Why is there so much hate on the six rings?

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

When it comes to being a consumer of JB products, some of us real sneaker heads are smart enough to see that we are not the target audience for these shoes. These are for younger buyers, people new to JB products and hypebeast. Same goes for other fusions. Like gone in 60 seconds stated above, some of us are not even into alot of post career releases, so fusions don't have a chance with us. JB knows what the people who made their company want as customers, they just refuse to give it to us. They forgot about us, and chose to focus on the younger (more naive) customer.

I can't knock the hustle, though. It seems to be working out fine for them.

I just think that's real effed up how they do us, though.
smh.gif
You can't really say it's only geared towards "younger" audiences, because I appreciate me some OG's and TRUE retros. I justbuy what I like.

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Some of them are ok, I just wont cop because MJ never wore em during a game. Plain & simple

you wouldnt cop the 23s?

I didn't get any XX3's because I was too busy buying pre 03' heat. I will eventually but XX3's are from the Jordan sig line. Like I said I likethem ( bought my child a pair) just not MY STYLE!!!

Main reason why I don't like them is because it's too much going on with the shoe, and the price.

Originally Posted by TienMysterio469

When it comes to being a consumer of JB products, some of us real sneaker heads are smart enough to see that we are not the target audience for these shoes. These are for younger buyers, people new to JB products and hypebeast. Same goes for other fusions. Like gone in 60 seconds stated above, some of us are not even into alot of post career releases, so fusions don't have a chance with us. JB knows what the people who made their company want as customers, they just refuse to give it to us. They forgot about us, and chose to focus on the younger (more naive) customer.

smh.gif
You can't really say it's only geared towards "younger" audiences, because I appreciate me some OG's and TRUE retros. I just buy what I like.
I have good reason for saying that. I said that because fusion releases prior to the six rings have not been well excepted by og headz/collectors.JB is well aware of this, but at the same THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Hence,more and more and more fusion release. If I told you that I've never in myentire life seen anyone my age or older wearing a pair of six rings(Besides on the internet
smh.gif
), you probably would think I was lying. But I haven't. JB knows whos buying theirshoes,bro. That's their job.

Originally Posted by TienMysterio469

smh.gif
You can't really say it's only geared towards "younger" audiences, because I appreciate me some OG's and TRUE retros. I just buy what I like.
I have good reason for saying that. I said that because fusion releases prior to the six rings have not been well excepted by og headz/collectors. JB is well aware of this, but at the same THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Hence,more and more and more fusion release. If I told you that I've never in my entire life seen anyone my age or older wearing a pair of six rings(Besides on the internet
smh.gif
), you probably would think I was lying. But I haven't. JB knows whos buying their shoes,bro. That's their job.
I've seen people my age rocking Six Rings, Spizike's, Dub Zero's, etc. As long as they continue to sell, they will keep putting outfusions. JB is going to be putting retro colorways that were in demand for a long time (i.e. Space Jams, French 7's, 12's, etc.) slowly. I'm notsaying you're lying, but it is what it is. Finally, certain shoes turn even the truest collectors into HypeBeasts. OG Quality or NOT, I'm copping mesome Space Jams in December.

- I just don't like the way they look.

I rock/buy what I like. And I definitely don't like the Six Rings..... no hate.

The color placement on these alone is a clear statement that they were not made with an adult in mind. This is for the youngtsers. No disrespect to my fellowNiketalkers, but if you're 26-40 and you consider yourself a sane adult of sound mind and you got clothing to match these, you may be having some sort ofan mid-life crisis.

(And yes, I am aware that these are phoenix colorway intended to commemorate the 93 nba finals, but the color placement is for a 16 year old.)

well, to an extreme extent the 6 rings kinda represents the desperation to get a taste of the jordan mytique specially if you really want to feel connected tothe man. in some sense they really are geared towared the youth, who have never seen mj live, just tapes and vids, that generation generally dont care whatshoe they have as long as its connected to mj.
but to some the 6 rings is somewhat a solution to having to shel out literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars to collect just the 6 shoes the 6 ringspredicated off.

%+% for me, i dont like the notion of buying it because it has the straps from the 8, the 13's midsole etc... im really not into fusions.
i would not cop, for looks or nostalgia, i would buy for performance and comfort.

bottom line.... i dont hate it but its just not as compeling as a full fledged air jordan. i wouldnt even rank it along the cp3.2.

they resemble the 11 and 13 too much i think, but their not a bad shoe to ball in

My feelings on the shoe is the whole idea is a great idea. Honestly I think it was actually a good fusion idea for once. I also think they look good. Theblack/red, concords, and flints are dope. But I've never been a fan of laser print on shoes and I think it makes them look like a circus shoe IMO. Justusing the teams colors would have sufficed. But I do like how they incorporated the sillohuettes that made sense to each series.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

This will not end well.(well you'll have the usual "miles" and other JB loving NTers(cough sheep cough, that will praise the shoe)

There are so many reasons on why there's hate, but the best one I can come up with is the design and idea lacks originality (sp?). Anybody can design a hybrid, it takes skill, with a good, creative, imagination, to design a shoe that's never been seen to the public's eye and at the same time, being innovative, and revoutionary. And the 6 rings, simply lacks all of that.

/thread
ff7263b1930846a1c95ec4d8f77c7ab7ad32f90a.gif

Some CW's are not too bad like Blk/Red, Concord and Flint Grey. But they do cost to damn much...

i actually like the model in general. as for most of the CW's that dropped they are blah to me. i only liked the breds, olympic, concord n flints. all theothers didnt even hit my radar. most ppl on NT jus dunt like hybrid/fused j's. every1 is entitled to their opinion tho

Originally Posted by Sneak King

I simply feel like they are just a gimmick. Long gone are the days where "Meaning" and "Quality" go hand in hand with a Jordan shoe. It sounded OK when Gentry was talking about it over a year ago but as most people feel now, the execution was pretty bad....Overall, just synonymous with the "poor quality era" of JB.

smile.gif
ADREE there so flimsy and they represent all the shoes most peoplewant in one, when they they just look like the 11 ans 13s mostly

My biggest beef with these Fusions/6 Rings/Spizike's are the crazy retail prices for them. I mean they cost more than actual Jordan's, c'mon JB.But yeah they don't look that great either though.

Back
Top Bottom