Why is Andre 3000 top 5?

roc boy jada

Banned
I have never really listened to him but I would be interested in hearing him spit if he is that good.

I've seen people on NT say this often. I guess I'll try to see for myself.

What material do you suggest I listen, to be convinced that he is top 5?

I think dude is dope but top 5 is too much. He needs more of a solo career, i can't rank him because he's part of a duo.

^says the man with Joe Budden and Stack Bundles in his top 5. and he's a G-Town fan
sick.gif

laugh.gif

He's nice as hell, that's all i know.

But i'm not putting him in my top 5 till i see what he can do on a "Solo" album....Much harder to do than a joint one.

PO

laugh.gif
i'm just ##@+%@+ with you my dude. it's all personal opinion.

there's about 5-7 dudes who i consider to be in that upper echelon status, just a tier above everybody else, and Dre is in that category and no amount ofarguing from anybody will change my opinion on that.

ehh..f ranking yo...it just get lame and its not worth arguing about....

(why am I saying this so much these days)

Def. in my top 5 ... All his verses are so ill and he covers every topic you can think off... listen to Aquemini and tell me he aint top 5

He's kinda like eminem to me...in the same way that Em was technically a monster but his albums and content were wack, Dre is even iller in my opinion,in my top 10 for sure, but he only deserves half the credit for everything he's done with Outkast. And his recent run of killin it on features isimpressive, but again, it's a whole different thing to keep that up for a whole solo album. Could he make an illmatic, ready to die, reasonable doubt,paid in full?

With that said, his album is my most anticipated release of the year, if it's dope, and he's actually rappin, then I can see ranking him with theelite.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

just listen to the Aquemini album. or ATLiens. Or anything he's ever been on.
laugh.gif

so true. i only like the throw some Ds on it remix becasue he was on it
pimp.gif

No lie, it seems like Dre being mentioned as a top 5 rapper came out of NOWHERE. He was always respected as a solid artist and a pioneer so to speak, butI'm in the mall one day hearin cats callin him the GOAT
laugh.gif

Dude flow is definitely on point tho. He's like the best of both world's basically, he delivers an introspective message with clever wordplay. Offtopic, but mad cats say I look and sound like dude, lol.

If he does drop an album, he better be rapping. Tho I respect him for tryin to keep it creative & fresh on Love Below, I'm not feelin that FrankSinatra/ Rat Pack style. I wanna hear the Dre that wore Falcon jerseys, not falcoln feathers.

well when someone discusses their top 5....
it has to be respected....its all personal opinion....
some people dont seem to understand that...
eryone has different tastes in terms of music....
to me 3000 is top 5...hes actually in my top 3

i suggest listening to erything you can get your hands on...

Andre 3000 is a great story teller. Word to Slick Rick. It's hard nowadays to hear him actually spit because his music focus is so abstract but check forthe older Outkast albums such as ATLiens and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (long title
laugh.gif
) were nice when he was spittin real hard. Anyways, dude'snice but not focused on rap enough to be in my top 5.

Joe and Em don't even belong in the conversation, there are way too many to put before them. I mean next your going to throw Cam'ron in there, hecklet's add Mase for good measure. For rel, where is Rakim? I mean Andre Benjamin is sick, like someone else mentioned already and I will second it, HE HASNOT ONE WEAK RHYME! He is so smooth.

Joe really? Come one now..... Pump pump pump it up! da da da da duh duh duuuuuuuuuh!!!

NO!!!!

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Joe and Em don't even belong in the conversation, there are way too many to put before them. I mean next your going to throw Cam'ron in there, heck let's add Mase for good measure. For rel, where is Rakim? I mean Andre Benjamin is sick, like someone else mentioned already and I will second it, HE HAS NOT ONE WEAK RHYME! He is so smooth.

Joe really? Come one now..... Pump pump pump it up! da da da da duh duh duuuuuuuuuh!!!

NO!!!!
I agree with everything you pretty much said except for the Budden part. Pump It Up was the label's idea as the 1st single to his album a few yearsback, Budden himself doesn't even like it that much. But Joe Budden's got way more talent than that song you posted. If you've heard more songsfrom dude other than "Pump It Up" and you still don't like Budden...aight, I understand, at least you heard his music before. But ifnot...don't be so quick to judge. 1~

Joe and Em don't even belong in the conversation, there are way too many to put before them.
It's my opinion...not your's.

If we all had the same tastes and a universal 'top 5'

things would be pretty boring ,wouldn't they?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom