Why is there so much disgusting obesity in this country?

Beware The Underdog wrote:

lol op what happen son?

did someone fat do you dirty?

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

OP sounds mad.

Why you mad?

this portly young gentleman is CLEARLY mad
roll.gif
roll.gif

I eat so much fast food and i dont gain a pound, i always get a Large order of fries. I've been at 160 for 5 years now. I'm 21 btw

Spoiler [+]
come at me brosephs

I eat so much fast food and i dont gain a pound, i always get a Large order of fries. I've been at 160 for 5 years now. I'm 21 btw

Spoiler [+]
come at me brosephs

The main reason is the amount of fast food and the laziness mixed together. I currently live in a town of only 13,000 and there is:

McDonalds
Long John Silvers
Taco Bell
Arbys
KFC
Burger King
Hardees
Dairy Queen
Baskin Robins
Dunkin Donuts
Subway
Jimmy Johns
2 Chinese spots
2 Mexican spots
5 Pizza spots
3 "Family" restaurants

Sad part is, I know I am missing something..

Then you add to the fact that at every store you go to, there are hundreds of candy bars and sodas right in everyone's face while waiting in line. Imagine the plummet in sales if candy and soda companies were banned from putting all that crap in your face at the register..I guarantee they would be lucky to sell half the amount of product they do now. Impulse buys.

Everything single item in gas stations is unhealthy. Pizza? hot dogs? chips? donuts? 10 foot section of candy bars in the candy aisle AND another 8 feet by the register... A 100oz fountain soda? Really? I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen that. Seen a guy walk in and fill it with Mt.Dew...NO ICE...

Soooo much food in our faces everyday. Signs so tall, you can see the golden arches from 5 miles away. Ridiculous.

I have lost 54lbs since January 1st and I feel great, but giving up fast food and soda was HARD. Most people simply cannot do it.

The main reason is the amount of fast food and the laziness mixed together. I currently live in a town of only 13,000 and there is:

McDonalds
Long John Silvers
Taco Bell
Arbys
KFC
Burger King
Hardees
Dairy Queen
Baskin Robins
Dunkin Donuts
Subway
Jimmy Johns
2 Chinese spots
2 Mexican spots
5 Pizza spots
3 "Family" restaurants

Sad part is, I know I am missing something..

Then you add to the fact that at every store you go to, there are hundreds of candy bars and sodas right in everyone's face while waiting in line. Imagine the plummet in sales if candy and soda companies were banned from putting all that crap in your face at the register..I guarantee they would be lucky to sell half the amount of product they do now. Impulse buys.

Everything single item in gas stations is unhealthy. Pizza? hot dogs? chips? donuts? 10 foot section of candy bars in the candy aisle AND another 8 feet by the register... A 100oz fountain soda? Really? I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen that. Seen a guy walk in and fill it with Mt.Dew...NO ICE...

Soooo much food in our faces everyday. Signs so tall, you can see the golden arches from 5 miles away. Ridiculous.

I have lost 54lbs since January 1st and I feel great, but giving up fast food and soda was HARD. Most people simply cannot do it.

I actually try to look at it from another point of view.  At least Americans can afford to overeat and there's an abundance of food supply.  Even homeless people can eat well since we throw away so much.  People can do better at moderating their portions though.  You take a look at France and all the cream, bread, pastries, rich food they eat but they don't have a fat reputation.  Italian people are all about pasta and bread.  Asian people consume rice and noodles almost every meal.  Americans like a lot of that stuff too but for some reason our people are fatter.

I actually try to look at it from another point of view.  At least Americans can afford to overeat and there's an abundance of food supply.  Even homeless people can eat well since we throw away so much.  People can do better at moderating their portions though.  You take a look at France and all the cream, bread, pastries, rich food they eat but they don't have a fat reputation.  Italian people are all about pasta and bread.  Asian people consume rice and noodles almost every meal.  Americans like a lot of that stuff too but for some reason our people are fatter.

Back
Top Bottom