Why Is Dave East's musical career stuck?

You’re never out of it these days tho. You just can’t force it. Probably should try and go on a mixtape run...and drop a lot of tapes and content...instead of running with the traditional rollout and album ****. That was stale from the jump.

ive noticed people who choose da traditional album roll out either got a really shallow stash of rhymes they can't spare for mixtapes or already over that level of "proving themselves" and sit on da laurels of their rep...Dave East definitely not da latter.

Could’ve been in the meek lane....but he got stale and stopped making bangers. Type of time was a street/club banger. But The timing of it was off tho. Probably a lil bit too early before he had recognition, and was going to drop.

You’re never out of it these days tho. You just can’t force it. Probably should try and go on a mixtape run...and drop a lot of tapes and content...instead of running with the traditional rollout and album ****. That was stale from the jump.

I blame Def Jam, and comfortability. Everybody ain’t meant to be a star tho.

Dave could have never been Meek. He can't make songs like Meek. When did Dave ever make a banger cross over song? He has no I'm A Boss or Tupac Back.

Not sure if you listened to early Flamers days Meek, but they aren't anything alike. Meek was doing Rose Red back then.

The only similarity is they can get introspective, but Meek expresses despair better.

early on da difference between them was about stark as Ken & Ryu thou..

Fabolous just lucked out coming out 1st and having them party records.

Fab didn't luck up. That's him. Joe didn't want to do Fire, Focus or Pump It Up. He was miserable.

Fab didn't luck up. That's him. Joe didn't want to do Fire, Focus or Pump It Up. He was miserable

I think he's full of ish sayin that now...i remember that MTV show true life/dairy following him around leading up to da release of his debut album and he wanted to blow bad.

what probably made him miserable is da expectations and pressure to produce....but im sure if he became successful early on he would've loved it just da same.

It's like a few people already said. His sound isn't popular today. Then he chases the popular sound and it's wack.

His albums Hate Me Now and Kairi Chanel were dope. Should have stuck to that sound.

Paranoia 1 and 2 had some joints but that's when he started chasing.

Survival was okay. Too many skits and the album should have been cut in half.

dude is terrible and not memorable.

NO ONE is excited for dave east’s next project. dude is generic as rappers come.

He was more marketable to people outside of the NY area.

pump it up blew up everywhere.

Joe Budden didn't blow up album wise because he didn't put in enough work in da mixtapes so people didn't know who he was, that's why i think his 1st album flopped 1st week.

back then if marketing wasn't up to par then it was sink or swim album wise regardless of how good da single did

Fabolous had 3 years of building up via Monday Night Mixtape on Hot 97 w/ clue as well as constant Mixtape presence.

if Joe Budden had that amount of build up he would've popped.

def jam made him do this smh he was complaining about it in interviews lol. they need to give him a decent r&b joint since the bops already fw him

pump it up blew up everywhere.

Joe Budden didn't blow up album wise because he didn't put in enough work in da mixtapes so people didn't know who he was, that's why i think his 1st album flopped 1st week.

back then if marketing wasn't up to par then it was sink or swim album wise regardless of how good da single did

Fabolous had 3 years of building up via Monday Night Mixtape on Hot 97 w/ clue as well as constant Mixtape presence.

if Joe Budden had that amount of build up he would've popped.

His biggest hit was also on a soundtrack and out for months, that kinda hurt his album sales.

His biggest hit was also on a soundtrack and out for months, that kinda hurt his album sales.

people used to do that all da time to use as a Segway between albums prior to mixtapes (Jay-Z abused this lol)

I don't think think it hurt sales, but u definitely needed something to pop for da album..

people used to do that all da time to use as a Segway between albums prior to mixtapes (Jay-Z abused this lol)

I don't think think it hurt sales, but u definitely needed something to pop for da album..

I think it was 2 Fast 2 Furious and that was a big movie and soundtrack. Think it came out before Joe’s albums. I think that definitely hurt his album sales.

I don’t think any rapper that does Cocaine regularly is going to be able to elevate their career.

Fresh off the press.

How we feel about this? I like it.

this is smooth and hood. I been bumping this everyday. This is Dave East lane right there and he needs to stick to it. Could hear Nipsey on this too.

Thing with Dave East is the chicks love him just like they loved Fab but he’s tryna do that route of how Fab kinda did it but it’s a different time. You ain’t gotta be doing these records with Chris Brown etc to keep em. They gonna see you model and act anyways just stay true to the music and your good.

If he is gonna do some R&B Rap **** then just keep it street and thug luv They’ll still like that too. That “Perfect” song was corny and cookie cutter.

Rap in a weird place right now where you either was established before2016 or you fully on the side of some type of trap esque rap or boom bap non trap ****

East don’t really got an identity musically which has plagued most NY dudes with potential since 09

And he’s older so he can’t really do the kiddie **** but probably feels he’s past the Griselda type **** as a major Def Jam act + he can’t look like he copying them

if I was him I’d try to get French outta here by doing that Max B singy style but actually being a formidable traditional rapper. Him and Max actually had a joint I thought was gon do iight.

how the **** do biggavell be recording :lol:

Back
Top Bottom