Why is Andre 3000 top 5?

Originally Posted by BlackCease

He's kinda like eminem to me...in the same way that Em was technically a monster but his albums and content were wack, Dre is even iller in my opinion, in my top 10 for sure, but he only deserves half the credit for everything he's done with Outkast. And his recent run of killin it on features is impressive, but again, it's a whole different thing to keep that up for a whole solo album. Could he make an illmatic, ready to die, reasonable doubt, paid in full?

With that said, his album is my most anticipated release of the year, if it's dope, and he's actually rappin, then I can see ranking him with the elite.

Co-sgin

Lupe's topics are far too scattered for me
Andre isn't the most linear of rappers either. I don't mean to put Lupe up with Andre YET, but by L U P End...he might just have to be thenew school Andre. Think about it, both dudes are kind of weird... Lupe's a nerd and 3000 does Yoga ahaha.

3 stacks and big boi r the gr8est rap group ever, sum say wu and wat not but look at dem other groups now. Outkast still drop dope music 2 dis day. And as faras rappers u cant compare 3000 to a rapper cuz he's jus too creative. Its lik comparin prince to a R&B dude.

But top 5 "MCs/Rappers" period
1.) Biggie
2.) Nas
3.) Big L
4.) Rakim
5.) Pun *Eminem in prime Jay Z will never make this list in my opinion cuz his career is 2 suspect; He's rode 2 many coat tails his career from biggie, tobig l, and the 2nd half of career consisted of them philly dudes style. (Peep Major Figgas, Gillie, Young Chris, Oschino and Omillio Sparks nem bak in the day)

But top 5 Musically
1.) Pac 2.)
3.) Nas
4.) Badu
5.) Lauren Hill *Big Boi

Originally Posted by R3ignMan

Maybe last year I would've disagreed with him being top 5 but honestly he says just as much or maybe more than ur favorite rapper, and what really highlights him is having Big Boi on a track with him because u see how far ahead he is. He would lyrically rap laps around Weezy and u can quote me on that. I've been listening to him since I was a young'n and really aint payed no attention and during the past couple of months I listened to the whole Kast catalogue(sp) and yes he is a monster.

I agree that Andre is a good rapper but top 10 it depends r u talkn about all time. No. top 10 now. Maybe I mean there aint really a lot of competition outthere nowadays but he still goes hard. i aint tryna take anything away from him. Oh and last time i checked Wayne went hard on hollywood divorce. Only a TRUEHATER would doubt that. U aint even gotta bea wayne fan to realize he actually out rapped Dre on there

agree that Andre is a good rapper but top 10 it depends r u talkn about all time. No. top 10 now. Maybe I mean there aint really a lot of competition out there nowadays but he still goes hard. i aint tryna take anything away from him. Oh and last time i checked Wayne went hard on hollywood divorce. Only a TRUE HATER would doubt that. U aint even gotta bea wayne fan to realize he actually out rapped Dre on there
Waynes Verse

Yeah, and I don't have to go to Hollywood,
Cuz Hollywood come thru my neighborhood wit cameras on,
I really think they stealin' from us like a sampled song,
I really wish one day we'd take it back like hammers hom'
The hurricane come and took my Lilweezyana home,
And all I got in return was a durn country song,
This whole country wrong, oh but you right if you just put a little ice on, and cut ya mic on,
But you don't even write songs, but Hollywood make you spit like a python, I meant cobra I'm,
So not sober I'm high like a Hollywood coffee or soda you can call me a roller hold up,
Your grill's glistenin', spent a hundred thousand on mine to feel different, what's the real sense of it uh,
Bling bling I know and did you know I'm the creator of the term I just straightened the perm
They let it sit too long they just makin' it burn,
Make a movie of our lifestyle but they earn (urn) like a dead body burned on the mantlepiece
That's why I try not to lie on wax like it's candle grease
And I be's the little %@%++, cooler than antifreeze defrost on your window pane,
Lil' Wayne but in Hollywood it's "Little" Wayne, it don't make me numb, that's why I got a prenup... I DO.

Wayne's whole verse consists of LIKE or THAN

3 Stacks

A is for Adamsville
B is for Bowen Home
C if I give a !%*% if you like me you know I don't,
If she ain't got a good head on her leave that ho alone,
If she do got some good head on her let her sing a song,
D is for what I serve, I don't be on no curb,
She ain't no junkie neither, I ain't no dope dealer,
But she keep comin' back, three stacks must be some crack,
Put that pipe in her lap, she ain't know how to act,
Now that I've got your undivided attention I'm,
Gonna say this and run, under condition one,
Promise me you gon' stack, promise me you gon' ball,
Promise me you'll invest three-fourth of it all,
For what? So your kid's kid's kids can have some cheese,
Can't get wit it? Git git git git get on your knees,
Cuz wealth is the word, riches 'round the corner from the curb,
Don't like what I write, shoot me a bird.

3 Stacks Came wayyyyyyy more creative by breakin down the alphabet in the 1st half of verse and didnt use LIKE or THAN the whole verse chill Wayne got flamedon dis track, im far from a wayne hater but him seein 3000 on n e track is not happenin

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

3 stacks and big boi r the gr8est rap group ever, sum say wu and wat not but look at dem other groups now. Outkast still drop dope music 2 dis day. And as far as rappers u cant compare 3000 to a rapper cuz he's jus too creative. Its lik comparin prince to a R&B dude.

But top 5 "MCs/Rappers" period
1.) Biggie
2.) Nas
3.) Big L
4.) Rakim
5.) Pun *Eminem in prime Jay Z will never make this list in my opinion cuz his career is 2 suspect; He's rode 2 many coat tails his career from biggie, to big l, and the 2nd half of career consisted of them philly dudes style. (Peep Major Figgas, Gillie, Young Chris, Oschino and Omillio Sparks nem bak in the day)

But top 5 Musically
1.) Pac 2.)
3.) Nas
4.) Badu
5.) Lauren Hill *Big Boi

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

How Jay ride Bigs coat-tails if he died in 97? Big L...F is you talkin about duke? He rode Major Figgas coat tails?

_s just be talkin wreckless nowadays
smh.gif

How he rode Biggie?????? R u serious dude. Jay was my "man'n" Big way b4 Big died dog and wen Big left jay took dude style. Big L slick fast Flowrepition and metaphors Jay bit that dat peep his 1st album. Listen 2 Big L do it in 95 den listen Jay do it on Reasonable doubt in 96.

And Philly....

Jus about all dem philly boys rap wit that same swag, and peep how Jay and Wayne came wit dat same swag. We kno Wayne had Gillie, but look at the roster Jayhad 2 bite: Chris, neef, Oschino, Beans, Omillio Sparks, free, peedi, da boy had a whole roster. Peep Philly music and see how it birthed the 2nd half of Jaycareer until now man. JAY Z USED DEM DUDES AND GOT RID OF EM.

And the dudes at they prime Jay cudn't see..

Biggie Murdered Him
Big L Murderd Him
Eminem murdered him on his own s_
Nas recently murdered him on Success
PUN he couldnt see on the rap tip either

Dudes need 2 chill wit Jay Z 4real. He cool, but Wayne's cool, TI cool, ect

"Eminem murdered him on his own s_ "

No, it was Em's track to begin with. The OG version featured Royce da 5'9 so it was never Jays "#$$".

How he rode Biggie?????? R u serious dude. Jay was my "man'n" Big way b4 Big died dog and wen Big left jay took dude style. Big L slick fast Flow repition and metaphors Jay bit that dat peep his 1st album. Listen 2 Big L do it in 95 den listen Jay do it on Reasonable doubt in 96.

And Philly....

Jus about all dem philly boys rap wit that same swag, and peep how Jay and Wayne came wit dat same swag. We kno Wayne had Gillie, but look at the roster Jay had 2 bite: Chris, neef, Oschino, Beans, Omillio Sparks, free, peedi, da boy had a whole roster. Peep Philly music and see how it birthed the 2nd half of Jay career until now man. JAY Z USED DEM DUDES AND GOT RID OF EM.

And the dudes at they prime Jay cudn't see..

Biggie Murdered Him
Big L Murderd Him
Eminem murdered him on his own s_
Nas recently murdered him on Success

Dudes need 2 chill wit Jay Z 4real. He cool, but Wayne's cool, TI cool, ect

Like str8 up and down....you sick in the head fam.
Did you just put Jay in the same category as T.I. and Lil Wayne....Dudes who have admitted from day 1that their single greatest musical influence is Jay-Z?
smh.gif

Jay sounds like Beans, Sparks, Neef, Peedi and Free? ++! is you on ?!

Jay birthed Chris, everything he says and the way he says it is a direct influence of Jay's swag....Dude was 17 and still learning how to put wordstogether when Jay dropped the Blueprint

He sounds like a Philly rapper on Black Album, Kingdom Come and American Gangster?...You on the Blue Magic my yute. Cut it out.

Jus about all dem philly boys rap wit that same swag, and peep how Jay and Wayne came wit dat same swag. We kno Wayne had Gillie, but look at the roster Jay had 2 bite: Chris, neef, Oschino, Beans, Omillio Sparks, free, peedi, da boy had a whole roster. Peep Philly music and see how it birthed the 2nd half of Jay career until now man. JAY Z USED DEM DUDES AND GOT RID OF EM.

Jay doesn't sound anything like anybody from philly. If anything Young Chris tries to emulate Jay's style.
You're reaching.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Word...I think Big Boi is better than 3000 too.

No way in hell is Big Boi better than Andre, verse for verse 3000 raped him on every song

Lik i said, Big L poops on Jay in 95' in a free verse and Jay borrows L flow on his 96' joint Reasonable Doubt ( Jus listenin 2 L rap circles aroundJay and Jay stumble wen tryin 2 flow lik L)

Brooklyn's finest Big smoked him and everybody know dude tried 2 b Big

And Em torched him on renegade, so u dudes can say wat u say but wen on a track wit three of possibly the top MCs of all time he got smoked and den u still gotNas who merked him and Pun and Rakim left 2 mention. So like i said Jay is cool along wit alotta otha dudes dat do dere thing. Im not sayin he garbage lik JimJones or somebody like dat but 2 me he cool lik alotta otha dudes dats not gr8.

And yea dudes say jay inspired dem cuz look how business savy he is, he one the richest black entertainers ever of course dudes wanna b dat but if i had 2 makeof a list of 5 top hip hop artist jay wudnt make da list. And 2 say Jay birthed Philly style is wild wen dem dudes was on b4 they got wit jay and jay was takindem off dey songs and puttin dem on his album and callin em remixes. And dudes wonder why wayne was soundin lik jay wen Gillie was writin his stuff, cuz alottaof dem philly dudes sound alike especially in State Property. I mean u Jay Z-aholics mite not feel it but its real which is why rocafella is kanye west now. Idb suprised if jay let Jada put out a album on da label u see how Free and Beans did, beans cumin out of pocket 4 his vids dont even kno if free had one wont b2 long b4 Hov done usin dem. Kindome Come was Jay Z wackest effort and American gangster is not far behind, comment on his ablums that actually meant somethinsuch as Reasonable Doubt, Life and Times of SC, or the Blueprint cuz his new stuff is not wack it was (wonder why). Dude almost 40 and worth 600 mill and tries2 make a album about his life as i crime boss????? And now we see how far ahead guys like Nas and 3 Stacks r from dis dude.

My list of hip hop Artist
1. Pac
2. Biggie
3. Nas
4. Rakim
5. 3 stacks (top 5)
6. Em
7. Pun
8. Badu
9. Big L
10. Lauren Hill
* Cube
* Ghostface
* Common

Nobody in my list has a Halo over dere heads of soundin lik nobody else, doin wat everybody else doin, or GETTIN OUTSHINED ON DEY OWN TRACKS by nobody and 6 ofthem have one or more classic (5 mic) albums.

^^^^ See dat and wat Jay droppin now, " Blue magic, whip it around it still cum back hard."???? Dre u can close ur eyes and see wat he sayin a moviealmost. Jay " Ordered some Patreezy While talkin' to this breezy" who wrote dat Jeezy and Dre and Jay around the same age and u think Jay is gr8chiiiillllllll

agree that Andre is a good rapper but top 10 it depends r u talkn about all time. No. top 10 now. Maybe I mean there aint really a lot of competition out there nowadays but he still goes hard. i aint tryna take anything away from him. Oh and last time i checked Wayne went hard on hollywood divorce. Only a TRUE HATER would doubt that. U aint even gotta bea wayne fan to realize he actually out rapped Dre on there
Waynes Verse

Yeah, and I don't have to go to Hollywood,
Cuz Hollywood come thru my neighborhood wit cameras on,
I really think they stealin' from us like a sampled song,
I really wish one day we'd take it back like hammers hom'
The hurricane come and took my Lilweezyana home,
And all I got in return was a durn country song,
This whole country wrong, oh but you right if you just put a little ice on, and cut ya mic on,
But you don't even write songs, but Hollywood make you spit like a python, I meant cobra I'm,
So not sober I'm high like a Hollywood coffee or soda you can call me a roller hold up,
Your grill's glistenin', spent a hundred thousand on mine to feel different, what's the real sense of it uh,
Bling bling I know and did you know I'm the creator of the term I just straightened the perm
They let it sit too long they just makin' it burn,
Make a movie of our lifestyle but they earn (urn) like a dead body burned on the mantlepiece
That's why I try not to lie on wax like it's candle grease
And I be's the little %@%++, cooler than antifreeze defrost on your window pane,
Lil' Wayne but in Hollywood it's "Little" Wayne, it don't make me numb, that's why I got a prenup... I DO.

Wayne's whole verse consists of LIKE or THAN

3 Stacks

A is for Adamsville
B is for Bowen Home
C if I give a !%*% if you like me you know I don't,
If she ain't got a good head on her leave that ho alone,
If she do got some good head on her let her sing a song,
D is for what I serve, I don't be on no curb,
She ain't no junkie neither, I ain't no dope dealer,
But she keep comin' back, three stacks must be some crack,
Put that pipe in her lap, she ain't know how to act,
Now that I've got your undivided attention I'm,
Gonna say this and run, under condition one,
Promise me you gon' stack, promise me you gon' ball,
Promise me you'll invest three-fourth of it all,
For what? So your kid's kid's kids can have some cheese,
Can't get wit it? Git git git git get on your knees,
Cuz wealth is the word, riches 'round the corner from the curb,
Don't like what I write, shoot me a bird.

3 Stacks Came wayyyyyyy more creative by breakin down the alphabet in the 1st half of verse and didnt use LIKE or THAN the whole verse chill Wayne got flamed on dis track, im far from a wayne hater but him seein 3000 on n e track is not happenin

I can do that
A is for at
B is for bat
C is for cat
tell me how is that creative and mind u im not takin anything away from dre but wayne was the best one on hollywood divorce
And wayne only said like 1 time and where in the verse did he say than

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

chozin87 wrote:
I have the answer young man

Andre 3000 is top five because opinions vary.

Now agreeing with that opinion is your choice

I know that it is an opinion. I never listened to him to determine whether or not he is top 5

I just wanted to know why people think that he is top 5.

And I wanted to know what some of his best work is.

Kool.

So in my opinion he's not top 5 because I can't find the usefulness of putting rappers in a list.

Now as to why somebody else would think this,

IMO again

a) subject matter

b) flow

c) creativity

d)he's an all around breath of fresh air in today's rap game

His best work. (Not an Outkast expert, but I'll see what I can do for you)Just some of my favorite appearances.

I'm gonna guess you've heard most of his appearances in 2007 and 2008 and leave that alone.

Chozin87's Fave Five Andre 3000 Appearances Before 2007

1. Art of Storytelling -(all of them)

2. Babylon

3.Elevators

4. Return of the "G"

5.So Fresh, So Clean
and.....the bonus song

A Life In The Day of Benjamin Andre

**pause**

I have to include his verse on Sleepy Brown- I Can't Wait

Three stacks has always been nice in my book. But in the past couple years, he has seemed to slow his flow down a little so now dudes can comprehend him a lilbetter now and are able to better grasp just how nice he is on the mic.

Back
Top Bottom