Why is there so much hate on the six rings?

There are just overboard...way too much going on. I don't need a shoe to commemorate his sneakers and titles

Six Rings could have had some kind of real meaning if they released it it only one colorway and very limited.. otherwise its a wash

i got the concord 6 rings and i think they are dope. i'm in the design field and can appreciate the fact that JB is concepting rather than rehashing.don't get me wrong, the retros are classic and arguably the most iconic kicks of all-time, but at some point you gotta come at it fresh from a conceptualstandpoint. this doesn't mean they are getting it right (see ALL AJ/AF1 fusions) but i can appreciate the effort.

They're too much like the 11's and if Imma go wiht one or the other you know what it'll be! Kinda ironic when ppl say that the 6 rings are uglybecuase theyre so similar to the 11's that its like theyre saying the 11's are ugly too. Im not hatin on them though. Still a cool concept.

The Six Rings prove once again that if you make it look like a numbered Jordan and give it an OG colowary it will sellout because people want the originals sobad. But honestly they are just ugly. Either make new and original team shoes or put out retros. Quit living off the fact that people want retros and willsettle for shoes they regret buying later because they somewhat resemble their favorite shoes. All these shoes prove to me is that there is no one working atJB that has any original ideas. I mean even the 2K9 is just a glorified and uglied up 14. The real irony is that Nike makes fusions now and they are actuallyquality built, nice looking shoes that people buy all day for basketball like the new Zoom Flight Club. Great shoe that's fusioned from a lot of oldFlight. So maybe JB should start stealing their designers for some new ideas.

because others consider themselves "OG heads" and its not well accepted in sneaker communities and forums like NT, same goes for the fusion line, ipersonally don't hate the 6 rings and fusion line. although i love Jordan's, i still buy what i want, it doesn't mean that i like all 6 ringscw's or all the fusions.

Well...here's the thing:

If this exact model released in like 1998-2000 (around the XIII-XIV era) as just a team jordan, I know for a fact that it would NOT be hated on. Matter offact, people would be all nostalgic about it. I would be a love/hate type thing like the XVs have going...

Fact is, its not a terrible looking shoe at all. Unlike the spizike, it's more or less balanced. Compare it to other basketball joints being release (notcounting hyperdunks and such) and it's a pretty nice sneaker.

At the same time, it does bastardize a bunch of classics in way and it would be better to see the colorways on real # jordans.

But these don't really deserve so much hate.

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Well...here's the thing:

If this exact model released in like 1998-2000 (around the XIII-XIV era) as just a team jordan, I know for a fact that it would NOT be hated on. Matter of fact, people would be all nostalgic about it. I would be a love/hate type thing like the XVs have going...

Fact is, its not a terrible looking shoe at all. Unlike the spizike, it's more or less balanced. Compare it to other basketball joints being release (not counting hyperdunks and such) and it's a pretty nice sneaker.

At the same time, it does bastardize a bunch of classics in way and it would be better to see the colorways on real # jordans.

But these don't really deserve so much hate.
oh believe me, back then this idea would not even surfaced in the meetings. There were team jordans, and numbered J's. That's it.

6 Rings are like all the girls I ever fantasized about. Like taking a peice of each chick to make one super honey. Who wouldn't like that. Ones rack oneshair ones eyes......u git the point.

About to get the Flint/Grey's for the low...I think majority of sneakerheads hate the hybrid J's b/c its more of a status quo than anything smh...

i hate them cuz dey look like the 11's to much, and i see a whole bunch of people buyin them just for this reason, and im sick of throwin my neck out ofits socket 2 look at sum1's feet who i think got them one, just 2 find out that its just those abominations
mad.gif
...JUST FIND A PAIR OF 11'S AND CALL IT A DAY!!!!!!!

Ugly.

Badly executed idea.

JB's weak excuse to not release OG colorways, since they come out for the Six Rings (Ex. Flints, Concords, Olives, etc.)

there shouldn't be but every is looked at differently, i personally love the 6rings, they like an obsession i love em!!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom