Why is Andre 3000 top 5?

nawghtyhare wrote:
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

agree that Andre is a good rapper but top 10 it depends r u talkn about all time. No. top 10 now. Maybe I mean there aint really a lot of competition out there nowadays but he still goes hard. i aint tryna take anything away from him. Oh and last time i checked Wayne went hard on hollywood divorce. Only a TRUE HATER would doubt that. U aint even gotta bea wayne fan to realize he actually out rapped Dre on there
Waynes Verse

Yeah, and I don't have to go to Hollywood,
Cuz Hollywood come thru my neighborhood wit cameras on,
I really think they stealin' from us like a sampled song,
I really wish one day we'd take it back like hammers hom'
The hurricane come and took my Lilweezyana home,
And all I got in return was a durn country song,
This whole country wrong, oh but you right if you just put a little ice on, and cut ya mic on,
But you don't even write songs, but Hollywood make you spit like a python, I meant cobra I'm,
So not sober I'm high like a Hollywood coffee or soda you can call me a roller hold up,
Your grill's glistenin', spent a hundred thousand on mine to feel different, what's the real sense of it uh,
Bling bling I know and did you know I'm the creator of the term I just straightened the perm
They let it sit too long they just makin' it burn,
Make a movie of our lifestyle but they earn (urn) like a dead body burned on the mantlepiece
That's why I try not to lie on wax like it's candle grease
And I be's the little %@%++, cooler than antifreeze defrost on your window pane,
Lil' Wayne but in Hollywood it's "Little" Wayne, it don't make me numb, that's why I got a prenup... I DO.

Wayne's whole verse consists of LIKE or THAN

3 Stacks

A is for Adamsville
B is for Bowen Home
C if I give a !%*% if you like me you know I don't,
If she ain't got a good head on her leave that ho alone,
If she do got some good head on her let her sing a song,
D is for what I serve, I don't be on no curb,
She ain't no junkie neither, I ain't no dope dealer,
But she keep comin' back, three stacks must be some crack,
Put that pipe in her lap, she ain't know how to act,
Now that I've got your undivided attention I'm,
Gonna say this and run, under condition one,
Promise me you gon' stack, promise me you gon' ball,
Promise me you'll invest three-fourth of it all,
For what? So your kid's kid's kids can have some cheese,
Can't get wit it? Git git git git get on your knees,
Cuz wealth is the word, riches 'round the corner from the curb,
Don't like what I write, shoot me a bird.

3 Stacks Came wayyyyyyy more creative by breakin down the alphabet in the 1st half of verse and didnt use LIKE or THAN the whole verse chill Wayne got flamed on dis track, im far from a wayne hater but him seein 3000 on n e track is not happenin

I can do that
A is for at
B is for bat
C is for cat
tell me how is that creative and mind u im not takin anything away from dre but wayne was the best one on hollywood divorce
And wayne only said like 1 time and where in the verse did he say than

i'm not gonna get into this (both of your arguments are equally ridiculous) but learn to read. wayne has two lines in a row with a "like" punchline. twice. and uses "than" in the line after one of them.

for the record, wayne > 3000. on that song only of course.

But wit ur ABC's were u tellin a story about how u popped it off wit sum chick dat fell in luv wit u??????? No. 3 Stacks is talkin about arelationship witta a girl as a relationship of sumbody loose'n dey fame wat is wayne rappin bout? A movie in New Orleans? Biting Rappers? Ghostwriters?About his dope addiction? The hurricane? His Ice? His Grill? Wat does n e of dat have 2 du wit the song????? If u lil dudes realize how many artist there is nplaces like NY alone dat can say slick stuff dat doesnt pertain 2 a perticular subject u dudes will b amazed at how average wayne is on dis track. I kno crazydudes in VA dat'll say slick stuff but cant put it as a whole and in2 a story/song.
U lil dudes is buggin think'n LIKE , THAN, AS OR IS(cuz all 4 make punchlines/metaphors) makes a song. I see why older dudes dat spit b lik Hip Hop Deadyung bucks is brainwashed and buyin in2 n e thing.

3 stacks and big boi r the gr8est rap group ever, sum say wu and wat not but look at dem other groups now. Outkast still drop dope music 2 dis day. And as far as rappers u cant compare 3000 to a rapper cuz he's jus too creative. Its lik comparin prince to a R&B dude.

But top 5 "MCs/Rappers" period
1.) Biggie
2.) Nas
3.) Big L
4.) Rakim
5.) Pun *Eminem in prime Jay Z will never make this list in my opinion cuz his career is 2 suspect; He's rode 2 many coat tails his career from biggie, to big l, and the 2nd half of career consisted of them philly dudes style. (Peep Major Figgas, Gillie, Young Chris, Oschino and Omillio Sparks nem bak in the day)

But top 5 Musically
1.) Pac 2.)
3.) Nas
4.) Badu
5.) Lauren Hill *Big Boi
How he rode Biggie?????? R u serious dude. Jay was my "man'n" Big way b4 Big died dog and wen Big left jay took dude style. Big L slick fast Flow repition and metaphors Jay bit that dat peep his 1st album. Listen 2 Big L do it in 95 den listen Jay do it on Reasonable doubt in 96.
Lik i said, Big L poops on Jay in 95' in a free verse and Jay borrows L flow on his 96' joint Reasonable Doubt ( Jus listenin 2 L rap circles around Jay and Jay stumble wen tryin 2 flow lik L)
Too bad he switched his flow to a SLOWER cadence in 96.....Jay used to rap DUMB fast.....

Example:

And this is from 94

What you got to say about Big L biting Lord Finesse's whole style?
Son prolly didn't even know Finesse BIRTHED THE WHOLE STYLE OF PUNCHLINE RAP....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....But WOW.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Don't know #!* you're talking about....
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

DaddyRabbit251 wrote:
3 stacks and big boi r the gr8est rap group ever, sum say wu and wat not but look at dem other groups now. Outkast still drop dope music 2 dis day. And as far as rappers u cant compare 3000 to a rapper cuz he's jus too creative. Its lik comparin prince to a R&B dude.

But top 5 "MCs/Rappers" period
1.) Biggie
2.) Nas
3.) Big L
4.) Rakim
5.) Pun *Eminem in prime Jay Z will never make this list in my opinion cuz his career is 2 suspect; He's rode 2 many coat tails his career from biggie, to big l, and the 2nd half of career consisted of them philly dudes style. (Peep Major Figgas, Gillie, Young Chris, Oschino and Omillio Sparks nem bak in the day)

But top 5 Musically
1.) Pac 2.)
3.) Nas
4.) Badu
5.) Lauren Hill *Big Boi
How he rode Biggie?????? R u serious dude. Jay was my "man'n" Big way b4 Big died dog and wen Big left jay took dude style. Big L slick fast Flow repition and metaphors Jay bit that dat peep his 1st album. Listen 2 Big L do it in 95 den listen Jay do it on Reasonable doubt in 96.
Lik i said, Big L poops on Jay in 95' in a free verse and Jay borrows L flow on his 96' joint Reasonable Doubt ( Jus listenin 2 L rap circles around Jay and Jay stumble wen tryin 2 flow lik L)
Too bad he switched his flow to a SLOWER cadence in 96.....Jay used to rap DUMB fast.....
What you got to say about Big L biting Lord Finesse's whole style?
Son prolly didn't even know Finesse BIRTHED THE WHOLE STYLE OF PUNCHLINE RAP....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....But WOW.....
smh.gif
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

U dudes miss the point, cuz almost everybody uses punchlines and as far as style and flow L is nuttin lik Finesse maybe Percee P but not finesselil dudes. the point is Jay battle L tried got merked stumble and fumbled wen tryna flow lik L. The fact that Jay was man'n Big L afterwards, then came ayr later wit a flow/delivery/pace/wordplay ect similiar 2 L's on Reasonable doubt. I never said L made punchlines or nuthin like dat . Just refer 2 youtubeand listen 2 dude in 95', then listen 2 boy in 96'.

Also, check out 'The Originators' w/ Jaz-O.....

and NOT the one on Hard Knock Life....The one from the early 90's.....
wink.gif

Jay came in the game Rapping like Jaz-O.....Not like Lamont.....

