WHY IS GUCCI MAN HOT????

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

You are clearly an idiot, and you dont know *#!$ about hip-hop if you think Wu-Tang sholdnt be considered OGs of the genre.

There are A LOT of Idiots in here.

Exactly. Dudes can't find anything to say so they stick to that "but gucci was like how it was in the late 70's/early 80's" ....
indifferent.gif
Wudid more for hip hop's development with 36 Chambers than the entire state of Georgia's existence. *waits for outkast stans*

Originally Posted by R

You are clearly an idiot, and you dont know *#!$ about hip-hop if you think Wu-Tang sholdnt be considered OGs of the genre.

There are A LOT of Idiots in here.

Exactly. Dudes can't find anything to say so they stick to that "but gucci was like how it was in the late 70's/early 80's" ....
indifferent.gif
Wu did more for hip hop's development with 36 Chambers than the entire state of Georgia's existence. *waits for outkast stans*

Thats still a stupid statement example. Michael Jordan did more for the exposer, growth and development then any other player in the NBA...(not debatable it isa fact, ratings,sales,exposers etc...) But it would be foolish if some1 said name the og players of the NBA and u say MJ. He is a og of the NBA because he ismore popular,more renown, then jerry west. Og means originators, pioneers of something. Wu arent the ogs of rap. Were they instrumental in the shift/rise ofthe east coast. Yes. Are they a phenomenal crew yes(actually my favorite crew of all time), but to say wu is the og's of rap, is a disrespect to run dmc,to furious five, to sugar hill gang etc....

Wu ARE some of the OG's of rap. They weren't there to birth it, but rap is evolving. That's what a lot of y'all fail to understand. Rapwasn't suddenly born in the late 70's and that was that. Nah, rap's growth was an ongoing process and the music changed through the years. First itwas that block party tip but people like the Wu/Nas etc helped move it into being more MC-centered and serious. They are a big reason rap is what rap is today.Wu took something like the idea of having large crews (hilltop hustlers/juice crew) and made it tighter and more cohesive. You have to really be a moron to notsay 36 chambers helped pioneer the hardcore grimy 90's NYC/east coast style that resulted in the best hip hop albums of all-time coming out of that era. Ifyou played such a massive role in the development of hip hop in its baby years and literally completely changed the direction it was going in, causing it toreach its pinnacle, how the hell are you not an OG ? As far as I'm concerned almost all the golden-era artists are OG's.

This whole argument has nothing to do with Gucci though. At the end of the day he's still making clown music.

LDJ I'll say this once again... you are an idiot.

Wu-Tang ORIGINATED grimey hip-hop in NYC during the early 90's.

Which other group was as raw as wu-tang during that period of time? ( except NWA, because we're talking about here on the east coast ).

NOBODY was doing what Wu-Tang did, so that CLEARLY makes them OG's.
happy.gif

LDJ I'll say this once again... you are an idiot.

Which other group was as raw as wu-tang during that period of time? ( except NWA, because we're talking about here on the east coast ).

NOBODY was doing what Wu-Tang did, so that CLEARLY makes them OG's.
happy.gif

You just proved my point WU started a new form of hip hop. They didnt start hip hop. Thats like saying since toyota started the fuel efficent automobile theyare the originator of the car. By ur definintion, goodie mobb are og's of rap because they are the ogs a having dat dirty south old school soul music inthe south.

Again even if u use ur logic the title clearly says in huge bold letters people who rapped in the time frame that kurtis blow, sugar hill gang, furious 5rapped. So at the end of the day u still sound stupid. Cause if u know anything bout rap music the Wu did not rap come out the same time frame as they did.

Show me a wu album that came ou the same time frame as when the fat boys came out, when kool herc came out?

You just proved my point WU started a new form of hip hop. They didnt start hip hop.

SO STARTING A NEW FORM OF HIP-HOP DOESNT INCLUDE YOU YOU THE OG's?????

