WHY PEOPLE GO CRAZY OVER KANYE? EXPLAIN!

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

He did not put Lupe/Common (critically acclaimed before Kanye came around) on just because some where slow to catch on doesn't mean Kanye is the hand that feeds them. Kid Cudi (Cleveland), Mr Hudson (foreigner), Big Sean (Detroit), John Legend (east coast phi?), Consequence (NY) none of which are from the Chi so try again ppl. Too many TRL watchers on NT!!!
Lupe was critically aclamed before Ye came around?
I dont think so the touch the sky joint put lupe on.

He might not have put them on offically...but he Damn sure helped their career a whole lot (in Commons case he might have saved it...)

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Originally Posted by RoddyRodPiper

Originally Posted by killa d

^^^^^SO YOU TELLING ME THAT 808 HEARTBREAK WAS A GOOD ALBUM! YOU'RE CRAZY!
808's was a near perfect album imo... kanye is a musical genius it took him 3 wks to make that album and it was his best work behind graduation 2 me... middle finger to all u 808 haters

Wooooow. You do not know Kanye's music if you those are better than LR and CD
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My thing on 808s is just because it's DIFFERENT or DIVERSE does NOT necessarily make it GOOD. It was just alright to me IMO

IMO graduation and 808's are his best CDs I love late registration n college dropout tho

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I don't think dude's understand what Kanye means to the game.

'Ye's Producing is appreciated .. Just because you guys don't agree with what 'Ye does doesn't mean he is gay, let the man live. All youguys in here bickering over 'Ye's sexuality is borderline gay. I'd much rather listen to 'Ye pour his heart into 808's then listen tosomeone lie about selling drugs, or talk about money. Music is an art form, just because you don't like that particular piece doesn't mean its notgreat, just means you don't like it. Most artwork becomes great not because of what it is, but because it lives on, something has to be good about it ifpeople are still talking about.

808's just isn't for everybody, but it seems people will go out the way to state that it is "garbage." That is your opinion, but don'tstate it like it's fact.

There are no facts when it comes to opinions on music.

Kanye def brought something back to the mainstream that had been missing for a while.....BALANCE. Before he dropped everybody either on some Super Gangstastuff or had Scrouge McDuck $$. Kanye makes music that the average dude can relate to. I mean, College Dropout came out right around the time I dropped outof school
laugh.gif
so I could feel what he was saying. And he's certainlyopened doors for people like Drake, Lupe, Cudi etc. to be accepted.

Plus even though he isn't super lyrical, dude isn't wack either. And his production is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

If you would of witnessed him live at the Glow in the Dark Tour, you would of respected the man.. to ones that hate on him..
QFT, GITD was amazing
pimp.gif

Kanye's up there with the BETTER rappers in Hip-Hop today. He's like one of the few who's a beast lyrically... without talking about drugs, killingpeople..etc.

His flows sick. Real Talk.

Only bad thing i can say about the dude is he got alot of #+!$ walking around wearing bookbags lol.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

808's just isn't for everybody, but it seems people will go out the way to state that it is "garbage." That is your opinion, but don't state it like it's fact.

There are no facts when it comes to opinions on music.

the best post i've read thus far!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i can bet my bottom dollar that any underground rapper would take the chance to get a kanye beat on any given day.

Good music minus the diva moves and publicity stunts, and he might get a fraction of respect he lost when I found out he's not the original author of everyrhyme... Not that he's that great a lyricist to begin with. He's a great producer. Producers normally know what good music sounds like. Kanyerecognizes classic music from a lot of genres and brings them to hip hop and I respect him for that. Hell, you gotta get excited when you hear that Kanye hadsomething to do with a track or album project. But as far as all the genious talk... Quit it. There you have it... The good comes with the bad. No biasinvolved. My man is playing himself out. Too many Kanye stans. I really just wish he would take the passenger seat and go back to being a producer first andforemost. (NOT GONNA HAPPEN)...sucks.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Originally Posted by M16

Actually Jedi Mind Tricks is one of the most successful underground rap groups of all-time sales & popularity wise. Not that it matters. He got the entire AOTP fam eating off his fame. He put Apathy on, He put LOCB on, he put Jus Allah on, he put DJ Kwestion on, helped Brooklyn Ac, 7L & Eso etc....

They aren't super balling but they making money and still staying raw. They selling out a Europe tour right now as we speak. I'ma catch them this November when they hit NYC.
pimp.gif

Everyone from GZA to G Rap to Tragedy Khadafi got respect for 'em, because they make good music. That's all that matters.

laugh.gif
aint none of them Ns on...
At night they rap...during the day them Ns is doorman and janitors and +*%! like that...

wow too much
roll.gif
roll.gif

kanye is always evolving. it's natural, if you travel worldwide, meet incredible artists from all walks of life, you are bound to be influenced by theirpoints of view. for example, examine his fashion sense. ralph lauren=easily accessible(marshalls/mall sales rack), louis v=gotta have some bread to cop,(traveled to europe, japan, sweden, etc... = these places create fashion trends) now kanye has his own line inspired by all his influences. i am sure his nextalbum will be different than his last. and his fashion will evolve as well.

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

kanye is always evolving. it's natural, if you travel worldwide, meet incredible artists from all walks of life, you are bound to be influenced by their points of view. for example, examine his fashion sense. ralph lauren=easily accessible(marshalls/mall sales rack), louis v=gotta have some bread to cop, (traveled to europe, japan, sweden, etc... = these places create fashion trends) now kanye has his own line inspired by all his influences. i am sure his next album will be different than his last. and his fashion will evolve as well.
As much as people want to hate, Kanye has pushed the rap game in so many directions, they haven't even realized it yet.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

kanye is always evolving. it's natural, if you travel worldwide, meet incredible artists from all walks of life, you are bound to be influenced by their points of view. for example, examine his fashion sense. ralph lauren=easily accessible(marshalls/mall sales rack), louis v=gotta have some bread to cop, (traveled to europe, japan, sweden, etc... = these places create fashion trends) now kanye has his own line inspired by all his influences. i am sure his next album will be different than his last. and his fashion will evolve as well.
As much as people want to hate, Kanye has pushed the rap game in so many directions, they haven't even realized it yet.

definitely, success will always see haters and vice versa. he might not be on that "raw" hip hop level anymore but that's his choice not thefans. i prefer artists like MF DOOM to kanye, but i can appreciate a person that stays true to themselves. and he continues to challenge me with his music,which is more important than liking it(to me at least). look at the major relevant pop stars, they are always reinventing themselves.. from the beatles,madonna, jackson, etc... even kanye has realized and admitted(on his blog) that his ego needs to be "extinguished" to continue his evolutionary path.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

He's an average rapper with the personality of a diva....I miss the old producing Kanye. Don't respect this guy at all

Back
Top Bottom