Why Is Dave East's musical career stuck?

Disagree with cats saying he’s “average” or trash. He’s better than a lot of these mainstream rappers. I think his style of rap just ain’t what’s hot right now. He also ain’t the most charismatic person either so that doesn’t help.

Disagree with cats saying he’s “average” or trash. He’s better than a lot of these mainstream rappers. I think his style of rap just ain’t what’s hot right now. He also ain’t the most charismatic person either so that doesn’t help.

****s absurd, I just ignore them

I don’t know why he’s not more popular, I’m not really a fan. I do think the hype train took off a bit too early for him. He might be a victim of his own hype. I remember people were talking about him so much like he was going to be the next big artist out of NY. It didn’t really happen that way. But then you look at Griselda and all that they’ve done from a part of NY most people don’t associate with Hip Hop. But they have a sound, a certain vibe and a work ethic that has paid off huge for them.Hip Hop is more independent minded nowadays than in previous years. Maybe his problem is in work ethic.

i just read a comment on a dave east/vado vid that kiing shooter died. Man thats crazy. dude was like in his 20's

Now on the topic of Dave, he's had collab's with chris brown, trey songz for that mainstream appeal but i think he's just too lyrics for todays music. Maybe it's age as well. He's like what 30 something. Most of the popular rappers these days are in their 20's.

He has all the collabls with dipset, lox, wu tang, etc. He even has collabs with migos, gunna etc so i cant call it

Kairi Chanel shoulda been his debut album

Should of been & that's what people want. Dude sounded motivated and hungry on that. He basically rich now and living in Jersey. Aint nothing much else he got to prove unless he doing it for the homies at this point because he done lost a lot of em quickly and young too :smh:

He's swung and missed so many times, I doubt his heart is still in it.

He's probably turning in projects just to hear this isn't going to be a real album. Try again next time.

IMO Def Jam definitely was a mistake, and I'm wondering about Mass Appeal.

And did leaving Wayno help him, because it can be argued his profile is bigger than Dave's right now.

Knew Dave had maxed out when he couldn’t get singles with features from cats like CB and Gunna off the ground ...His best work comes when he’s storytelling and remixing songs as freestyles, yo ain’t getting any bigger from that

He's swung and missed so many times, I doubt his heart is still in it.

He's probably turning in projects just to hear this isn't going to be a real album. Try again next time.

IMO Def Jam definitely was a mistake, and I'm wondering about Mass Appeal.

And did leaving Wayno help him, because it can be argued his profile is bigger than Dave's right now.

that Wayno **** might of did him in as well.

I think the reality is New York fans don't like New York rappers. Being from the city, a lot of people tend to listen to whoever's trending. I blame our radio stations for that, because there isn't an incentive for appreciating homegrown talent. Dave East is the best example of this, because his sound is very eclectic, keeping it very Nu-NY on his tapes, but overall looking for radio play with very southern or West influenced music.

I still think he's a great artist and wouldn't dismiss him as trash. I just think he's trying to make it in an music culture and environment in NY that's fickle and toxic for keeping up appearances in the music industry. If he was from Upstate (i.e. Griselda, 38 and Eto), or from LA or Atlanta I think there's a respect for the essence for your music, and it would have pushed him harder to stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom