WHY IS GUCCI MAN HOT????

Originally Posted by LDJ

WOW one track lol, and i know what u gonna say they had several, but how many got play? how many are known. All im saying is if souljah boy looks like a clown. How does a dude with a velour suit some big a&^ cazell sunglasses, and a furry fishermans hat made of fur from the finest ferret a#$ not look stupid. So kid and play dont look stupid lol !%!! here.

Ok u post a kid n play/fat boys track, with lyrics, and ill post lil wayne(since yall say he is garbage)� and ill post some slim thug lyrics. You give me a run dmc track, ill post a outkast track, i promise u it will eat a can of tamales and beans, drink a gallon of prune juice, chase it with a laxative, and take a serious s*&t on them in any format u wanna judge on.

You jumping to wild conclusion talking about Wayne and fashion.

I don't even know how you got to this point
laugh.gif

I made no mention of clothing and I listen to Weezy, TIP and Kast.

Why are y'all even talking about the formative years of Hip-Hop as a justification for wackness?

They used to play basketball with peach buckets...

dunk_a_basketball.jpg

By that logic, shorty is a better baller than LeBron...
laugh.gif

ghetto_big.jpg

R wrote:
Since you tryna compare Gucci to the old school rappers, why go the North East ? Let's look at one of the few Southern OG crews that gets respect amongst real heads...

Gucci and the rest of the clowns are basically doing the same thing, except worse, in 2009.

You know your region is pathetic when you give props to your new "rappers" for doing WORSE imitations of crews that came out 20-30 years earlier. Where's the progression ? The reason we have a GOLDEN ERA is because the music evolved BEYOND this and became what "hip hop" is when we talk about the G Raps, and the Nas's. On a side note, if you ever wanna get Southern "rap" fans into a heated argument, just bring up Nas's name. Something about that dude just gets them mad, probably because he encompasses everything they, as a whole region, are pretty much unable to ever accomplish
laugh.gif

The South is so much of a joke in the hip hop world that the few legends they do have (which I can count on one hand) such as Scarface and T-Boy get overshadowed by this trash. I seriously think it might be something in the water down there that stunts these dudes beyond doing anything more serious than bounce bop music.

Thats not true when they had the jack the rapper convention in atl waaay back in the day biggie got just as much love as luke did, NaS got love as well,�itjust not just the south, but everywhere ppl aint feeling vinnie paz, etc. So what da f*&k u talking bout. NBA allstar game em was suppose to come to downto atl and do a concert, the +%% sold out in a matter of moments, so dont say ppl dont wanna hear/like lyrics. When im back in philly i seen freeway get nolove and t.i.p sell out the show.

So i really dont see what point u making. If people are all about not liking cats with lyrics, explain how NaS can sell out a arena in miami, but styles pcant. Are you saying styles is wack weak? It could be that one makes music ppl wanna hear, and the other n*&^a dont. It deff aint hate on the style ofmusic. Ur theory or uneducated ASSumptions make no sense. When Jada can rock a show in houston get love, and lil flipped get booed, and bottles get thrown athim

That's the thing. You said Gucci was MORE hip hop than Nas..... just because he's still doing the same block party music as it was 30 years ago withthe 2 Live Crew down there or the Mercedes Ladies up here.

jrd6aw.jpg

Nas is one of the names that comes up as being a part of the pinnacle of the golden-era... the best years in hip hop's history. He was part of the group ofrappers that took hip hop beyond "throw ya hands up" to being a real powerful and deep form of spreading ideas/self-expression.

Gucci on the other hand is just a bad imitation of the 2-live crew. He entertains, no doubt, but he's contributed nothing serious. He's a clown, havingfun and getting rich, that's all. To say he's more hip hop than a man who helped take the genre to new heights is just stupid, period.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by LDJ

Why are ppl tryin 2 get efame by posting idiotic threads that are based off a thread some1 else posted ie(why do ppl like waka,y do ppl like oj a juiceman.) Why do lames feel like they will get brownie/cool points by being different and hating on another mans success.

Exactly. like i said in another thread it's the elitism...

Hip Hop fell off when calling a spade a spade became viewed as lame.

LDJ wrote:
HueyP in LouieV wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

He is by yall definition. Hip hop wasnt about lyrics(aka mc stands for master of ceremony) Aint no way in hell u gonna tell me furious 5 was mc shy d or the fat boys or roxanne did, that has better lyrics then bun b, or t.i. Rap was about partying, having a good time, Being live festive. Aint s*&t on mood muzik, mf doomsday, etc thats live upbeat party all the time.

Also to the people who say they are a ministrel show. So souljah boy with painted suglesses looks ignorant. But a crackhead skinny black dude with every tooth in his mouth gold, with a fat a$% big ben clock around his neck looks dignified and is a positive outlook for african americans lol
roll.gif
. Yall sounds qwaaaaaaaaaaazy. How does a dude look ****ish with a mohawk, yet a dude with a box as tall as the empire state building with a design of the eiffle tower, looks dignified.

So yall really gonna tell me girls with they a#$ hanging half way out looks ghetto trashy, but a chick with kool-aid dyed hair, big a$% gypsy hoop earings and nails so long they curl in they hands, walking around with a picture of a naked smurfet airbrushed on a pager(yet didnt have a working phone to call them back on) aint ignorant.

I don't even know what you talking about with this one.

People been calling Flav a minstrel for some time now.

[h3]Minstrel Show Flava Flav: A ****ing Disgrace to the Black Race[/h3]
Written by SOHH Reckless

Posted on May 23, 2008 7:09 AM

Furious 5 was all about partying and being festive?...What you talking about B? For real.....

WOW one track lol, and i know what u gonna say they had several, but how many got play? how many are known. All im saying is if souljah boy looks like a clown. How does a dude with a velour suit some big a&^ cazell sunglasses, and a furry fishermans hat made of fur from the finest ferret a#$ not look stupid. So kid and play dont look stupid lol !%!! here.

THOUGHT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF MUSIC NOT STYLES,BUT IF YOU WANNA GO THERE LETS START WITH GUCCI JEWELRY.
laugh.gif

��

HueyP in LouieV wrote:
LDJ wrote:

Ok u post a kid n play/fat boys track, with lyrics, and ill post lil wayne(since yall say he is garbage)� and ill post some slim thug lyrics. You give me a run dmc track, ill post a outkast track, i promise u it will eat a can of tamales and beans, drink a gallon of prune juice, chase it with a laxative, and take a serious s*&t on them in any format u wanna judge on.

You jumping to wild conclusion talking about Wayne and fashion.

I don't even know how you got to this point
laugh.gif

Why are y'all even talking about the formative years of Hip-Hop as a justification for wackness?

They used to play basketball with peach buckets...

dunk_a_basketball.jpg

By that logic, shorty is a better baller than LeBron...
laugh.gif

ghetto_big.jpg

I never said u but there were ppl sayin gucci, souljah boy etc r minisrel shows and dont show black ppl in a dignified way. my rebuttal was neither doesghostface with a brass dodo bird on his wrist or a cracckhead housecoat, neither does kwame with oversized rayon polka dot shirts, nutt huggin stonewash jeanswith rips, a upside down sunvisor, and a florescent fanny pack.

Originally Posted by R

That's the thing. You said Gucci was MORE hip hop than Nas..... just because he's still doing the same block party music as it was 30 years ago with the 2 Live Crew down there or the Mercedes Ladies up here.

jrd6aw.jpg

Nas is one of the names that comes up as being a part of the pinnacle of the golden-era... the best years in hip hop's history. He was part of the group of rappers that took hip hop beyond "throw ya hands up" to being a real powerful and deep form of spreading ideas/self-expression.

Gucci on the other hand is just a bad imitation of the 2-live crew. He entertains, no doubt, but he's contributed nothing serious. He's a clown, having fun and getting rich, that's all. To say he's more hip hop than a man who helped take the genre to new heights is just stupid, period.

Ok I never nore would I ever say that Nas is comparable to Gucci Mane or Soulja Boy. My point and Im sure you understand it but you keep dodging it is Givingthe choices Soulja Boy or Nas who is making the same type of music that was going on when Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flas, Bambata and dare I even include theSugar Hill Gang were around during the beginning of hip hop in the 70s? No disrespect to them dudes because I know they would rather be compared to nas thanSoulja Boy but they werent making his type of music

And no doubt they had other type of records Flash and the 5 had the message and other records like that but thats not how they started. My point is how peoplealways talking about these dudes ruining hip hop or they'e not hip hop but actually Pop Champagne, Swag On, Wasted are all about having fun andbragadocious lyrics similar to the essence of hip hop.

Also understand that there is some absolute garbage out there but that stuff doesnt last long. Yea Gucci to you might seem horrible or a flash in the pan. Buthis music is literally undeniable in certain venues. Thats why you got dudes that hated him but now they like "man i aint saying he nas or jay but healrite" Why you comparing dude to anyone? Soulja Boy as well you cant tell me turn my swag on didnt have you boppin yo head a lil thats all hip hop too.That Im a Jerk I hated it at first but you get a different energy when in a club setting. Its all hip hop.

LDJ wrote:

I never said u but there were ppl sayin gucci, souljah boy etc r minisrel shows and dont show black ppl in a dignified way. my rebuttal was neither does ghostface with a brass dodo bird on his wrist or a cracckhead housecoat, neither does kwame with oversized rayon polka dot shirts, nutt huggin stonewash jeans with rips, a upside down sunvisor, and a florescent fanny pack.

A person isn't labeled as a minstrel based off of their clothing, rather their content and character on the public stage.

No one specifically called Soulja Boy a minstrel.

Originally Posted by yung718

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by cartune

You so called elitist have no idea Hip Hop started decades before Illmatic came out. Because if you REALLY wanna take it there Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are more hip hop than Nas is
2rmuzcn.jpg

I challenge u on that, Post some bars from the og's of rap like furious 5, kurtis blow, grandmaster flash. And ill post some from like young jeezy, lil wayne, rick ross etc. No way in hell the lyrics of the ogs will have more content, more depth, better overall rhyme schemes, and better overall lyrics.
14126953852ea4877f21b883b84ec23820d74d28.gif
I HAD ENOUGH

Raekwon: Verbal Intercourse:
Verse One: Nas

Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets
Live on the run, police paying me to give in my gun
Trick my Wisdom, with the system that imprisoned my son
Smoke a gold leaf I hold heat, nonchalantly
I'm grungy, but things I do is real it never haunts me
while, funny style $@$+*% roll in the pile
Rooster heads profile on a bus to Riker's Isle
Holdin weed inside they #*%#% with they minds on the
pretty things in life, props is a true thug's wife
It's like a cycle, $@$+*% come home, some'll go in
Do a bullet, come back, do the same *@!* again
From the womb to the tomb, presume the unpredictable
Guns salute life, rapidly, that's the ritual

Verse Two: Raekwon the Chef

Perhaps bullets bust $@$+*% discuss mad money
True lies and white guys, we can see it through the eyes
Catch the most on tape, kilos disintegrate
Pyrex pots, we break, fiends lickin plates
In the building $@$+*% building, like little children starin
Them older $@$+*% aint carin
Sirens circlin fiends are lurkin in your baggage
oh, one's gone now, what, smack him in his cabbage
In the woodwork, crack cells bubble like Woolworth's
in the projects, richest $@$+*% rockin all the real worth
Police questioning, rooftop cats invested in
Tradin in they Lexus' GS's sendin messages
Two and two makes four, Cristal's crazily pour
Gun wars my crew phantom like swords

Verse Three: Ghostface Killer

With the green leathers, hunded pound snakes and cakes
Fiends found in lakes, jeolously Jakes we shake
What I strive for is what I live for
Infatuated by material things, and it's wild like for war
like somewhere over the rainbow, I see a big pot of gold
Future stacks yo I hold
Thousands of cracks bagged up inside the shoebox
Don't keep jack in my lap, don't wanna see Tupac
Got two spots, a new lot, flooded with rocks
Shoot-outs making me hot, crooked cops Bad Tony and the ball drop
In the Now, I'm bangin $@$+*% for slide time
Hurry up Duke I'm next, show em mine
And what the $$%# is you looking at?
By the way young blood, hit me off with that Green Bay hat
Watch your back inside the hall, new $@$+*% slide through
like doors yo, you're starin in the mess hall
Your adrenaline runs, cigarette #$@%++ be swindlin
New jacks surrenderin, come home not rememberin
Made bail with different size kicks on, a white dress shirt
Lookin gay in the yard, and you got hurt
Flashbacks, of the day room, mop ringer style
Your $**$%@ #%* got bashed tryin to turn the dial
You told your boo you was whylin
Once you heard Wu, out of the blue, your family's from Shaolin
High class cooks, throw on vestes out of phone books
Infirmary #$@%++ are screaming, "I got drugs!"
Sharpen toothbrushes 190 mixed with baby oil and *@!*
Your man's in the kitchen stashing ice picks
Well I'ma end this with a big red cherry on top
Me, Nas and Rae got the best product on the block

