Why don't sportcasters keep it real about Lebron?

If Lebron worked on his jumpers and took jumpers instead, people would criticize him for not attacking the basket more. So much hate for a player with 0 rings....now that's greatness.

Kobe can make jumpers, but the Lakers are better when he doesn't take jumpers.

If Lebron worked on his jumpers and took jumpers instead, people would criticize him for not attacking the basket more. So much hate for a player with 0 rings....now that's greatness.

Kobe can make jumpers, but the Lakers are better when he doesn't take jumpers.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

If Lebron became nothing but a jumpshooter like people describe Kobe as, he'd be shooting in the 30% range from the field.

If Dwight Howard did, he'd be shooting 3%. Shaq in his prime? 2%.
roll.gif

Typical sports fan way of arguing. As if we're only talking about the jump shot. That's just one part of the skill set. 
The overall skill set is weak. His athleticism may be the best to have ever graced the league.

btw, Shaw's skill set (for his position) > Lebron's. Shaq's footwork and sense of awareness in relation to the hoop was impeccable for a big man. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Lebron's skill set being weak.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

If Lebron became nothing but a jumpshooter like people describe Kobe as, he'd be shooting in the 30% range from the field.

If Dwight Howard did, he'd be shooting 3%. Shaq in his prime? 2%.
roll.gif

Typical sports fan way of arguing. As if we're only talking about the jump shot. That's just one part of the skill set. 
The overall skill set is weak. His athleticism may be the best to have ever graced the league.

btw, Shaw's skill set (for his position) > Lebron's. Shaq's footwork and sense of awareness in relation to the hoop was impeccable for a big man. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Lebron's skill set being weak.

This is just pure hate speaking. Might want to analyze his shot selection first:

http://www.82games.com/1011/10MIA9.HTM

69% of LeBron's field goal attempts this year, in other words more than two thirds, are jumpshots and he makes 47% of them.

But I heard something a commentator say while playing NBA2k11 the other day, which is true. A mid range jumpshot is the dumbest shot you can take, efficiency wise. Inside shots, drives to the baskets and arguably 3 pointers are better solutions. Shots close to the basket because the shooting percentage is higher plus you draw more fouls. As for 3-pointers, it's arguable because even though they are lower percentage, hitting 4 out of 10 from behind the line is 2 points better than hitting 5 of 10 from mid range and the same as hitting 6 of 10 from mid range. But on the other hand, 3-pointers still lead to more misses, and a missed shots ends up in opponent's hands way more because defensive rebounds are way more frequent than offensive.

Jumpshooting is not a weakness in LeBron's game at all. His biggest weaknesses are free-throw shooting and low post offense.

This is just pure hate speaking. Might want to analyze his shot selection first:

http://www.82games.com/1011/10MIA9.HTM

69% of LeBron's field goal attempts this year, in other words more than two thirds, are jumpshots and he makes 47% of them.

But I heard something a commentator say while playing NBA2k11 the other day, which is true. A mid range jumpshot is the dumbest shot you can take, efficiency wise. Inside shots, drives to the baskets and arguably 3 pointers are better solutions. Shots close to the basket because the shooting percentage is higher plus you draw more fouls. As for 3-pointers, it's arguable because even though they are lower percentage, hitting 4 out of 10 from behind the line is 2 points better than hitting 5 of 10 from mid range and the same as hitting 6 of 10 from mid range. But on the other hand, 3-pointers still lead to more misses, and a missed shots ends up in opponent's hands way more because defensive rebounds are way more frequent than offensive.

Jumpshooting is not a weakness in LeBron's game at all. His biggest weaknesses are free-throw shooting and low post offense.

So he lacks first step, he finds other ways to make up for that. We all know he lacks overall smoothness, but you don't need that to be dominant.

So he lacks first step, he finds other ways to make up for that. We all know he lacks overall smoothness, but you don't need that to be dominant.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

The heat plan to cry about foul calls... I'm sorry no one else in the league does that right.

I guess that was Lebron who called the ref a derogatory name while crying all the way to the bench... stop it. If you don't like the player fine but all this hate for a super star and two time mvp is just dumb.
Every team cries about calls yes. KOBE is definitely a big cry baby. But is now more so he is old, and wants to still maintain his impact. But his skillset and the fact that he works on his weaknesses differentiates him from Lebron. 
Lebron mainly relies on bulling his way to the rim or taking bad shots. LEBRON AND WADE DOES IT EXCESSIVELY. Wade does it to the point where he is practically in tears. While Lebron gets away with the most travels I have ever seen for a BONAFIDE NBA star.

Funny thing is that Lebron takes so many shots which would give you a stoneface if you were balling with that guy at the park. I dunno, maybe i just feel like he's been forcefed down everyone's throat since day one.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

The heat plan to cry about foul calls... I'm sorry no one else in the league does that right.

I guess that was Lebron who called the ref a derogatory name while crying all the way to the bench... stop it. If you don't like the player fine but all this hate for a super star and two time mvp is just dumb.
Every team cries about calls yes. KOBE is definitely a big cry baby. But is now more so he is old, and wants to still maintain his impact. But his skillset and the fact that he works on his weaknesses differentiates him from Lebron. 
Lebron mainly relies on bulling his way to the rim or taking bad shots. LEBRON AND WADE DOES IT EXCESSIVELY. Wade does it to the point where he is practically in tears. While Lebron gets away with the most travels I have ever seen for a BONAFIDE NBA star.

Funny thing is that Lebron takes so many shots which would give you a stoneface if you were balling with that guy at the park. I dunno, maybe i just feel like he's been forcefed down everyone's throat since day one.

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

Lobron Jomes does have some serious flaws in his offensive game.  I am curious to see if he ever decides to work on them.  Obviously his basketball IQ is tremendous, but I think he's too committed to being a legendary off the basketball court to hit the gym and work on his offensive skill set.  And especially now that he has Wade to close out games, he's certainly not going to have the same motivation.  
lmao this tool talks like he's bron's trainer or somethin...keep that to yourself lol

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

Lobron Jomes does have some serious flaws in his offensive game.  I am curious to see if he ever decides to work on them.  Obviously his basketball IQ is tremendous, but I think he's too committed to being a legendary off the basketball court to hit the gym and work on his offensive skill set.  And especially now that he has Wade to close out games, he's certainly not going to have the same motivation.  
lmao this tool talks like he's bron's trainer or somethin...keep that to yourself lol

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

It looks like the OP was right after all.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I thought it was crazy at first but I guess he was. my eyes have been opened

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

It looks like the OP was right after all.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
I thought it was crazy at first but I guess he was. my eyes have been opened

Back
Top Bottom