why is it such a sin to say anyone will be better than Michael Jordan?

you think bron can't get 6 rings, 5 mvps, and a defensive poy ...

And yeah, he played horribly the 2nd finals.

I just wonder why people act like its impossible.

If lebron has 6 championships 6 mvps, 2 defensive POYs and 3. Gold medals, he wouldn't be considered the best?

Lebron wont sniff 6 rings, but he'll def have several.

and if someone is better than Jordan than people won't have an issue saying it...but players like Kobe or Lebron are not as good as MJ.

Lebron is a more talented player....even Magic was more "talented" than Jordan was....does not make him the better player. Lebron can rebound and rack up assists but he is not a better scorer than MJ nor does he have the killer instinct than MJ had (nobody does). Jordan was great because of what he did consistently in the playoffs and how extremely clutch he was...guy was possessed and was one of the all time best guards in the post, extremely crafty using both hands....that Bulls team was a spectacle on the road.

Last edited:
Lebron isn't a killer and won't go into a game and rip your heart out like MJ and Kobe set out to do.
People STILL BELIEVE this ********?

"Lebron's legacy would have been forever tarnished if they lose this game. One of the 10 greatest performances of all time. Most pressure ever put on a player and he produces. legendary..."

Last edited:
here we go!!!!! lol if this doesnt get locked this might rival the kobe overrated thread.

Even though nobody will ever be better than MJ due to the heart and hunger, I think dude is ginuinely jealous or possibly irked by Lebron James and people saying he just might be better than MJ..

No way in hell if Im MJ I take Kobe Over lebron lol

Up until now with both of their collective bodies of work? You have to take Kobe.

And if you go by the past 10 years, it's still Kobe :lol:

If there's one common denominator between Kobe and MJ, it's that both of those guys are straight up killers. They don't play that whole "being your friend" **** with other players and has the smiles and giggles after a loss.

Lebron isn't a killer and won't go into a game and rip your heart out like MJ and Kobe set out to do.

I'd take Kobe in his prime over Lebron any day. Kobe's game in his prime is so fine-tuned and "complete". Closets to Jordan we'll ever see, really.

BTW, I'm old enough to watch BOTH MJ and Kobe in their primes. I've seen them do their damage and work in the league. Lebron isn't even CLOSE to these two guys. I think people are getting caught up in the moment with lebron for now.

Let me be clear though--I'm NOT saying what Lebron is doing now worth any recognition, because honestly I've never seen anything like this before. But to say he's better than MJ or will be is nuts :rofl:

Like I said earlier though, he has the potential to be better. More so than Kobe ever had.

I'm probably older than you and I totally disagree.

As great as Kobe was/is I never felt a sense of dread like I did when Jordan was is in his prime.

There has never been a point in Kobe's career where I felt he was unbeatable except when he played with Shaq. Even he went back to back.

During Jordan's prime I knew nobody was beating them dudes, I have the same feeling about Lebron now.

I just feel that barring injury Lebron has the league on lock for at least the next 3 years.

Last edited:
Because it's dumb to try and place a player on an all-time list before his career is over.

And there's no real reason to say that anyone is "going to" accomplish more than Jordan did.

It wouldn't be so bad if the comparisons happened once every so often.

But the media has to compare 73 different players the last decade or so as "the next MJ" and people get tired of it. So then the hate comes out.

Because its engrained in our heads that mj is the best and honestly up until now that holds up to be true

"Lebron's legacy would have been forever tarnished if they lose this game. One of the 10 greatest performances of all time. Most pressure ever put on a player and he produces. legendary..."

Took Lebron 8-9 seasons to finally get it though, Jordan created his greatness with his clutch moments from the moment he hit that shot for NC. Both are nothing alike.

Took Lebron 8-9 seasons to finally get it though, Jordan created his greatness with his clutch moments from the moment he hit that shot for NC. Both are nothing alike.

I agree, but for someone to say LeBron can't take over a game and rip your heart out is just blasphemous.

You can't compare Lebrons Killer instinct to Mike's if he JUST developed that last season. The Fact is up until that dominant playoff run he had last year their were still questions if he would get over the hump, now suddenly he placed in the same closer conversation as Kobe & MJ...

Did you ever think that people who watched both of them simply think lebron isn't as good, despite being physically better?

Worst finals for a superstar ever? 7 finals games before he got over 25 points? Too scared for a dunk contest? Joined up with a finals MVP? 2 other franchise players. Plus the best shooter ever

Those talking heads weren't 6 years old when they saw MJ
Joined up with a finals MVP? 2 other franchise players.

People seem to forget MJ didn't win anything till he got help. :lol:

And Kobe was the help in those first 3 rings, and when things got tough he was ready to leave lakers :lol:

But no, let's continue with the Lebron slander. :lol:

Dudes one of the greatest to ever player and is on the same level as your beloved Jordan and Kobe.

I'm starting a franchise, damn right I'm taking a Lebron. He does it all.

I know its not fair to compare different eras, but Jordan faced much TOUGHER defense than Lebron has ever seen thrown at him in the NBA.  Jordan played against tough hand checking, constant double/triple teams along with there being no defensive 3 sec rules.  Teams also played a tone of zone although it was illegal to do so.  I do believe Lebron and Kobe would be great and Jordan's era, but not as great as he was. Now if Jordan played against today's soft defensive rules where they call touch fouls, I seriously believe he could average 40 plus points with ease. He was that much more mentally advanced/skilled than everyone else IMO 

People seem to forget MJ didn't win anything till he got help. :lol:

And Kobe was the help in those first 3 rings, and when things got tough he was ready to leave lakers :lol:

But no, let's continue with the Lebron slander. :lol:

I'm starting a franchise, damn right I'm taking a Lebron. He does it all.

being compared to Jordan is not slander, unfair, but not slander. He is his own great player.

