He is a good player, always has been, & does deserve more credibility. Especially since he was on that team through thick & thin & what he did for the franchise year in & year out.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

players that put up numbers for horrible teams dont and never will get respect which they never should. and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

but he should get respect for what he is doing this year

I couldnt say it better myself, Bigmike

Back
Top Bottom