Why is there so much disgusting obesity in this country?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Saw this for the first time at 7/11 the other day. Come on son, don't know one need that much soda.
roll.gif

34e3shz.jpg

sadly, this is what America is all about.. take as much as you can get as supposed to, take what you need

Originally Posted by jc619er

How can anyone on this board post something negative about an addictive behavior. The only reason we're all on this board is because we wait in lines for $200 shoes and own tens if not hundreds of pairs. How is that a healthy lifestyle? But on to the topic at hand. Being fat is having a food addiction and being addicted to the worst foods. It's a habit that a lot of people have grown up with and it's hard to break bad habits. You grow up in a household where it's readily accessible and you get used to it so you just keep it going later in life. You don't think about it when you're young because when you're young you're way more active wanting to play with your friends and your body is meant to burn up food faster. When you get older your body slows down your metabolism and you still eat the same with a lot less activity because now you have to work a lot more and when you get home the last thing you want to do is exercise all your free time away and you gain the weight. Trying to change a habit is hard and a bad habit even harder. How about we attack smoking or drinking or weed or other things like that. Everyone has a bad habit that someone thinks is disgusting. So trust me everyone in here is disgusting to someone else if they really found out about your habits. The problem is just that being fat is out there for everyone to see so it's easy to be disgusted by that person.

I agree we all need to have healthier education and healthier choices in this country but that will never happen because do you think a franchise owner of a McDonalds wants to see his customer base dwindle because they're finally getting healthy. It's always going to exist because people want money and they'll do whatever it takes to sell a product and profit from it. And since food is something we need the most in life because it's what keeps us alive, figuring out a way to sell the most of it to gain the most money is what will continue to happen. And since making food with cheaper chemicals and having them be processed so they will last longer on the shelf is the best way to increase your profits they aren't going anywhere any time soon.
242aams.png

How can anyone on this board post something negative about an addictive behavior. The only reason we're all on this board is because we wait in lines for $200 shoes and own tens if not hundreds of pairs. How is that a healthy lifestyle? But on to the topic at hand. Being fat is having a food addiction and being addicted to the worst foods. It's a habit that a lot of people have grown up with and it's hard to break bad habits. You grow up in a household where it's readily accessible and you get used to it so you just keep it going later in life. You don't think about it when you're young because when you're young you're way more active wanting to play with your friends and your body is meant to burn up food faster. When you get older your body slows down your metabolism and you still eat the same with a lot less activity because now you have to work a lot more and when you get home the last thing you want to do is exercise all your free time away and you gain the weight. Trying to change a habit is hard and a bad habit even harder. How about we attack smoking or drinking or weed or other things like that. Everyone has a bad habit that someone thinks is disgusting. So trust me everyone in here is disgusting to someone else if they really found out about your habits. The problem is just that being fat is out there for everyone to see so it's easy to be disgusted by that person.

I agree we all need to have healthier education and healthier choices in this country but that will never happen because do you think a franchise owner of a McDonalds wants to see his customer base dwindle because they're finally getting healthy. It's always going to exist because people want money and they'll do whatever it takes to sell a product and profit from it. And since food is something we need the most in life because it's what keeps us alive, figuring out a way to sell the most of it to gain the most money is what will continue to happen. And since making food with cheaper chemicals and having them be processed so they will last longer on the shelf is the best way to increase your profits they aren't going anywhere any time soon.
242aams.png

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

And while the traditional diet is super healthy it's not like the kids don't have McDonald's and the like all around Tokyo to eat at....they just don't OD like we do in America. 

Yep, in all the Asian countries I went to, I hardly ever saw CHUBBY people, let alone obese. Same thing in London and Paris. All the people eating at the fast food restaurants were all pretty slim. I feel like I'm way too skinny while I live in the US, but every time I'm overseas I'm actually average 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Another point I want to make about fast food is that there are relatively (keyword, so don't flame me) healthy options even at fast food joints like Subway, McDonalds, and Jack in the Box. A grilled premium chicken sandwich w/ no mayo is much healthier than a Double QP.
However one mistake I've seen MANY fat girls do is going to Subway and automatically assuming that everything there is healthy just because of the commercials 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 They'll order something like a Chicken/Bacon/Ranch footlong and think they're on a diet 
sick.gif
 Funniest part is when they order diet Cokes on the side, as if cutting sugar makes up for all the other nasty @#$% they just ate 
laugh.gif

All my coaches I had throughout my life have never recommended cutting out fast food completely, cause alot of people go overboard after not having any for a long time and then suddenly having some. Even during cross country we'd go eat at In-N-Out once in a while and we'd never have the urge to eat fast food during the season.

And while the traditional diet is super healthy it's not like the kids don't have McDonald's and the like all around Tokyo to eat at....they just don't OD like we do in America. 

Yep, in all the Asian countries I went to, I hardly ever saw CHUBBY people, let alone obese. Same thing in London and Paris. All the people eating at the fast food restaurants were all pretty slim. I feel like I'm way too skinny while I live in the US, but every time I'm overseas I'm actually average 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Another point I want to make about fast food is that there are relatively (keyword, so don't flame me) healthy options even at fast food joints like Subway, McDonalds, and Jack in the Box. A grilled premium chicken sandwich w/ no mayo is much healthier than a Double QP.
However one mistake I've seen MANY fat girls do is going to Subway and automatically assuming that everything there is healthy just because of the commercials 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 They'll order something like a Chicken/Bacon/Ranch footlong and think they're on a diet 
sick.gif
 Funniest part is when they order diet Cokes on the side, as if cutting sugar makes up for all the other nasty @#$% they just ate 
laugh.gif

All my coaches I had throughout my life have never recommended cutting out fast food completely, cause alot of people go overboard after not having any for a long time and then suddenly having some. Even during cross country we'd go eat at In-N-Out once in a while and we'd never have the urge to eat fast food during the season.

Originally Posted by proper english

Saw this for the first time at 7/11 the other day. Come on son, don't know one need that much soda.
roll.gif

34e3shz.jpg

sadly, this is what America is all about.. take as much as you can get as supposed to, take what you need

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Don't make no damn sense... 

Even when I'm hella high I can barely finish a Large joint from mcdonalds.

Originally Posted by proper english

roll.gif

34e3shz.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Don't make no damn sense... 

Even when I'm hella high I can barely finish a Large joint from mcdonalds.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Ex-friggin-actly. It's amazing to be in another country and see how obesity is a rarity. 
Go to Japan and find a fat dude who's not a sumo wrestler, guarantee you'll be looking for a while.
laugh.gif

Yeah it's actually ridiculous how thin people in Japan are, especially since it's a super-modern, wealthy country. 
Honestly it's tough finding anyone even more than 10 lbs overweight.......obese? Keep looking

Yep. I honestly saw maybe 7-8 fat folks there on my last trip (which was half a month). 3 of them were fat African American women visiting.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Ex-friggin-actly. It's amazing to be in another country and see how obesity is a rarity. 
Go to Japan and find a fat dude who's not a sumo wrestler, guarantee you'll be looking for a while.
laugh.gif

Yeah it's actually ridiculous how thin people in Japan are, especially since it's a super-modern, wealthy country. 
Honestly it's tough finding anyone even more than 10 lbs overweight.......obese? Keep looking

Yep. I honestly saw maybe 7-8 fat folks there on my last trip (which was half a month). 3 of them were fat African American women visiting.
laugh.gif

The other interesting thing about Japan and food: finding vegetables to eat that aren't pickled is very hard to do and/or expensive, which contrasts with Western ideas of dieting.

It's more just that the amount of walking that the average person in Japan does on a daily basis is enough to remain fit.

The other interesting thing about Japan and food: finding vegetables to eat that aren't pickled is very hard to do and/or expensive, which contrasts with Western ideas of dieting.

It's more just that the amount of walking that the average person in Japan does on a daily basis is enough to remain fit.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Childhood obesity is totally out of control
I am a pediatrician, and i see this on a daily basis. I see kids that weigh double what they should, and this is before they are even 10 years old. bottom line is, kids eat a bunch of crap, drink soda and juice and koolaid like it was going out style, and they don't exercise, just watch tv, play videogames etc. Hardly anyone drinks water anymore or even goes outside. I have even had parents tell my "well i don't eat vegetables, so why should they?" WTH? Many parents nowadays have no clue about eating healthy foods, conversely, there are parents that do have an idea about eating healthy, but their kids don't want to, and they don't wan't to hear them complain, so they just give in to what they want. I am stuck at work this morning, and now I am about to go see a teenage girl who is 5'3 and 190 pounds.

There are very few medical conditions that will make you obese, and i can assure you, they are few and far between. People in the US are fat because they eat crap, don't drink water, and don't exercise.

My 2cents.

This, and its not fair to the kids. They grow up fat with no understanding of why or how to change it.
ohwell.gif

Agreed.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Childhood obesity is totally out of control
I am a pediatrician, and i see this on a daily basis. I see kids that weigh double what they should, and this is before they are even 10 years old. bottom line is, kids eat a bunch of crap, drink soda and juice and koolaid like it was going out style, and they don't exercise, just watch tv, play videogames etc. Hardly anyone drinks water anymore or even goes outside. I have even had parents tell my "well i don't eat vegetables, so why should they?" WTH? Many parents nowadays have no clue about eating healthy foods, conversely, there are parents that do have an idea about eating healthy, but their kids don't want to, and they don't wan't to hear them complain, so they just give in to what they want. I am stuck at work this morning, and now I am about to go see a teenage girl who is 5'3 and 190 pounds.

There are very few medical conditions that will make you obese, and i can assure you, they are few and far between. People in the US are fat because they eat crap, don't drink water, and don't exercise.

My 2cents.

This, and its not fair to the kids. They grow up fat with no understanding of why or how to change it.
ohwell.gif

Agreed.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Does buying sneakers up my chances of heart attack?  Lower my life expectancy?
In the wrong neighborhood it could.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Does buying sneakers up my chances of heart attack?  Lower my life expectancy?
In the wrong neighborhood it could.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom