Why is suicide looked down upon?

imagine each city had a "suicide center" where people were able to go and take their own lives quiet and peacefully? lol that would be wild

imagine each city had a "suicide center" where people were able to go and take their own lives quiet and peacefully? lol that would be wild

If anyone has read the novel Mrs Dalloway, there is a character named Septimus who suffers from shell-shock. If your life is that $%#@# up, I can understand why you would not want to live anymore.

Hunter S. Thompson killed himself and I can comprehend why he did it.

If anyone has read the novel Mrs Dalloway, there is a character named Septimus who suffers from shell-shock. If your life is that $%#@# up, I can understand why you would not want to live anymore.

Hunter S. Thompson killed himself and I can comprehend why he did it.

i dont condone suicide unless for some odd reason your genitals were cut off then i dont see a reason to live
laugh.gif

i dont condone suicide unless for some odd reason your genitals were cut off then i dont see a reason to live
laugh.gif

Interesting points.

Some people commit suicide because they feel they have nothing to live for...

but what if someone was living because of you.

I just still believe life is what you make it.

Interesting points.

Some people commit suicide because they feel they have nothing to live for...

but what if someone was living because of you.

I just still believe life is what you make it.

At the end of the day a suicidal person's life belongs to THEM and they are free to do with it as they please. That's like me telling you that you can't blow your entire paycheck on some Jordan's or something. Even if I think that is foolish who am I to tell you what to do with something that doesn't belong to me?

At the end of the day a suicidal person's life belongs to THEM and they are free to do with it as they please. That's like me telling you that you can't blow your entire paycheck on some Jordan's or something. Even if I think that is foolish who am I to tell you what to do with something that doesn't belong to me?

Everyone's got their reasons... no one has the right to judge someone for committing suicide. Yeah, you can be angry, question it and all that but to condemn someone that truly felt like they had no other solution is just as bad.

But if you're going to do it, in all seriousness, go off in the woods or something. Don't do like some people and jump off of an overpass because that would make someone late to get where they're going (my Arby's got cold). Plus, you can make it a scavenger hunt of sorts to find your body. Lighten the mood.

Everyone's got their reasons... no one has the right to judge someone for committing suicide. Yeah, you can be angry, question it and all that but to condemn someone that truly felt like they had no other solution is just as bad.

But if you're going to do it, in all seriousness, go off in the woods or something. Don't do like some people and jump off of an overpass because that would make someone late to get where they're going (my Arby's got cold). Plus, you can make it a scavenger hunt of sorts to find your body. Lighten the mood.

Originally Posted by al3x89

suicide shouldn't be looked down upon, but i think it is because of stupid religion.

people have no idea what that person is going through. it's EASY for you to say "yo life is tough just man up", but do you really know the persons history? no because 99% of the time they won't tell you because they're ashamed, or whatever.

and i disagree with it being 'selfish'. like someone said, it's selfish for others to avoid the pain by seeing the person alive, yet suffer each and every single day of their life. so what some of you are basically saying is, let this person live the rough life just because there are a few people that love him and don't wanna go through the pain?

i can tell you right now it's not an easy decision. you don't just wake up one day and kill yourself. you go through months, and maybe YEARS (like the story) of pain to finally say that's enough.

Back
Top Bottom