.....and of course nobody can win an NBA title without help, but what kind of help did MJ have? Only big time free agent the Bulls ever got during those championship years was Rodman and he wasn't even in his prime. We remember guys like Longley, Wennington, Kerr etc because of Jordan. He won an NBA title in an era where you needed a big man to win a championship, and a more physical game mind you.

Dudes one of the greatest to ever player and is on the same level as your beloved Jordan and Kobe.

Both players are below Jordan. Lebron is more physically gifted and talented than Jordan, but he is not a better basketball player nor is anyone as clutch as he was, he was a Tiger Woods, Ali kind of draw to the sport. Compare Lebron to guys like Magic and other greats in the SF position, not the best guard of all time.

Last edited:
Yes he would.

But that's not what he has right now. You can't call someone the greatest today because of what they might accomplish tomorrow.
i heard colin cowherd say something really awesome about russel wilson

"a beautiful woman walks in the room, you dont wait 3 or 4 years to say she's a beautiful women. so why do we have to wait 3 or 4 years to say russel wilson is a great qb. i think he's top 5 in the league right now"

i think the same applies here. lettuce be cereal... the only thing, albeit hard, that lebron will have to reach for are the championships.

but i just dont get the term "NO BODY WILL BE BETTER THAN JORDAN"...

like... come on, bro... NOBODY... ever? ever ever ever?

that seems a bit short sighted.

i'm not even going to get into a kobe lebron debate b/c ... nevermind...

but on the real, folks saying we cant compare them cuz they're games are different.

this aint football where we have two totally different specialties, like a cornerback and a left tackle... i think its fair to make the contrasts and comparisons about basketball players.

see... when people say things like "lebron aint no killer"..

that's just listening to skip bayless. :lol:

lebron will completely take someone out of a game and drop 40 on the other end.

Lebron literally plays 1-4 efficiently.

Maybe even some 5 :lol:

Dude can score, defend, pass, rebound at an extremely high level.

Why can't we compare him to Mj + Kobe ?

MJ could score and defend with the best.

Kobe can score, his defense has always been good and only passes when trying to prove a point.

Lebron literally does it all.... At a high level.... And effortlessly and efficiently.

Lebron literally plays 1-4 efficiently.

Maybe even some 5 :lol:

Dude can score, defend, pass, rebound at an extremely high level.

Why can't we compare him to Mj + Kobe ?

Magic could play all 5 positions as well and dominated, does that make him better than Jordan?

No.

...and Lebron just started to get it and stopped with the flopping nonsense and is attacking the basket, Jordan was one of the best guards in the paint and attacked relentlessly and nobody ever questioned him during the biggest stage (with the exception of the Pistons series where they beat his *** to the ground). There is a reason Jordan never lost in a Finals series and was never ghost when it mattered. When Jordan was there, he took it.

Last edited:
lol. Probably because of what Jordan did for the game and in the games he played.

This gave me a flashback of summers playing 1-on-1 with a friend and having long arguments on why I felt Hakeem's dream shake was far better than Jordan's fade away. Good times.

Honest question...because I really don't know. But when people say Magic played all 5 positions, what was the difference between him and the 2 and the 1? I understand how he could play PG, SF, PF, and C...but what exactly was HE doing at SG that was different from what he did as a PG?

i heard colin cowherd say something really awesome about russel wilson

"a beautiful woman walks in the room, you dont wait 3 or 4 years to say she's a beautiful women. so why do we have to wait 3 or 4 years to say russel wilson is a great qb. i think he's top 5 in the league right now"

i think the same applies here. lettuce be cereal... the only thing, albeit hard, that lebron will have to reach for are the championships.

but i just dont get the term "NO BODY WILL BE BETTER THAN JORDAN"...

like... come on, bro... NOBODY... ever? ever ever ever?

that seems a bit short sighted.

i'm not even going to get into a kobe lebron debate b/c ... nevermind...

but on the real, folks saying we cant compare them cuz they're games are different.

this aint football where we have two totally different specialties, like a cornerback and a left tackle... i think its fair to make the contrasts and comparisons about basketball players.
He didn't say "nobody will be better."  He said you can't anoint someone based on what they might accomplish tomorrow.  Which is exactly the point...

for the record... i'm 23 and didnt really watch jordan play in his prime... i also believe that lebron will be the best nba player of all time...

the current generation will always think they're going to be better than the one before.

I started watching basketball at the tail end of Magic and Bird's career / the rise of Michael Jordan. Therefore, I'll always say Jordan is the greatest.

Sadly, I never saw the NBA greats of the 60's, 70's and early 80's so the generation before me will think Jordan wasn't as good as so-and-so.

That said, I don't think it's wrong to say anyone will be better than Jordan . . . but I still think it's too early to say Lebron will be the greatest UNTIL he retires and you can look back on his career.

All it takes is a career ending injury and Lebron will be forever relegated to history as shoulda / coulda / woulda.

Straight up After those 2011 Finals Lebron solidified himself not being able to surpass Jordan. Because IMO he not going to succeed past what mike did so and when your talking the greatest EVERYTHING gets analyzed. I don't understand how people conveniently sweep that Finals EMBARRASSMENT under the rug. that is a huge deal

Lebrons current streak isnt better than Jordans 10 triple doubles in 11 games. The game where he didnt have a triple double he had 37, 14, and 7

its not even better than Jordans second best streak where he averaged like 46 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists over a 6 game stretch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom