Why is Ludacris so underrated now?

hasn't he been focusing on acting instead of music lately? dudes music is on point tho
pimp.gif

He isn't that nice to begin with, but like others said... it's a new era.

Wanna be successful and sell in '09 ? Wear nut huggers, sing using autotune, and be a hypocrite. Kissing men on the lips helps too.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

his albums are mediocre, its when hes on features that he shines...
grin.gif

Back For the First Time and Word of Mouf are classics IMO, and Chicken N Beer was solid. His albums (Red Light District, Release Therapy, Theater of the Mind)after those three have been meh....and agreed he still kills features and spit nasty punchlines. Luda had to tweak up his approach a bit since ReleaseTherapy.

2009 hasn't been his year to achieve major shine though.

because nobody takes him seriously. he's a good rapper but he's always doing some funny busta rhymes style mess and that's why nobody really hasrespected busta since the 90s either. he can kill somebody on their own track and outrap someone in a beef but something about him makes it hard for me (oranyone for that matter) to take him seriously or view him as a threat like people do t.i., jay-z and the rest of them. maybe it's his content, or lackthereof.

I've been listening to "War With God" on repeat so this thread is right on time.

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/07/ludacris-war-with-god

Gotta agree though. I can't sit thru a whole Luda album but buddy rarely fails on the first song.

Features? Forget it, he kills them.

And imagine if he just thrown out a name or two in "War With God." That joint would go down in history right up there w/BDP, Com's "@%#@* InYoo" and all the other great disses.

I used to listen to him all the time, he pretty much covered my late elemantary- middle school era. Always had a catchy +%! single. Haven't really checkedfor him since red light district album though.

I feel dude's time is just up. Theater Of The Mind sounded rushed and it clearly shows how lazy and uncreative he is when it comes to his music. Itseems like he needed a whole album

full of features to just prove he can outshine everybody on each track. Which he already proved he can, we just didn't need a whole album to do so. Do theRight Thing is on point

though.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by I Know You Got SOLE

I feel dude's time is just up. Theater Of The Mind sounded rushed and it clearly shows how lazy and uncreative he is when it comes to his music. It seems like he needed a whole album

full of features to just prove he can outshine everybody on each track. Which he already proved he can, we just didn't need a whole album to do so. Do the Right Thing is on point

though.
smokin.gif
It was a concept album though. That's why he had so many features.

Ludacris is one of my favorite rappers but I really can't rock with most of Chicken N Beer or Theater of the Mind. His singles are always on point and Idare you to name a rapper with sicker intros
pimp.gif
. And he always kills any song he is featured on. He isn't taken seriously though because of his punchline rapper image that hegot from his first few albums so that hurts him in the long run. Dude is doing his thing though in the movie industry but I wish he makes one more album likehis first two before he hangs the mic up.

yea it would be cool for him to hook up with shondrae aka bangladesh and recreate another back for the first time.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

I feel dude's time is just up. Theater Of The Mind sounded rushed and it clearly shows how lazy and uncreative he is when it comes to his music. It seems like he needed a whole album

full of features to just prove he can outshine everybody on each track. Which he already proved he can, we just didn't need a whole album to do so. Do the Right Thing is on point

though.
smokin.gif

Ludacris is one of my favorite rappers but I really can't rock with most of Chicken N Beer or Theater of the Mind. His singles are always on point and I dare you to name a rapper with sicker intros
pimp.gif
. And he always kills any song he is featured on. He isn't taken seriously though because of his punchline rapper image that he got from his first few albums so that hurts him in the long run. Dude is doing his thing though in the movie industry but I wish he makes one more album like his first two before he hangs the mic up.
I know it was a concept album. I just felt like he used that as an excuse to push an album out with nothing but features because obviouslythat's where he shines and it ended up

backfiring for the most part. I can't blame him though, he is focusing on movies now and i think he even knows he is running out of ideas. It happens toevery "punchline" rapper...well
most of them. I can't deny him with that little run he had with Back For The First Time til' Chicken And Beer. He was that dude. Oh and as far asintros, Jigga destroys him.
pimp.gif

though.
smokin.gif

Ludacris is one of my favorite rappers but I really can't rock with most of Chicken N Beer or Theater of the Mind. His singles are always on point and I dare you to name a rapper with sicker intros
pimp.gif
. And he always kills any song he is featured on. He isn't taken seriously though because of his punchline rapper image that he got from his first few albums so that hurts him in the long run. Dude is doing his thing though in the movie industry but I wish he makes one more album like his first two before he hangs the mic up.
I know it was a concept album. I just felt like he used that as an excuse to push an album out with nothing but features because obviously that's where he shines and it ended up

backfiring for the most part. I can't blame him though, he is focusing on movies now and i think he even knows he is running out of ideas. It happens to every "punchline" rapper...well
most of them. I can't deny him with that little run he had with Back For The First Time til' Chicken And Beer. He was that dude. Oh and as far as intros, Jigga destroys him.
pimp.gif
U Got A Problem?
Coming to America
Southern Fried Intro
Red Light District (Intro)
Warning (Intro)
Theater of the Mind (Intro)

Ehh, I'm not really seeing it

Hmmmm impressive...but not as impressive as this.....

Can't Knock The Hustle
Intro/A Million and One Questions/Rhyme No More
Hand it Down(Intro)
Hova Song (Intro)
Dynasty(Intro)
The Ruler Is Back
A Dream
December 4th
The Prelude
Pray

Hell, Dynasty (Intro) alone>

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Originally Posted by Flash Uno

regardless what people say luda is still one of the best and better than wayne, t.i. and anybody else from the south.....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nobody from the south is better than Dre 3stacks... get it together.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

though.
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
I know it was a concept album. I just felt like he used that as an excuse to push an album out with nothing but features because obviously that's where he shines and it ended up

backfiring for the most part. I can't blame him though, he is focusing on movies now and i think he even knows he is running out of ideas. It happens to every "punchline" rapper...well
most of them. I can't deny him with that little run he had with Back For The First Time til' Chicken And Beer. He was that dude. Oh and as far as intros, Jigga destroys him.
pimp.gif
U Got A Problem?
Coming to America
Southern Fried Intro
Red Light District (Intro)
Warning (Intro)
Theater of the Mind (Intro)

Ehh, I'm not really seeing it

ur ******ed...
If by ******ed you mean I am one of the few NTers that doesn't slurp Jay-Z, then I'm braindead.

he is good, yes, but he has his feet in so many other things besides music now that i don't think he really cares.

Back
Top Bottom