Why is suicide looked down upon?

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

but people divorce, quit jobs, transfer schools all the time. Why don't they just stick it out?

I don't understand how somebody's choice to end THEIR life is a problem. I thought we lived for ourselves not family and friends.
Things arent that black and white...what if you have children...you are just living for yourself then too?

Everything depends on the situation...We do live for ourselves...but it's not the ONLY thing we live for..$+%+ aint never that simple

Why do people keep saying suicide is easy? You'd have to go through some intense %$@* to reach the point of putting a gun to your head, popping pills, hanging yourself, or w/e method you choose.

True, some are weaker than others.. but, easy? C'mon.

and "man up" isn't a solution for everybody.

Why do people keep saying suicide is easy? You'd have to go through some intense %$@* to reach the point of putting a gun to your head, popping pills, hanging yourself, or w/e method you choose.

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Cause it's too easy. Nobody respects something that's achieved easily.
So one should suffer because it's the "honorable" thing to do?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't agree with it myself but I'm just guessing that's one of the reasons society doesn't respect it. 

I don't agree with it myself but I'm just guessing that's one of the reasons society doesn't respect it. 

What if somebody just not feeling the whole living experience? Like what if I "wasn't bout that life" literally?  That makes me weak? It's like somebody forced you to stay a party you don't wanna be at.....for a really long time.

What if somebody just not feeling the whole living experience? Like what if I "wasn't bout that life" literally?  That makes me weak? It's like somebody forced you to stay a party you don't wanna be at.....for a really long time.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

cowards way out
It takes balls to be able to take your own life.

No it doesn't. It takes balls to wake up, get out of bed every morning, and put food on the table for 60 years. People who take their own life are the weakest of the weak. If you're going to end your life prematurely at least do it for a cause.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

cowards way out
It takes balls to be able to take your own life.

No it doesn't. It takes balls to wake up, get out of bed every morning, and put food on the table for 60 years. People who take their own life are the weakest of the weak. If you're going to end your life prematurely at least do it for a cause.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

It's also selfish for wanting somebody to live through w/e their pain is. Depression is different for everybody, not everybody can live with popping happy pills and seeing a therapist.
THIS!!!!

It's also selfish for wanting somebody to live through w/e their pain is. Depression is different for everybody, not everybody can live with popping happy pills and seeing a therapist.
THIS!!!!

http://gizmodo.com/572666...ast-words-of-bill-zeller that one?

i read it too, and i completely understood why he did what he did.

Yes, the letter of Bill Zeller. I don't think anything would have made him happier or get out of his depression. How he was describing that he always felt that darkness and evil was always in him and he could just not get rid of it. It affected EVERYTHING in his life. This man for sure could not have gone having a normal life ever. He also said how he was afraid that he was going to kill someone else because of his misery and he just hated himself and ould not lead a normal life.

After I was done reading that letter, I just don't know if anyone could have said anything to let him change his mind. I just cannot judge anyone who feels to that point in their life where they feel worthless and want to take their life to not have the will to live anymore. I can't even imagine.

http://gizmodo.com/572666...ast-words-of-bill-zeller that one?

i read it too, and i completely understood why he did what he did.

Yes, the letter of Bill Zeller. I don't think anything would have made him happier or get out of his depression. How he was describing that he always felt that darkness and evil was always in him and he could just not get rid of it. It affected EVERYTHING in his life. This man for sure could not have gone having a normal life ever. He also said how he was afraid that he was going to kill someone else because of his misery and he just hated himself and ould not lead a normal life.

After I was done reading that letter, I just don't know if anyone could have said anything to let him change his mind. I just cannot judge anyone who feels to that point in their life where they feel worthless and want to take their life to not have the will to live anymore. I can't even imagine.

I didn't ask to be here.....

So why are you still here? But in all seriousness, I just don't think anything is that hard to where you have to end life. Its a case by case basis cause some screw themselves over and just want sympathy when it's not warranted.

I didn't ask to be here.....

So why are you still here? But in all seriousness, I just don't think anything is that hard to where you have to end life. Its a case by case basis cause some screw themselves over and just want sympathy when it's not warranted.

whenever suicide comes up i always hear people say that the easiest way out would be to OD because it would be painless but a lot of people don't stop and think about difficult it is emotionally on yourself doing that. there's no easy way to commit suicide, you're better off putting that energy towards getting help.

Back
Top Bottom