Nas: Life's a #*!+$:

[Verse One: AZ the Visualiza]
Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
%%%# who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters
But somethin must of got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some, restin in peace and some are sittin in San Quentin
Others such as myself are tryin to carry on tradition
Keepin the schwepervesence street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
but as long as we leavin thievin we'll be leavin with some kind of dough
so, and to that day we expire and turn to vapors
me and my capers-ll be somewhere stackin plenty papers
Keepin it real, packin steel, gettin high
Cause life's a #*!+$ and then you die

[Chorus: AZ the Visualiza]
Life's a #*!+$ and then you die; that's why we get high
Cause you never know when you're gonna go
Life's a #*!+$ and then you die; that's why we puff lye
Life's a #*!+$ and then you die; that's why we get high
Life's a #*!+$ and then you die; that's why we puff lye
[--> chorus #1 echoes at the end]

Life's a #*!+$ and then you die
[--> chorus #2 includes these lines, echoes at the end]

[Verse Two: Nas]
I woke up early on my born day, I'm twenty years of blessing
The essence of adolescent leaves my body now I'm fresh in
My physical frame is celebrated cause I made it
One quarter through life some God-ly like thing created
Got rhymes 365 days annual plus some
Load up the mic and bust one, cuss while I puffs from
my skull cause it's pain in my brain vein money maintain
Don't go against the grain simple and plain
When I was young at this I used to do my thing hard
Robbin foreigners take they wallets they jewels and rip they green cards
Dipped to the projects flashin my quick cash
and got my first piece of %#! smokin blunts with hash
Now it's all about cash in abundance, @*+*+* I used to run with
is rich or doin years in the hundreds
I switched my motto -- instead of sayin %%%# tomorrow
That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto
Once I stood on the block, loose cracks produce stacks
I cooked up and cut small pieces to get my loot back
Time is Illmatic keep static like wool fabric
Pack a four-matic that crack your whole cabbage

laugh.gif

Oh damn cartune y did u post that its now clear as day that even the cats from back in the day had this superb. superior lyrical prowlness. No way could 8ballmjg even step close to somethin as deep as this...

Well, a dang diggy, won't you get jiggy
With the mad scientist Mr. Doolittle
If this here's the party we're the VIP
To the left, right, or any side of me

Just do it till your satisfied, ain't no difference
G-style party crowd is all upliftin'
Fingers poppin', people lockin'
(Woo-hah) You know Sugarhill ain't stoppin'
So children keep screamin' and dreamin'
How you think we got the spotlight beamin'
On stage while I-Roc rhyme
All about the nation, primetime but you got to find
Solutions to work around the Constitution
And get up off that thang and keep movin', uh
Get caught up in the 9 to 5
But for now party over here, gotta try

vs

You wouldn't understand, if you stood under it (ooh),
it's like the more that I talk to you tha dumber that I get,
the closer that I walk to you, the further that we stand,
apart distance, nobody has the upper hand but my bodies resistance,
so now, throw your filangies in tha ground,
I'm still abound, un-believers stay from hell around
I found negatives @+@!@$ they only keep ya down,
transmitting from Native American burial grounds
I carry around, the weight of all worlds on my shoulderpads
um post ta blast space invaders up somebodys !#%.....
Serious as A-B-C, if knowledge be the key then
see you posted on the porch, and wait for ya momma to get off work
So she can roast yo !#%, either that or finda open window fast

Gotdamn light yrs ahead in lyrics. Boy them sugerhill n*&#s was beast with the lyrics

AZ: Mo Money, Mo Murder:

[Nas]
Yo, in a mahogany, black scenery
that was lightning and rain drops
I'm tied up in the basement cocaine spot like Bangkok
I'm blindfold, Vietnam type mind control this torture
His accent sounds like the rarest culture
Askin me, my atrophy stabbin me gradually
Says his attribute, was satanic, masonic, ironic
I felt reminded of my fast life ventures
and winters, blinded til the flashlight enters

[AZ]
Yo Dunm, before the sun set
Call connect get all the tech's
I'm vexed, this *%%!% stall for sex
Lost respect, let's off his neck
My calibre, got me thinkin on a higher algebra
See me I'm just as foul as ya
but you ain't got no style in ya
I'm into bigger cheddar, G's and better, Armarett-ah's
Armani sweaters, plus these crabs could never dead us

Chorus: AZ (repeat 2X)

Mo money, mo murder, mo homicide
You catch that body *%%!%, better have that alibi
You never know it might just be yo' time you take yo' ride
to them pearly white gates, (now) watch that suicide

[AZ]
Now government official
Got you sippin Cristal in crystal
You fish you foul so you fell and took your fam witchu
I'm out to get you, guaranteed every shell'll hit you
Plus I'm on some **$* too
Layin down whose-ever witchu
Mafioso, the New York City 90's era Sosa
AZ, you know my culture
Now my wolves is out to ghost ya

[Nas]
Scent of a rose on the graveyard for real now
The stakes is up a half a mil now
I tried to grab him with his shield down
Four walked in, they're crazy paid up
Sharp but straight up
Gators from Barbados, never seen nobody play those
Lay-Low's what they called him, his head baldin
Sippin cappucino, spilled on his silk suits, was scaldin
Laugh was vulgar, canvas paintings of the Isatollah
And on his arm he wore a priceless vulture
Tobacco pipe smoker, Escobar your life is over
Justify the righteous nova
Bullets flew out his right shoulder
Corpse leavin a foul odor, The Firm Volume 1 adjourned
Bring it to a closure

Chorus

[Nas]
So now you're rollin wit us,
like co-defendents, no phony business
So know the difference - from supreme solo
it's the styles ancient as Moses scriptures
It's Latin Kings, Black Kufis, and White Jesters
amongst us
Crime invades the minds of youngsters
Where it's pitch black they can't see you
Godfather 3, fallin for dead, in a cathedral

[AZ]
Now you're forced to listen
I got the mind of a grad from Princeton
Play your position, or soon you'll be lost and missin
It's far from fiction
My presence is like that of a christian
With ammunition puttin states under submission
Street addiction, got me tied in thorough with buroughs
Still in the ghetto, but in the cut where it's mellow
Incognito, on the lee-low, like Carlito
Cause we know, %+$%*@ don't really want us to see doe
You never know it might just be yo' time you take yo' ride
to them pearly white gates, watch that suicide

Chorus 2X

[Nas]
Homicide, mo homicide
Mo suicide, mo homicide..

{*music fades*}
{*untitled 1:18 length song starts*}

Born alone, die alone.. {repeat 4X}

[AZ]
All alone in this wilderness
Who can figure life as ill as this?
My vision's blurred from guerilla's mist
Gun sprays, trey's left a portion of my crew in graves
%+$%*@ that would screw in ways unknown to these dudes today
Intelligence, kept us all away from state evidence
cause it's evident, this world is controlled on dead presidents
Never hesitant, I'm soulless, filled with coldness
Born to uphold this til I'm left dead from oldness

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by yung718

Originally Posted by LDJ

You so called elitist have no idea Hip Hop started decades before Illmatic came out. Because if you REALLY wanna take it there Gucci Mane and Soulja Boy are more hip hop than Nas is
2rmuzcn.jpg

I challenge u on that, Post some bars from the og's of rap like furious 5, kurtis blow, grandmaster flash. And ill post some from like young jeezy, lil wayne, rick ross etc. No way in hell the lyrics of the ogs will have more content, more depth, better overall rhyme schemes, and better overall lyrics.
14126953852ea4877f21b883b84ec23820d74d28.gif
I HAD ENOUGH

Raekwon: Verbal Intercourse:
Verse One: Nas

Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
to conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets
Live on the run, police paying me to give in my gun
Trick my Wisdom, with the system that imprisoned my son
Smoke a gold leaf I hold heat, nonchalantly
I'm grungy, but things I do is real it never haunts me
while, funny style $@$+*% roll in the pile
Rooster heads profile on a bus to Riker's Isle
Holdin weed inside they #*%#% with they minds on the
pretty things in life, props is a true thug's wife
It's like a cycle, $@$+*% come home, some'll go in
Do a bullet, come back, do the same *@!* again
From the womb to the tomb, presume the unpredictable
Guns salute life, rapidly, that's the ritual

