Why is there so much disgusting obesity in this country?

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Overabundance of calorie dense food and lack of activity in majority of the population. People see getting a desk job as an improvement over a job that requires more physical activity.

This.

You don't even have to eat healthy to lose weight. Calories in<Calories out. The second law of thermodynamics. Ninjahood said about the same thing too you don't need to eat healthy and shop at Whole Foods.

There's documentaries of guys who lose fat with McDonalds. One there was a bodybuilder who cut weight with McDonalds and another was a Doctor who lost weight with McDonalds and his health improved.

People are gonna read this and be like "@!%? thats bull****" but its all good as long as I know.
Yea losing fat/weight is one thing, but have a heart that is 5 seconds away from exploding is another. I am not sure if you were suggesting that anyone eats unhealthy, but if you are, please stop.

^ Chad Ochocinco always promotes his McDonalds diet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Overabundance of calorie dense food and lack of activity in majority of the population. People see getting a desk job as an improvement over a job that requires more physical activity.

This.

You don't even have to eat healthy to lose weight. Calories in<Calories out. The second law of thermodynamics. Ninjahood said about the same thing too you don't need to eat healthy and shop at Whole Foods.

There's documentaries of guys who lose fat with McDonalds. One there was a bodybuilder who cut weight with McDonalds and another was a Doctor who lost weight with McDonalds and his health improved.

People are gonna read this and be like "@!%? thats bull****" but its all good as long as I know.
Yea losing fat/weight is one thing, but have a heart that is 5 seconds away from exploding is another. I am not sure if you were suggesting that anyone eats unhealthy, but if you are, please stop.
I don't think he is. Like people have said in this thread being skinny=/=healthy by default, but you CAN be slim even if you eat Mcdonalds/fast food. As a college student who leaves his car at home, I don't have a ride to get groceries every week, or sometimes I'm stuck on campus for hours with no options except fast food.But I also work out/run almost every day of the week. I walk to/from class every day, which is usually a 40 min round trip. I've eaten fast food for 7 days straight and didn't gain a single pound (although I'm naturally skinny so for me it's different 
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This.

I don't think he is. Like people have said in this thread being skinny=/=healthy by default, but you CAN be slim even if you eat Mcdonalds/fast food. As a college student who leaves his car at home, I don't have a ride to get groceries every week, or sometimes I'm stuck on campus for hours with no options except fast food.But I also work out/run almost every day of the week. I walk to/from class every day, which is usually a 40 min round trip. I've eaten fast food for 7 days straight and didn't gain a single pound (although I'm naturally skinny so for me it's different 
laugh.gif
)

It is disturbing to walk into the mall and see so many over weight people. If you go to places like spain everybody is fit and in good shape. America has really fell off when it comes to staying fit.

It is disturbing to walk into the mall and see so many over weight people. If you go to places like spain everybody is fit and in good shape. America has really fell off when it comes to staying fit.

This.

Not all calories are created equal. Granted, more calories exerted than consumed will cause weight loss (especially if you are severely overweight or obese). But don't think 2,000 calories from McDonalds is the same as 2,000 calories of a balanced diet (lean protein, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, mono/polyunsaturated fats, etc).

To each his own, but all of these crazy diets like the one you mentioned and stories of potato diets have such a short sample size that the true effects on the body over a long period are unknown. Either way, they can't be all that good. If the body builder starved himself on just 1,000 calories of protein, he'd have the same effect of cutting, but it still isn't healthy.

But there is extensive proof that a well-balanced diet is the way to go.

This.

Not all calories are created equal. Granted, more calories exerted than consumed will cause weight loss (especially if you are severely overweight or obese). But don't think 2,000 calories from McDonalds is the same as 2,000 calories of a balanced diet (lean protein, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, mono/polyunsaturated fats, etc).

To each his own, but all of these crazy diets like the one you mentioned and stories of potato diets have such a short sample size that the true effects on the body over a long period are unknown. Either way, they can't be all that good. If the body builder starved himself on just 1,000 calories of protein, he'd have the same effect of cutting, but it still isn't healthy.

But there is extensive proof that a well-balanced diet is the way to go.

I swear I'm never even gonna let myself get over like 12% BF
I remember when one of my boys who doesn't work out said to me like "dude why go to the gym so much you're not gonna care and be fat when you're 50 like everyone else'

laugh.gif

no

i can't understand that mindset. people are lazy and afraid of anything difficult. 

I remember when one of my boys who doesn't work out said to me like "dude why go to the gym so much you're not gonna care and be fat when you're 50 like everyone else'

laugh.gif

no

i can't understand that mindset. people are lazy and afraid of anything difficult. 

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

laugh.gif

no

You should tell him it's not even that hard....you don't even need to go all out in the gym to maintain a healthy body weight. For example my dad used to work out alot when he was younger but he's 50 now and doesn't have the time to hit the gym as much due to work. He just eats moderately healthy throughout the week, goes for short runs, goes biking with his friends, etc. By doing this he still has the body of an average 30 year old

laugh.gif

no

You should tell him it's not even that hard....you don't even need to go all out in the gym to maintain a healthy body weight. For example my dad used to work out alot when he was younger but he's 50 now and doesn't have the time to hit the gym as much due to work. He just eats moderately healthy throughout the week, goes for short runs, goes biking with his friends, etc. By doing this he still has the body of an average 30 year old

laugh.gif

no

laugh.gif
My dad is still in great shape at almost 50, playing hardball baseball, not softball like all these wimps out here.

laugh.gif

no

laugh.gif
My dad is still in great shape at almost 50, playing hardball baseball, not softball like all these wimps out here.

Back
Top Bottom