/thread.

and your analogies are terrible
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by R

Wu ARE some of the OG's of rap. They weren't there to birth it, but rap is evolving. That's what a lot of y'all fail to understand. Rap wasn't suddenly born in the late 70's and that was that. Nah, rap's growth was an ongoing process and the music changed through the years. First it was that block party tip but people like the Wu/Nas etc helped move it into being more MC-centered and serious. They are a big reason rap is what rap is today. Wu took something like the idea of having large crews (hilltop hustlers/juice crew) and made it tighter and more cohesive. You have to really be a moron to not say 36 chambers helped pioneer the hardcore grimy 90's NYC/east coast style that resulted in the best hip hop albums of all-time coming out of that era. If you played such a massive I I challenge u on that, Post some bars from the og's of rap like furious 5, kurtis blow, grandmaster flash. And ill post some from like young jeezy, lil wayne, rick ross etc. No way in hell the lyrics of the ogs will have more content, more depth, better overall rhyme schemes, and better overall lyrics

Then u responded with the wu tang clan and people responded with az and nas. i aint saying none of those artist are dope. But it says grandmaster flash, kurtisblow. Thats like me asking who are your favorite bball players from the 70's and u say Michael Jordan is the best NBA player of all time. Ok that is truebut what da f&^k does that have 2 do with what i asked. I said name players from the 70's, not whose your favorite player.

If Wu-Tang STARTED grimey hip-hop... then they had to be followed by other groups / artists.

Such as Mobb Deep.
happy.gif

ANOTHER valid point on why Wu-Tang are considered OG's.
happy.gif

You just proved my point WU started a new form of hip hop. They didnt start hip hop.

SO STARTING A NEW FORM OF HIP-HOP DOESNT INCLUDE YOU YOU THE OG's?????

/thread.

and your analogies are terrible
laugh.gif

No it doesnt, changing something that already in existing doesnt mean u created it. So the person who came up with color tv is the originator of the tv. Iclearly see u dont know wat origin means.

Originator= the first to put in existience, the creator, the birth of something.

Wu didnt birth or create hip hop what they did is contribute and add a new element to hip hop. Not the same..

And again the question still said post bars from rappers in the time frame which sugar hill, kurtis blow rapped in. Wu did not rap in the time frame. So againi ask !%% are u talking bout.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by cartune

You so called elitist have no idea Hip Hop started decades before Illmatic came out. Because if you REALLY wanna take it there Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are more hip hop than Nas is
2rmuzcn.jpg

laugh.gif
funniest thing in thisthread....executed perfectly.

and the rest of you are corny as hell posting verses back and forth.

You keep talkin about howthey aren't the Originators of Hip-Hop, but they ARE the originators of grimey hip-hop.

You aren't making sense sonny.
laugh.gif

R wrote:

Why would I post bars from them ? Hip hop has progressed since then. That's why the Wu are OG's. They are a reason for that progression.

You tryna compare Gucci to how hip hop was 30 years ago before it's prime ? I already did that on the last page. 2 Live Crew > Gucci.

Gucci = clown music. No progression, and nothing to be taken seriously.

Why would I post bars from them ?

because the question was gucci is making the same style of music as the fat boys etc made. i dont know how wu even correlates with that.and btw 2 live crewwasnt 30 yrs ago.

Hip hop has progressed since then. That's why the Wu are OG's. They are a reason for that progression.

All that is true but it has nuttin 2 do with the question asked. No one said wu didnt progress rap and evolved the music. So what does that have 2 do with thequestion. i asked a specific question then u went all fanboy about how great the wu is(which i agreed with u on) So i dont even see what ur arguement is. Iasked a simple question u tried 2 validate a response, by answering with something unrelated to the question asked.

Again some1 said kurtis blow, fat boyz,furious 5, etc did what folks like gucci, jeezy, lil wayne did and had better flow, better beats then they did. How wucomes in 2 play im still trying 2 figure out.

Well you can go back and look at the edit.

and again, Gucci making the type of music back before hip hop reached it's peak means nothing. No one is denying that. That's why I said he is a wackversion of the 2 Live Crew. Him making that type of music doesn't excuse him from being trash.

You keep talkin about howthey aren't the Originators of Hip-Hop, but they ARE the originators of grimey hip-hop.

You aren't making sense sonny.
laugh.gif

Cause they arent they are the og's of a certain style,genre of hip hop. But they are not the ogs of rap period. Twista is like on of the og's of thatrapid fire rap, but he isnt a og of the rap game, just a og of a new form of something that already exist. I mean i get it yall love some wu(a lil 2 much if uask me) But hell u can ask wu who are some of the pioneers of rap, please belive they arent gonna say themselves, NaS, Az, big pun. lol.

Who in the hell would label THEMSELVES as being a pioneer of rap back in the 90's?

You have to put more thought into your analogies.

Originally Posted by R

Well you can go back and look at the edit.

and again, Gucci making the type of music back before hip hop reached it's peak means nothing. No one is denying that. That's why I said he is a wack version of the 2 Live Crew. Him making that type of music doesn't excuse him from being trash.

Ok thats why i said post bars of these artist and songs and we can compare, then some dudes post az lines, nas lines, rae lyrics. What does wu nas and az have2 do with kurtis blow and grandmaster flash. Thats like me saying lets compare different rnb artist and some1 post michael jackson and says musiq soulchild hasnuttin on him. and michael jackson is the king of pop All true but it has nuttin 2 do with what i asked. I specifically name certain artist and compare therebodies of work. Then dudes start posted artist that had nuttin to do with the 2.

If i say lets compare kobe to lebron, what does michael jordan having 6 rings do with the question asked. What does larry bird being the best 3 point shooterhave 2 do with comparing lebron to kobe. It wasnt an open ended question up for interpretation. It was a specific question.

At least i can say u understood somewhat what the question was, all im saying is lets post some of those sugar hill gang bars, some kurtis blow, some fat boys,some kid and play, and ill post some gucci, some jeezy, some rick ross and see who had better flow better lyricism, better production.

Who in the hell would label THEMSELVES as being a pioneer of rap back in the 90's?

You have to put more thought into your analogies.

You have made true statements about nas, wu etc. But what does any of those artist have 2 do with the comparison of party music etc of the 70's 80'sand party club music of the present? Wu arent even those type of artist by ur on admission. So why are they even mentioned? Is wu better rappers then guccimane yesssssssssssssss. no1 here made a statement that they werent, so why are u trying 2 prove they are?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Big Dreams...you sir are an idiot. Did Bill Walsh create football?
No he didn't. And Wu-Tang didn't create hip-hop.

They created GRIMEY hip-hop.

I'm just gonna stop responding you you @$%+%#+ dudes.
laugh.gif
... Obviouslyyou idiots don't know WHAT the hell you talkin about.
laugh.gif

i dont get what the hell he is talking about either, the question at hand was the comparision of party club rap music from the 70's 80's to the clubparty music of 2day. I still dont see how wu, NaS, Az, big l have 2 do with that question. I said lets compare kurtis blow to jeezy, then dude post wu tanglyrics. Like um ok yes they are hot lyrics, but what does that have 2 do with the question asked.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
... Obviously you idiots don't know WHAT the hell you talkin about.
laugh.gif
And he created the west coast offense. But making a sector of something that already exists doesn't make you an OG dummy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And he created the west coast offense. But making a sector of something that already exists doesn't make you an OG dummy
You are a clown
laugh.gif

If you originate something... how in the #%$* aren't you considered to be an ORIGINATOR???
if you
CREATE something, youare the originator, imbecile
laugh.gif

and Wu-Tang being the CREATORS of grimey hip-hop...which means they are OG's...STOOPID

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You are a clown
laugh.gif

If you originate something... how in the #%$* aren't you considered to be an ORIGINATOR???
if you
CREATE something, you are the originator, imbecile
laugh.gif

and Wu-Tang being the CREATORS of grimey hip-hop...which means they are OG's...STOOPID

We're talking Hip Hop as a whole not a branch. Are you saying Jeezy and T.I. are OGs? They started Trap Music. What about D4L and Franchise they ORIGINATEDSnap Music. O So the New Boys are OGS they Originated the Jerk *@!!.

HIP HOPS Pioneers were about dancing and club oriented music WHO THE *%@$ DOES THAT SOUND LIKE NAS OR SOULJA BOY?

Back
Top Bottom