I don't even hear Big L when I listen to jay...Just like I don't hear Jay when I listen to L....

I dunno man....I guess we will just have to agree to disagree....

The fact is....Jay came in rappin that fast $#%#....and it wasn't working....So he slowed it down....

And the style he was rapping w/ early on was FAIRLY popular...

That Big L joint was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
though....

And there is no sense in putting that 30 something remix up....Esp. since it was made AFTER jay already put it on his album...Thats the same verse, Dre andCube just came on afterwords. You might have more of a point if it was a real remix w/ 3 new verses....

^^^ I Yawn at the excuses made 4 jay, 1st Renegade isnt considered Jay song cuz it was royce and em's 1st now this

Dat Big L freestyle was from 92' dunno why it wudnt show.....

But this jus how i feel doe man Jay do Jay but ill feel alot of other artist r better whether it b dead or alive

Ain't no excuses...It is what it is.....

You acting like I said Dre didn't have the best verse....

Whatever man...Believe what you like....
happy.gif

^^^ I said he was cool, but gr8 ehhhh suspect and we not gone get in2 how he used Jaz O dats a whole nutha arguement. Jus 2 many coincidents and question marksin Jay career 4 me. Boy wen from DJ 2 Hov, its like wayne goin from wobble d wobble 2 u f__ witcha bol. But he's cool his stuff now aint nothin crazy a fewjoints here and there get my blood pumpin

YO! Y'all on some tug of war %#%+...

But ain't no way in hell Wayne verse was better than Dre's on "Hollywood Divorce." Don't let his ability to stay on topic for once makeyou goo goo gaa gaa. DF!!!

Originally Posted by allen3xis

says the man with Joe Budden and Stack Bundles in his top 5
Joe would be, but it's not like I'm alone in that anymore
ohwell.gif

Jay Z
Nas
Big
Em
Joe

Is that bad?
and he's a G-Town fan

Man, yall hatin on them tonight
laugh.gif

Anyone who has Joe Budden in their top 5 has a completely invalid opinion on hip hop.

Dre 3000 is nice but Eminem > Andre

I'll take Eminem on "Renegade" level against any rapper, ever. Real talk.

Jay-Z
Nas
Biggie
2pac
Big L

Is my top 5. Andre 3000 could probably catch spot 9 or 10 but he aint touchin those 5 dudes.

nawghtyhare wrote:

agree that Andre is a good rapper but top 10 it depends r u talkn about all time. No. top 10 now. Maybe I mean there aint really a lot of competition out there nowadays but he still goes hard. i aint tryna take anything away from him. Oh and last time i checked Wayne went hard on hollywood divorce. Only a TRUE HATER would doubt that. U aint even gotta bea wayne fan to realize he actually out rapped Dre on there
Waynes Verse

Yeah, and I don't have to go to Hollywood,
Cuz Hollywood come thru my neighborhood wit cameras on,
I really think they stealin' from us like a sampled song,
I really wish one day we'd take it back like hammers hom'
The hurricane come and took my Lilweezyana home,
And all I got in return was a durn country song,
This whole country wrong, oh but you right if you just put a little ice on, and cut ya mic on,
But you don't even write songs, but Hollywood make you spit like a python, I meant cobra I'm,
So not sober I'm high like a Hollywood coffee or soda you can call me a roller hold up,
Your grill's glistenin', spent a hundred thousand on mine to feel different, what's the real sense of it uh,
Bling bling I know and did you know I'm the creator of the term I just straightened the perm
They let it sit too long they just makin' it burn,
Make a movie of our lifestyle but they earn (urn) like a dead body burned on the mantlepiece
That's why I try not to lie on wax like it's candle grease
And I be's the little %@%++, cooler than antifreeze defrost on your window pane,
Lil' Wayne but in Hollywood it's "Little" Wayne, it don't make me numb, that's why I got a prenup... I DO.

Wayne's whole verse consists of LIKE or THAN

3 Stacks

A is for Adamsville
B is for Bowen Home
C if I give a !%*% if you like me you know I don't,
If she ain't got a good head on her leave that ho alone,
If she do got some good head on her let her sing a song,
D is for what I serve, I don't be on no curb,
She ain't no junkie neither, I ain't no dope dealer,
But she keep comin' back, three stacks must be some crack,
Put that pipe in her lap, she ain't know how to act,
Now that I've got your undivided attention I'm,
Gonna say this and run, under condition one,
Promise me you gon' stack, promise me you gon' ball,
Promise me you'll invest three-fourth of it all,
For what? So your kid's kid's kids can have some cheese,
Can't get wit it? Git git git git get on your knees,
Cuz wealth is the word, riches 'round the corner from the curb,
Don't like what I write, shoot me a bird.

3 Stacks Came wayyyyyyy more creative by breakin down the alphabet in the 1st half of verse and didnt use LIKE or THAN the whole verse chill Wayne got flamed on dis track, im far from a wayne hater but him seein 3000 on n e track is not happenin

I can do that
A is for at
B is for bat
C is for cat
tell me how is that creative and mind u im not takin anything away from dre but wayne was the best one on hollywood divorce
And wayne only said like 1 time and where in the verse did he say than

i'm not gonna get into this (both of your arguments are equally ridiculous) but learn to read. wayne has two lines in a row with a "like" punchline. twice. and uses "than" in the line after one of them.

for the record, wayne > 3000. on that song only of course.

But wit ur ABC's were u tellin a story about how u popped it off wit sum chick dat fell in luv wit u??????? No. 3 Stacks is talkin about a relationship witta a girl as a relationship of sumbody loose'n dey fame wat is wayne rappin bout? A movie in New Orleans? Biting Rappers? Ghostwriters? About his dope addiction? The hurricane? His Ice? His Grill? Wat does n e of dat have 2 du wit the song????? If u lil dudes realize how many artist there is n places like NY alone dat can say slick stuff dat doesnt pertain 2 a perticular subject u dudes will b amazed at how average wayne is on dis track. I kno crazy dudes in VA dat'll say slick stuff but cant put it as a whole and in2 a story/song.
U lil dudes is buggin think'n LIKE , THAN, AS OR IS(cuz all 4 make punchlines/metaphors) makes a song. I see why older dudes dat spit b lik Hip Hop Dead yung bucks is brainwashed and buyin in2 n e thing.

U act like u aint never heard dre say Like, Than, As or Is. So why is you hatin everybody that raps has done one of thoses in a rap. its funny cause iremember back in 05 everybody was on waynes monkey when the dedication and carter 3 dropped now he is wack. and i admit his latest stuff has been kinda offlately but this right here is proof that hiphop fans are very wishy washy. they like u one minute then dont the next. I got thespeakerboxx/lovebelow album andthe only song i listen to is that one at the end when he rapping. i remember back then everybody really didnt even like the album but they let Dre slidebecause of his reputation as a good rapper.

^^^ Im not wishy washy i kno wat wayne is doin he's goin that commercial route, jus as anutha good rapper lik TI did. TI and Wayne were both solid but itsabout makin money so ehhhhhh. Not all wayne stuff is bad its jus if u listen 2 a song like the Pac Tribute on the 1st dedication he was jus hungry andagressive now alotta his stuff now sound like he jus high as kite. But he did perform well on The Rich Boy and John Legend: Rich Ghetto Remix wit Nas but hedont come like dat everysong ne more. And if u listen 2 the 1st 2 dedications/carter 2 wayne was cumin hard it wasnt like a freestyle dem joints was like songsand didnt have the like, the like, the like, the like in everyline which makes his topics so scattered. I mean other artist use metaphors but he takes a verseor song and makes it ALL metaphors sometimes. And even if gillie fed wayne sum stuff, i dont think gillie wrote all wayne stuff, cuz the dedications and carter2 > the carter i jus feel wayne jus flipped gillie's style and ran wit it. But now its like lets get this paper, so i jus hope he finds himself on theCarter 3 man cuz he was pose 2 b up dere wit other guys Lupe but he jus cant find himself.

But lik i said 3000 is gr8 2 me simple b/c of his ability 2 take a story and put it in2 a song man. Jus listenin 2 him take the movie Idlewild and him and BigBoi makin that movie in2 an Album is jus sumthin gr8 that's different and alotta otha dudes simply cant do.

Back
Top Bottom