Verse Two: Raekwon the Chef

Perhaps bullets bust $@$+*% discuss mad money
True lies and white guys, we can see it through the eyes
Catch the most on tape, kilos disintegrate
Pyrex pots, we break, fiends lickin plates
In the building $@$+*% building, like little children starin
Them older $@$+*% aint carin
Sirens circlin fiends are lurkin in your baggage
oh, one's gone now, what, smack him in his cabbage
In the woodwork, crack cells bubble like Woolworth's
in the projects, richest $@$+*% rockin all the real worth
Police questioning, rooftop cats invested in
Tradin in they Lexus' GS's sendin messages
Two and two makes four, Cristal's crazily pour
Gun wars my crew phantom like swords

Verse Three: Ghostface Killer

With the green leathers, hunded pound snakes and cakes
Fiends found in lakes, jeolously Jakes we shake
What I strive for is what I live for
Infatuated by material things, and it's wild like for war
like somewhere over the rainbow, I see a big pot of gold
Future stacks yo I hold
Thousands of cracks bagged up inside the shoebox
Don't keep jack in my lap, don't wanna see Tupac
Got two spots, a new lot, flooded with rocks
Shoot-outs making me hot, crooked cops Bad Tony and the ball drop
In the Now, I'm bangin $@$+*% for slide time
Hurry up Duke I'm next, show em mine
And what the $$%# is you looking at?
By the way young blood, hit me off with that Green Bay hat
Watch your back inside the hall, new $@$+*% slide through
like doors yo, you're starin in the mess hall
Your adrenaline runs, cigarette #$@%++ be swindlin
New jacks surrenderin, come home not rememberin
Made bail with different size kicks on, a white dress shirt
Lookin gay in the yard, and you got hurt
Flashbacks, of the day room, mop ringer style
Your $**$%@ #%* got bashed tryin to turn the dial
You told your boo you was whylin
Once you heard Wu, out of the blue, your family's from Shaolin
High class cooks, throw on vestes out of phone books
Infirmary #$@%++ are screaming, "I got drugs!"
Sharpen toothbrushes 190 mixed with baby oil and *@!*
Your man's in the kitchen stashing ice picks
Well I'ma end this with a big red cherry on top
Me, Nas and Rae got the best product on the block

Um i know the song(btw its one of my favs) but if u think the wu and nas are the ogs of rap imma need u to get in the marty mcflymobile and go back a fewgenerations. Yall said back to the og days, and mid late 90's arent the og days of rap.

LDJ wrote:

I never said u but there were ppl sayin gucci, souljah boy etc r minisrel shows and dont show black ppl in a dignified way. my rebuttal was neither does ghostface with a brass dodo bird on his wrist or a cracckhead housecoat, neither does kwame with oversized rayon polka dot shirts, nutt huggin stonewash jeans with rips, a upside down sunvisor, and a florescent fanny pack.
A person isn't labeled as a minstrel based off of their clothing, rather their content and character on the public stage.

No one specifically called Soulja Boy a minstrel.

Thats a lie based on how he looks dress etc same for gucci if u never heard of them and they was about 2 rap and its ur 1st time hearing them, uwould have a preconcived notion he was wack b4 he even open his mouth. Cmon now u no good and well ppl think this way. And some1 was saying he 2 old(gucci thatis) to rap dress like he does, he is basically a grown a@# version of souljah boy, and look like clown dancing around on stage etc. all i was saying is so didthe grown a$^ men in the 80's who were spinning on there heads, doing the worm snake on a piece of cardboard out in the park to some people.

rsdplaya wrote:
oh you tryin to go wayyyyyy back with it...ight bet...

Um lol reading is FUNdemental, in bold huge a#$ letters it says the days of grandmaster flash, kool herc, kurtis blow, how could any1 who supposibly true fansof hip hop could think, oh based on that time line he must be talking about the glory days of the wu tang clan or nas and az. lol

Just f*&kin wit ya but what my man cartune is saying is what folks like gucci... etc are doing are a modern day version of what those cats are doing.Rapping about chanpagne=rappin about moet, rapping about caddies and white walls=rappin about hummers on 22's, rappin about whats in my boombox=rappinabout my ipod.

You are clearly an idiot, and you dont know *#!$ about hip-hop if you think Wu-Tang sholdnt be considered OGs of the genre.

There are A LOT of Idiots in here.

Originally Posted by Big Dreams

You are clearly an idiot, and you dont know *#!$ about hip-hop if you think Wu-Tang sholdnt be considered OGs of the genre.

There are A LOT of Idiots in here.

How the hell u gonna be a originator of somethin that came out damn near 20 yrs b4 u did it, let me guess so christopher columbus is the original person whodiscovered america, and um honda is the og car maker... original means pioneers. not some1 who yrs later improved on somethin some1 has already done. Damn whatthe f*&k has happen 2 our education. Even if for some stupid a%* reason a person could see the HUGE A%^ LETTERS THAT SAID FURIOUSFIVE,GRANDMASTER FLASH, KURTIS BLOW.how could u not see that, or see that and say those rappers and az nas rapped in the same time frame,so late 70's and 90's is in the same decade now. Damn i want my tax dollars back. we need to put a limit or outlaw some women from bearingchildren.

nas, jay, rakim, rae, ghost are definitely better than gucci and "more hip hop". but who gives a @#$%
grin.gif
im gonna be listening to them 20 years from now and gucci for prolly howeverlong till i get tired of him, but let me enjoy my ignorant @#$% right now. by the way yall act as if Dr Dre and NWA dont have ignorant @#$ songs as well, yettheyre hip hop legends. its just ENTERTAINMENT.

i dont know if the comparison works, but making movies is an art form right? you have the classic movies that you can always watch, then the no-brainer yetentertaining films as well...

Originally Posted by LDJ

rsdplaya wrote:

Um lol reading is FUNdemental, in bold huge a#$ letters it says the days of grandmaster flash, kool herc, kurtis blow, how could any1 who supposibly true fans of hip hop could think, oh based on that time line he must be talking about the glory days of the wu tang clan or nas and az. lol

laugh.gif
yea thats whats wrong with alot of yall in this threadyou're clearly not reading.

Originally Posted by LDJ

rsdplaya wrote:

Um lol reading is FUNdemental, in bold huge a#$ letters it says the days of grandmaster flash, kool herc, kurtis blow, how could any1 who supposibly true fans of hip hop could think, oh based on that time line he must be talking about the glory days of the wu tang clan or nas and az. lol
laugh.gif
yea thats whats wrong with alot of yall in this thread you're clearly not reading.

smh.gif
the fact is, we can go back 10 years, 20 years, hell, even last year...no matter where we go, we'll find $+%% that's better than gucci mane. hisflow is terrible imo.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by LDJ

rsdplaya wrote:

laugh.gif
yea thats whats wrong with alot of yall in this thread you're clearly not reading.

smh.gif
the fact is, we can go back 10 years, 20 years, hell, even last year...no matter where we go, we'll find $+%% that's better than gucci mane. his flow is terrible imo.
I feel ya and respect ppl opinions, but fact remains vast majority of people like and enjoy a track like wasted over a track like we playingbasketball. If you do its cool. My point is saying people are dumb stupid for listening to gucci, and artist like him are ruining music is false. Its just agenerational difference. The same artist yall bigup thoought were cool/hot. Generations before said the same things you guys are saying about oj,plies,wakaetc. People was saying about kid n play fat boys so on and so on.

If u young like 20's early 30's i dont expect u 2 understand, cause when those og's where in their prime most of yall where still wearing diaperswith the pin, or puttin spokes on ur bmx. so i mean i cant expect yall 2 understand how those artist were depicted and viewed by the public, cuse the most of uwere 2 young to even understand.

All im saying these kids who biggin up gucci, yrs from now when they older an some new guy(mc space orbit) just a fake name onviously. Kids of that time willsay i like dude, i just enjoy his music etc... And the people of this geneations will be debating putting up points why they wack and how artist of thisgeneration were so much better. Trust me everytime i mentioned NaS, Wu, etc my older brothers old heads said how they was wack and aint got nuttin on big daddykane, rakim, run dmc

Back
Top Bottom