Why have there been no EPIC NT Summits in Brazil? Pics 4 Dem Beasts.

Originally Posted by Mist

Jokes on you?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Naw. I didn't say I didn't love it here lol. It's amazing. There is literally nothing like it.

The benefits far outweigh the flaws, and I connected with great people from not only Brazil, but all around the world. My family member is also a diplomat here so that doesn't hurt either. The girls lawwwwd.

I'm also not dark/black so I have never been subjected to stuff like that, but I just had to warn some NT'ers that if they were going for quality girls...it may be VERY hard.

so...

DoS...

since everything is expensive out there...

do online shops ship to brazil? Like can you buys clothes/shoes online? For example can you order from say, JCrew? Or Nike.com? Flightclub?

Sorry for being ignorant...I'm so materialistic though, I'd probably not move to a country that couldn't get items shipped from major stores....
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

so...

DoS...

do online shops ship to brazil? Like can you buys clothes/shoes online? For example can you order from say, JCrew? Or Nike.com? Flightclub?

Sorry for being ignorant...I'm so materialistic though, I'd probably not move to a country that couldn't get items shipped from major stores....
ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
No Brazilian I know shops on the internet. They don't order anything online. They usually have to travel, which is why the rich have everything, and the poor have nothing. The rich bring back suitcases full of products when they go to Europe and the States because it's so much cheaper there. They don't even shop at their own Brazilian LV store because it's so expensive.

Since my relative is a diplomat, the U.S. embassy gets mail so we can order off the internet. If you don't have that connection...you're screwed.

Originally Posted by DoS

so...

DoS...

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
No Brazilian I know shops on the internet. They don't order anything online. They usually have to travel, which is why the rich have everything, and the poor have nothing. The rich bring back suitcases full of products when they go to Europe and the States because it's so much cheaper there. They don't even shop at their own Brazilian LV store because it's so expensive.

Since my relative is a diplomat, the U.S. embassy gets mail so we can order off the internet. If you don't have that connection...you're screwed.
thought that was a myth
glasses.gif

Can't wait for the WC but I will just be outta college and hence poor... and I just don't know about Russia...
But i'll definitely visit once in my lifetime

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by needsomejays

world cup 2014 NT summit, bleeeee dat

tumblr_lpwu0eTSh71qa1krt.gif

Two years is good timing to start planning. Whose taking the lead?  

Originally Posted by DoS

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by DoS

jokes on you guys. I live here.

What's it like in Brazil?
Things you like and dislike?
Are you Brazilian or an American living in Brazil?
American.
Drinking age is 18. The women are sexy. You cannot walk two blocks without seeing one with dat ***. Weather is great. Everyone is nice and it's a beautiful place. Food is also great.

Cable sucks here. The supermarkets suck. Everything is 3x the normal price because of their government. They want Brazilians to buy Brazilian products, but Brazilians DON'T make there own products. They don't even know how to make their own drugs. They are terrible drivers. They take forever to do EVERYTHING. They are worried that they won't be done in time for the Olympics and the world cup because they are very far behind on their stadiums. It once took me 15 minutes to get chicken nuggets at McDonalds here. SRS.

They aren't very intelligent either. I used to go to school with the Brazilian elite, and they could careless about school. They were so rich. Every weekend 14-18 year old kids would go to night clubs and the richest ones would purchase the v.i.p booth. They all buy bottles on bottles on bottles.

They also have a race problem, but they won't admit it. Some people are blatantly racist. Some aren't as out there with their racism, but they still have it in them. If you wanted to marry a rich white girl here(the only rich people you can find are white, possibly!!!!! asian in some regions, or very light skin. RARELY do you see a rich black. I've never seen one) chances are you can't be black. Being black is harder there than in the States in my opinion.

The girls are so beautiful though man. They REALLY are.

I have so much more, but I didn't want to type an essay. I have stories and a lot more to share, but this is what just came to my mind.

Hmm... That's interesting... I'm assuming they know how to fake it and hide the racism when there are black tourists, hu?
30t6p3b.gif
They at least know what money looks like, right? I mean.. They arent going to treat people bad when they know they're trying to spend money?

And I know this is one opinion and perspective, but I respect and it holds a little more weight to me because you're American. I'll have to check Brazil out.

Originally Posted by DoS

so...

DoS...

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Oh screw that, I'd never live in a place where I can't go shopping. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Is there any resentment towards Portuguese people due to the colonial history? I don't know much about Brasilian culture
ohwell.gif
And I didn't expect the skin color prejudice to be that severe, because there are MANY full blooded (not including the Moorish heritage) Portuguese people who are naturally very tan and have darker features, including my family . My dad is Portuguese and my mom is Indian, yet people always think my mom is white and my dad is Mexican/Indian/Arab/Persian 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Is there any resentment towards Portuguese people due to the colonial history? I don't know much about Brasilian culture
ohwell.gif
And I didn't expect the skin color prejudice to be that severe, because there are MANY full blooded (not including the Moorish heritage) Portuguese people who are naturally very tan and have darker features, including my family . My dad is Portuguese and my mom is Indian, yet people always think my mom is white and my dad is Mexican/Indian/Arab/Persian 
laugh.gif

Nothing to be resentful about really... we just declared independence on Portugal's @%% and not a dam was given.
There are a lot "Portuguese are dumb" jokes though, but that's just kind of a cultural thing linked to the different dialects.

DoS, Rio de Janeiro? If so, BSRJ or ASRJ?

Originally Posted by DoS

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by DoS

jokes on you guys. I live here.

What's it like in Brazil?
Things you like and dislike?
Are you Brazilian or an American living in Brazil?
American.
Drinking age is 18. The women are sexy. You cannot walk two blocks without seeing one with dat ***. Weather is great. Everyone is nice and it's a beautiful place. Food is also great.

Cable sucks here. The supermarkets suck. Everything is 3x the normal price because of their government. They want Brazilians to buy Brazilian products, but Brazilians DON'T make there own products. They don't even know how to make their own drugs. They are terrible drivers. They take forever to do EVERYTHING. They are worried that they won't be done in time for the Olympics and the world cup because they are very far behind on their stadiums. It once took me 15 minutes to get chicken nuggets at McDonalds here. SRS.

They aren't very intelligent either. I used to go to school with the Brazilian elite, and they could careless about school. They were so rich. Every weekend 14-18 year old kids would go to night clubs and the richest ones would purchase the v.i.p booth. They all buy bottles on bottles on bottles.

They also have a race problem, but they won't admit it. Some people are blatantly racist. Some aren't as out there with their racism, but they still have it in them. If you wanted to marry a rich white girl here(the only rich people you can find are white, possibly!!!!! asian in some regions, or very light skin. RARELY do you see a rich black. I've never seen one) chances are you can't be black. Being black is harder there than in the States in my opinion.

I have so much more, but I didn't want to type an essay. I have stories and a lot more to share, but this is what just came to my mind.
Yep Brazil in a Nutshell. 

Originally Posted by DoS

American.

What about Asians? How are they treated over there?

And are there a lot of car parties, like in Fast Five? What happens if I drive around the streets in a Lamborghini?

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Nothing to be resentful about really... we just declared independence on Portugal's @%% and not a dam was given.
There are a lot "Portuguese are dumb" jokes though, but that's just kind of a cultural thing linked to the different dialects.

DoS, Rio de Janeiro? If so, BSRJ or ASRJ?
I still don't know why we Portuguese pronounce everything with a "sh". Dani Alves=Dani AlveSH in Portugal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoS

Originally Posted by Mist

Jokes on you?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Naw. I didn't say I didn't love it here lol. It's amazing. There is literally nothing like it.

The benefits far outweigh the flaws, and I connected with great people from not only Brazil, but all around the world. My family member is also a diplomat here so that doesn't hurt either. The girls lawwwwd.

I'm also not dark/black so I have never been subjected to stuff like that, but I just had to warn some NT'ers that if they were going for quality girls...it may be VERY hard.

What's considered dark/black to brazil?

2 questions. Can you get by without speaking portugese. as in English only???

Are the girls as easy as it looks on tv?

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

if they're not easy, i've heard of "pros" that only charge $40 for the nite. and she cleaned the hotel room, folded dudes clothes, etc., the next morning.
laugh.gif
  i heard that from a cat that use to go once a quarter for this very reason - tricking yes, but who cares when the quality is that good but the prices are so cheap.  

Would be a great trip, Copa beach I have to visit in my lifetime

Thanks for the interesting insight into what its like to live in Brazil. I like many others want to head down for the world cup but I highly doubt I'd have the funds for something so extravagant in time for 2014. Plus my GF would want to come and there is no point in bringing sand to a beach.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

You can get by anywhere with just speaking English. A lot of people here are excited to practice their English, but if you want a girl it's better to just learn a little bit of the language.

It also depends on the girl. The rich girls are pretty hard to get, but if you are going for a lower class girl...then you will most likely have more success. They like to keep it real. Just don't go for the girls that are ALL over you from the minute they meet you.

platinumfunk- i first went to EAB, and now ASRJ

Back
Top Bottom