Why is patent leather hated so much?

i mean patent leather has been good on a few jordans...and to be honest the 10's royal look so much better with it. It would look beyond plain for 160 plus tax

Originally Posted by canuhandle23

i mean patent leather has been good on a few jordans...and to be honest the 10's royal look so much better with it. It would look beyond plain for 160 plus tax

I think ur the only person I seen that says the pl looks good on the old royals Xs...Imo it messes up the shoe

Because it's over and misused

It's not special anymore

In most instances they use it when they shouldn't. Like on the X's or XII's. What does it add?

Originally Posted by Jrunk

Originally Posted by canuhandle23

I think ur the only person I seen that says the pl looks good on the old royals Xs...Imo it DESTROYS the shoes

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Patent leather is fine but it SHOULD NOT BE used in some areas. Those Royal Xs did not need patent leather for example.

My thoughts exactly

The reason why you cant tell the difference is because "leather" used today is manipulated crap that consists of 90 % plastic

30t6p3b.gif
 at the JB forum

Patent leather does not belong on 90% of J's with the exception of the 11's, possibly the 16's, and a few isolated pairs like the pure money III's. Patent leather needs a simple shoe design so it does not overpower the shoe and most Jordans do not have simple shoe designs. And besides, the patent leather Pistons VI's? Those were atrocious.

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

The reason why you cant tell the difference is because "leather" used today is manipulated crap that consists of 90 % plastic

that is probably true. i guess this thread needs a lock.

Originally Posted by spithrety

Patent leather does not belong on 90% of J's with the exception of the 11's, possibly the 16's, and a few isolated pairs like the pure money III's. Patent leather needs a simple shoe design so it does not overpower the shoe and most Jordans do not have simple shoe designs. And besides, the patent leather Pistons VI's? Those were atrocious.

This.  It is like when a person takes a car that looks just fine and adds all this chrome trim around the wheel wells and the windows. 
sick.gif

Patent leather is cool as long as it's being used accordingly. PL on XI's is
pimp.gif
. PL on XII's is
sick.gif

To be honest, it's just like everyone's been saying. It all depends on where the PL is placed. The PL used on the Independence day V's were just plain ugly imo. The PL on the Royal V's look pretty decent

Honestly im A Sucker For a Crisp pair of Patent leather shoes, But I Do agree, Major Brands like JB Or nike Try to use patent leather to sell Shoes Hideous Shoes at that. Tragic

depends what shoe its on .. for example the 5s shouldnt have patent leather.
but it has been used way to much imo. (as someone has already said no doubt)

Its simple. If you like it, buy the shoe nd wear it. If you don't like it, dont buy it. People be worrying about what others think too much.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by zeru

I've been looking up some jordans and people are saying patent leather kills the whole shoe. I don't really see how that's possible because I can't see any difference between regular leather and patent leather.

124fyj9.gif

Patent leather is overused on so many shoes nowadays that's why. 
Lmfao 
roll.gif

the first patent leather shoe ever by nike was the nike air (sky force) which i think came out in 87/88  or so...I actually owned a pair and bobitto reminded me of that shoe when he did his "it's the shoes" show.......tinkers reason for the patent was (because of it's shineyness) mikes new beginning. patent leather does not stretch, making the 11's better for mike... when he would cut in the lane and not make his feet tweak. this is all from books that i read and bobs video. the patent held it's purpose.  if you see a patent leather shoe from nike or jordan brand pick it up. makes a huge difference on the court. the air jordan 11 took designs from both the jordan 9 and the jordan 10. look at all three kicks carefully and you'll see a resemblance.

Originally Posted by zeru

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

that is probably true. i guess this thread needs a lock.

QFT and overemphasized. Patent leather is helluva lot cheaper than pleather too - that's the main reason why you see it on so much retro product. It's neither form nor function - just cost.

Back
Top Bottom