Why is Kanye west so angry at Jimmy Kimmel?

So since the cards are stacked against him his solution is to cry about it every time he gets to speak his mind?
Those brands dont owe Kanye ANYTHING. They dont have to co-sign Kanye if they dont want to. That's how it goes. It's business.

The same goes for EVERY OTHER INDUSTRY.
The dudes at the top of the movie industry aint just gonna give some young baller a market share of their movie money.
So they make it hard for you to bust through the ceiling. But look at Tyler Perry. Started his own **** and said **** you Hollywood.

You see what happened when Irv and Dame them tried to do the same thing in the music industry. The big wigs at the top of music called in some favors,and next thing you know they all had indictments, on the same day.

Oprah may be one of the biggest TV personalities of all time, but when she wanted her own network ABC and CBS and other top networks werent welcoming her with open arms. She had to start her own thing without the blessing or co-sign.

The point is, Kanye thinks so much of himself and his ideas, that he cannot stand the fact that this is business, NOT FRIENDSHIP.
Ultimately he would be their competition.
If they dont want to cut him in on the market share they dont have to. And no amount of whining and crying about it will change that fact.
I agree with this 1000%.

But, I also understand where his frustrations are coming from. Me understanding him =/= me agreeing with him.

RK: I'm on mobile and can't read that article brah. And as far as designers, he wants high fashion designers. And no, no high fashion designers want to work with him because he is a rapper.
its about him enlisting the dude who ruined Balmain for his line.  And why would high end fashion designers want to work with him though?  So he can sell his clothes to their customers?  Dude can make a lane for himself.  BBC is a rapper line, and I havent seen Pharrel have any trouble getting consigns from high fashion entities (hes actually employed by Louis Vuitton)

You didn't either though...

@knowledgebones72
 gonna act like he didn't see this...:smh:

Bruh...

I HAVE NEVER CARED, NOR WILL I EVER CARE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT KIM K GETS A DAMN STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME.

I HAVE MADE THIS STATEMENT MULTIPLE TIMES.

THE WALK OF FAME, NO MATTER HOW IMPORTANT IT MAKES ITSELF SEEM THROUGH THOSE GUIDLINES THAT THEY OBVIOUSLY DONT FOLLOW, IS SIMPLY NOT AND AS BIG A DEAL AND PRESTIGIOUS AS YALL ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE.

MADE UP CHARACTERS, PEOPLE WITH NO TALENT, AND ABSTRACT CONCEPTS ALL HAVE STARS ON THE WALK OF FAME. KIM K IS A MADE UP CHARACTER WITH NO TALEN, AND THEREFORE IS QUALIFIED FOR A STAR.

BUT ITS NOT A BIG DEAL WHETHER OR NOT SHE ACTUALLY GETS ONE.

THIS WHOLD STAR ARGUMENT IS JUST A DISTRACTION BY YOU TWO BECAUSE YOU ARE EASILY DISTRACTED OR WANT TO DISTRACT OTHERS, WHICH IS TOTALLY ONDICATIVE OF SOMEONE WHO HAS NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO ADD TO AN ARGUMENT.

Last edited:
What if someone designer.. Armani, Ralph Lauren etc gives Kanye a legit chance and after all this time he realises that he sucks and they all tell him that.. I think he would commit suicide.

dude thinks putting fur on his terrible designs are high fashion.

this dude needs to shut the hell up and just do the music, that's the only reason he is where he is and he is neglecting all of that.

i bought tix to the LA show and im already getting ready to be dissappointed, im sure he will be an hour late perform for 30 mins and 25 mins will be a rant about how keeping up with the kardashians has shaped how the whole world is viewed and that kim is the second coming.

Doesn't seem like he wants a cosign. I think he wants to have a director position at a french high fashion company.

Him getting a Roc-a-fella chain was enh kinda stretch... him replacing Hedi Slimane is a major reach.

I hope he can break down the barriers but it's a new day. **** breaking barriers in 2013... we driving around them! 2003 music producer Kanye in 2013 wouldn't even need a ROC co-sign to get his music out there. Why go the old skool route if you don't respect it? With social media, his funds and his "clique" why can't they pool their resources together and "change the game buddy"?

All I saw was Kanye talking about Kanye.

And people making it out to be revolutionary.

This whole "fashion" conversation is tired as well. He's a musician who has failed at clothing lines a few times already.

Having a slew of followers who worship everything you do and wear doesn't make you a designer and doesn't make you someone that elite designers need to pay attention to. Putting out a white T shirt that people bought for $120 doesn't make you a designer.

Dude looked like a ******g bum on Kimmel and he's whining about how they won't give him what HE feels HE deserves.

You know what real pioneers do when that happens? They don't throw tantrums. They find another way to get it done.

Kind of like how musicians break their own music now so the labels come to them. And when the labels come to them, they can dictate the terms of their own deal.

And :lol: at dude talking that Chicago **** and about the "zoo" like he's built like that.

Last edited:
same slurpers and haters in every thread.

i came in for the lulz.

i have been disappointed.

no offense, and i dont know much about high end fashion,

but i feel like the people here trying to address fashion been on that you my ninja express, hm, and zara be high end yo.

ya'll know that saying, just bc u got a peacoat on don't mean u classy. 

All I saw was Kanye talking about Kanye.

And people making it out to be revolutionary.

This whole "fashion" conversation is tired as well. He's a musician who has failed at clothing lines a few times already.

Having a slew of followers who worship everything you do and wear doesn't make you a designer and doesn't make you someone that elite designers need to pay attention to. Putting out a white T shirt that people bought for $120 doesn't make you a designer.

Dude looked like a ******g bum on Kimmel and he's whining about how they won't give him what HE feels HE deserves.

You know what real pioneers do when that happens? They don't throw tantrums. They find another way to get it done.

Kind of like how musicians break their own music now so the labels come to them. And when the labels come to them, they can dictate the terms of their own deal.

Haha, it's like looking at odd art at a gallery. Nobody knows what really going in but in an effort to not look like an idiot they say it's something deep and complex. So much so that only it eleven people get it. Lol

Im not gonna lie I pretty much sweat Kanye but imagine if the dude put his creative juices into something other than FASHION

I mean seriously who the **** cares about fashion? One of the things that makes his music great is how you can relate to the genius douchebag persona. Nobody can relate to the fashion world unless you're some sort of supermodel or rich & famous.

I understand he sees himself as a different kind of rich & famous person and I totally agree with him in that sense, but nobody's gonna like you or even care if the fashion industry is where you wanna take your immense talent and creativity.

For all the be Sayers what if this is who he really is? The rants, the fashion, his personal image etc?

What if this genuinely makes him happy as a person..... What's everyone's qualifications to say that he shouldn't do this or anything that makes him happy because they disagree.

For the people that hate him, and the fact he merely exists appreciate the fact there's a polarizing figure. Appreciate there's a persona that you can use an example of want you want to avoid with little to no repercussions on anyone else's well being.

For the people who find him inspiring myself included, chances are you're not gonna be able to explain to people why he's great if they haven't got it by now.

For all the be Sayers what if this is who he really is? The rants, the fashion, his personal image etc?

What if this genuinely makes him happy as a person..... What's everyone's qualifications to say that he shouldn't do this or anything that makes him happy because they disagree.

I'm certainly not questioning whether or not this is who he truly is. Because I believe it is. A much as I like his music, and wouldn't argue him saying he's a "musical genius" (though I don't find that "insightful" in any way), he's always come off as a lame to me beyond that.

As for your 2nd point.....he strikes you as a "happy" person?

:lol:

And :lol: at me "appreciating" someone for showing me what I don't want to be like. Don't need that and certainly don't need to "appreciate" it. I'm just fine doing me.

The whole "hate" thing is corny. Not liking someone who, in my opinion, does and says dislikeable things isn't "hate".

Last edited:

For the people that hate him, and the fact he merely exists appreciate the fact there's a polarizing figure. Appreciate there's a persona that you can use an example of want you want to avoid with little to no repercussions on anyone else's well being.

For the people who find him inspiring myself included, chances are you're not gonna be able to explain to people why he's great if they haven't got it by now.

If fashion makes him happy then so be it. But if thats what he wants to do, then do it, stop complaining about these other establidhed spots not giving you aa job

I'm certainly not questioning whether or not this is who he truly is. Because I believe it is. A much as I like his music, and wouldn't argue him saying he's a "musical genius" (though I don't find that "insightful" in any way), he's always come off as a lame to me beyond that.

As for your 2nd point.....he strikes you as a "happy" person?

:lol:

He could be lame for all I know. I feel like there's a stigma that because you're a celebrity you have to be cool. Look at drake, he's oozing cornball and I'd probably never hang out with the man but he makes some good music all be it simpish at times.

As far as kanye being happy? Who knows. To play the inverse of your argument there's plenty of people who look happy and commit suicide every day. Also, and I think a lot of people over look this but for all the stuff a man does in a 168 hour week, I don't think 2-4 hours of an entertainment spotlight is enough to gauge where a man is at with happiness in his life

If fashion makes him happy then so be it. But if thats what he wants to do, then do it, stop complaining about these other establidhed spots not giving you aa job

It's not complaining if it falls on deaf ears though. I know through out the day I think of a lot stuff id change to be better in my perception. If I voiced it out loud people would probably say it's complaining. My point is complaining is only complaining if you decide to listen to it.

I said he's a lame to me. That's all subjective. Obviously plenty of people think he's cool.

There is no such stigma about celebrity. Your Drake example is a testament to that.

Your "argument" is silly. Don't give me some generic counterpoint about the happy suicidal. Stick to the subject.

I didn't ask you if he was happy, because only he knows that. I basically asked if he "looks" happy. Because he doesn't to me and all of his public whining and ranting doesn't scream happiness either.

So no, I don't know how he feels for 168 hours over the course of a week. I'm forming an opinion based on what he presents to the world in whatever timeframe it's presented.

You know, pretty much what we all do to each other because none of us can read minds. Doesn't mean I'm right. Doesn't mean I'm wrong.

But it seems like I'm not the only one seeing a successful millionaire musician complain ad nauseum about the injustices that have been heaped upon him by the "fashion" world.

Cry me a river.

Last edited:
But it seems like I'm not the only one seeing a successful millionaire musician complain ad nauseum about the injustices that have been heaped upon him by the "fashion" world.

Cry me a river.

it feels like much of the dismissal of ye's complaints come from the viewpoint that he is 'just' talk/ing about fashion &though i'm not at all into 'fashion' (even though i technically work in what might be deemed a fashion industry) i can see how a person who sees oneself as a creative being and having all these ideas for product would be frustrated by the gate keepers & the machinations the fashion of industry, especially when someone has had as much success with as he has with his forays into said industry...not sure the way he is going about articulating his frustrations will engender him much sympathy or even understanding, but i get it

and while i would definitely agree with the criticism that this is just kanye talking about kanye & his unique #richpersonproblems, i don't think that diminishes what he seems to be advocating for; because ,call me naive, i genuinely believe him when he talks about that kid in the back of the class doodling & thinking big ideas.

and yes while he had some contradictory explanations/topics throughout these rants in these interviews, contradictions are not necessarily mutually exclusive (i.e. thinking it maybe silly to spend so much money on a pair of gucci loafers, maybe doesn't stop the same gucci loafers from being desirable or knowing a chick is too high maintenace/too much drama & still wanting to deal with said female)

Back
Top Bottom