Why is there so much hate on the six rings?

I understand that a lot of people dislike/hate the six rings, but yet a lot of people say they buy jb's shoes because of its meaning.Well, if thats thecase, why hate on the six rings when it represents the shoes he wore when he won his rings?I understand why there's hate on other fusions , but they donthave meaning like the six rings.So why hate on the six rings when they represent his greatest accomplishments?

This will not end well.(well you'll have the usual "miles" and other JB loving NTers(cough sheep cough, that will praise the shoe)

There are so many reasons on why there's hate, but the best one I can come up with is the design and idea lacks originality (sp?). Anybody can design ahybrid, it takes skill, with a good, creative, imagination, to design a shoe that's never been seen to the public's eye and at the same time, beinginnovative, and revoutionary. And the 6 rings, simply lacks all of that.

/thread

I tried giving it a chance because it sounded like a nice concept but it seemed like JB just decided to throw on things at the last second from different shoeswithout really sitting down and thinking really.

I simply feel like they are just a gimmick. Long gone are the days where "Meaning" and "Quality" go hand in hand with a Jordan shoe. Itsounded OK when Gentry was talking about it over a year ago but as most people feel now, the execution was pretty bad....Overall, just synonymous with the"poor quality era" of JB.

Some people don't like the fact that classic colorways and design concepts are put together on a poorly executed hybrid. The concept and meaning are notthe things being hated on.

no hate here... some of them are actually nice... it's just too bad they resemble the XI's too much. I've broken my necks too often thinking a dudehad the actual XI's on

Let alone the reason that NT's love to say about "ruining classics"
Most are just against anything Spizike, Fusion, Dub, you get it. Anything
"hybrid." These would fall under that category, not to mention the price.
I myself think a couple colorways worked and i could see myself wearing
them.

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

no hate here... some of them are actually nice... it's just too bad they resemble the XI's too much. I've broken my necks too often thinking a dude had the actual XI's on
Wow I thought I was alone on that one
roll.gif

Originally Posted by killacam92345

^ sorry i meant poorly executed

LOL you can EDIT your post instead of posting new one JK anyways I agree... you said it right......
wink.gif
Not worth my money

Most of us would rather have the actual models retro'd than an amalgamation of them. The brand had (I thought) a great way to celebrate those specificmodels with the Defining Moments Package concept. All I can see when I see a fusion is what the shoe is a combo of, not a newly designed model. The Spizikesbeing the most unnatural looking design imo...I think it's the "wings" on the sides from the IV's that make it awkward to me. The Six Ringsare even worse in that regard because they have the velcro straps from the VIIIs that are completely useless without the top straps of the VIIIs in the design.

Originally Posted by DrJayIV

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

no hate here... some of them are actually nice... it's just too bad they resemble the XI's too much. I've broken my necks too often thinking a dude had the actual XI's on
Wow I thought I was alone on that one
roll.gif
I agree too lol ESPECIALLY with the Concord pair, which I own. I personally like the six rings, especially the black/red/white, concord & (myfavorite to date) flint/french blue colorways. I could do without the laser ones though. I like the concept of fusing the 6's, 7's, 8's, 11's,12's, 13's and 14's, taking THE MOST distinctive features off of each shoe. Just don't put out Cockamaney colorways on your shoes JB!
eyes.gif

there not that appealing to me. but i dont know i just let people wear what they like so no hate from me really

im pretty sure its because its a fusion/hybrid. For some reason most people hate those just like spizikes. But dont worry there is still a huge market forthem, they still sell out most of the time.

When it comes to being a consumer of JB products, some of us real sneaker heads are smart enough to see that we are not the target audience for these shoes.These are for younger buyers, people new to JB products and hypebeast. Same goes for other fusions. Like gone in 60 seconds stated above, some of us are noteven into alot of post career releases, so fusions don't have a chance with us. JB knows what the people who made their company want as customers, theyjust refuse to give it to us. They forgot about us, and chose to focus on the younger (more naive) customer.

I can't knock the hustle, though. It seems to be working out fine for them.

I just think that's real effed up how they do us, though.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom