Why Is Dave East's musical career stuck?

Idk why Dave East never blowing up surprises some of yall. I called that ish years ago when yall was hyping him up.

if you ask me he's literally one hit away & he has all da intangibles that's actually harder to get...

-female fans

-lyrical

-marketable

-hate is real low with duke.

Def Jam should just buy him a hit like them pop stars and slap it on da grittiest NY album he can make.... it worked for Method Man.

Funny enough he plays Method Man on that Wu-Tang show.

Eh. I don't think he really makes timeless music. His talent is there, but all of his stuff sound like he's biting off of other rappers. Parnoia 2 and Kiari Chanel are really great because they sound like it's what he wanted to make, not to impress anyone.

I dont think dude all that lyrical....at times but dude repetitive and changes subject bar to bar. Still rooting for him tho. Should tap in with ALC for a concept album.....

he is like Chinx drugz before Chinx Drugz figured it out.... Maybe he needs to join a click.

His sound in itself isn't marketable. He's a 90's, early 2000 rapper.

you're right, but da wrapper around Dave east is very marketable.

image and marketability is what separated Nas against AZ.

AZ is Nas without if i ruled da world.

Joe Budden is Fabolous without so into you and trade it all.

if Dave East dont get a commerical hit soon.....he's gonna be da crip version of Game without hate it or love it. ...

It's funny because he doesn't seem like he can do a chick record, but it's some ugly dudes(pause) who have done chick records that would have taken off if chicks actually liked them.

He needs a crossover song, if that's a club, chick, or tiktok song.

He's one of those dudes who needs to buy a skeleton of a song already done by someone popular, and just add his vocals. Maybe that might get him what he needs. But then once he gets one, he's going to need another.

His sound in itself isn't marketable. He's a 90's, early 2000 rapper.

That doesn't stand out in 2020.

So he has to chase sounds.

He has a lane, that he needs to stick to. When he chases sounds it doesn't really get new fans, but it turns off his existing fans.
I agree. The last thing you want to be is a 2000s rapper in 2020.

you're right, but da wrapper around Dave east is very marketable.

image and marketability is what separated Nas against AZ.

AZ is Nas without if i ruled da world.

Joe Budden is Fabolous without so into you and trade it all.

if Dave East dont get a commerical hit soon.....he's gonna be da crip version of Game without hate it or love it. ...
This is not true. If Nas has Sugar Hill it would’ve been his If I Rules the World. Loso was more marketable than Joey. It’s just some people fans gravitate too. You can’t force fans to like based on a hit.

I don't think he cares enough. Could be wrong.

He doesn't. He's using rap as a segue to modeling and acting. It's been clear for a while if you listen to his music. He has no hunger or fire behind his lyrics. I used to be a fan then wrote him off.

He's one of those dudes who needs to buy a skeleton of a song already done by someone popular, and just add his vocals

yep, and or get on a feature....he's riiiiight there but he ain't over that hump.

I don't think he cares enough. Could be wrong.

you might be right now... acting/walk thru money might've spoiled him.

I agree. The last thing you want to be is a 2000s rapper in 2020.

Griselda would beg to differ.

There’s nothing special about Dave East. When females talk about him it’s usually about his looks. And dudes don’t talk about.

you know appealing to women is one of da hardest things to do in rap? in a male dominated, male centric genre?

Dave East is LL Cool J with no hey lover....

that's why its so sad when pop smoke got killed...son was da whole package out da gate.

East doesn't make the kind of music to ever really become a "Star" Not to mention being on Def Jam doesn't help.

Musically he's still as good as he's always been but Survival could have been way stronger, he needed a better EP

yep, and or get on a feature....he's riiiiight there but he ain't over that hump.

you might be right now... acting/walk thru money might've spoiled him.

Griselda would beg to differ.

you know appealing to women is one of da hardest things to do in rap? in a male dominated, male centric genre?

Dave East is LL Cool J with no hey lover....

that's why its so sad when pop smoke got killed...son was da whole package out da gate.

I mean I don't know much about Pop but I remember a week earlier people was calling him ugly because the whole photographer who put his photo online....only time I heard people mention him outside of music. I think Pop had a lane though. A lane that Dave East isn't capable of capturing.

And there's a bunch of LL's without Hey Lover.

That's the thing you can't say create a LL because LL was capable of making Hey Lover. Dave East is not capable of making a Hey Lover.

It has to come organic. Especially in today's time.

Let's don't act like Dave ain't tried. He's had records with Ty Dolls Sign on the hook and Chris Brown. Dave just fits in that lane to where he's not conscience enough to be Kendrick and he's not ignorant enough to be Migos.

Could’ve been in the meek lane....but he got stale and stopped making bangers. Type of time was a street/club banger. But The timing of it was off tho. Probably a lil bit too early before he had recognition, and was going to drop.

You’re never out of it these days tho. You just can’t force it. Probably should try and go on a mixtape run...and drop a lot of tapes and content...instead of running with the traditional rollout and album ****. That was stale from the jump.

I blame Def Jam, and comfortability. Everybody ain’t meant to be a star tho.

Should just model and keep picking up movie/TV show roles. He has a little faN base. He just doesn’t have superstar potential in him.

Dave East in dat Lloyd Banks lane. At least Banks had a classic album though and Banks had bars. East can’t really rap. He just has a dope voice for an mc.

Back
Top Bottom