WHY PEOPLE GO CRAZY OVER KANYE? EXPLAIN!

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by c4

I liked Kanye when he first came out, but now, like dude on pg 1 said, he's like a diva. IMO he helped turn hip hop into a freakin fashion show. I've had enough of this dude, and being on NT doesn't help either.

Since when hip hop not been a fashion show. Now hip hop is just higher fashion. People use to be fresh with sean john or roca wear but you will get clowned if you wear sean john or roca claiming you're fresh.

Ecko, Phat Farm, Avirex, Gino Green, Lot29, Akoo, Outkast, Shady, G-Unit, Karl Kani, Vokal, Baby Phat, playcloths, 8732, Todd Smith, Bape, CEO, Fetish,Makaveli Branded, Cavi, Bushi Sport, Apple Bottoms, David Brown 615, Snoop Dogg, Nostic, Brooklyn Mint, FJ560, DMX, NoLimit, Soji, Coogi, Shago, Rich Yung, ETC

If anything, you clowns should be happy for Kanye...not only has he released two collections of high-end shoes that actually look like they will continue tosell well years from now...THEY'RE ON THE TWO BIGGEST CLOTHING COMPANIES OUT.

Nike (tell me you've never owned a pair)
and
LV ( Tell me you never wanted to own anything from there)

Dude studies high art and makes it. Your other rappers out there just wanted to stamp their name on it and hope they'd see minions out there with it on.Form, not function kids.

Dude had the right idea though. He just forgot to put transsexual before "fashion show" in his post.

it took me a while to get on to kanye but i liked his first 3 albums but 808's is where i stopped...i dont wanna hear you using auto tune on the wholealbum and now you dont use it cuz hov made a song about cats using it and i doubt if he told hov to tell him to make it as he says in the song

he is good at what he does but not the greatest and never will be

thats just me

^
eek.gif
Kanye posting on NT now ?

So many idiotic posts.

808s sucked.

Kanye > 90% of rappers today, yes, that includes the ones who rhyme 8-syllable words and make incoherent references to ancient cultures and religions. Butthat's not even saying much.

You say you aint hating but it by the loks of it YOU ARE! Ye can rap and he mostly tlaks about him being the best just cause hes confident and thats just howhe feels. You probably saying hes been talking about LV most of the time and its cause hes got his own show with them. Yes the LV DON!

Originally Posted by deveroesshopper

it took me a while to get on to kanye but i liked his first 3 albums but 808's is where i stopped...i dont wanna hear you using auto tune on the whole album and now you dont use it cuz hov made a song about cats using it and i doubt if he told hov to tell him to make it as he says in the song

thats just me

What other producer has been as consistent (quality and quantity) as Kanye for so many years. Kanye has been in the game damn near 10 years and he has notslacked off one bit. Plus he is the only artist who is constantly putting on artist from his home town.

^^^Who he put on from the Chi? Bump locked up & you don't hear anything about him anymore. Common was known & critically acclaimed way before Kanyecame into the pictuire & GLC hasn't made it yet...

it took me a while to get on to kanye but i liked his first 3 albums but 808's is where i stopped...i dont wanna hear you using auto tune on the whole
album and now you dont use it cuz hov made a song about cats using it and i doubt if he told hov to tell him to make it as he says in the song

thats just me

What other producer has been as consistent (quality and quantity) as Kanye for so many years. Kanye has been in the game damn near 10 years and he has not slacked off one bit. Plus he is the only artist who is constantly putting on artist from his home town.

indifferent.gif
dead wrong on both.

Plenty of producers have had longer, better careers than Kanye and are still consistent. Speaking of that, when is Street Hop dropping ?

Vinnie Paz is carrying Philadelphia underground rap on his back. He's put on at least 12 Philly rappers over the years.

Outside of the queers on NT and a few girls who have a thing for chipmunk/squirrels with nuts in they mouth look in dudes who goes crazy for Kanye?

I say his best days as a hip hop artist have passed him by with LR. His lyrics were never the best but now they're lower than average and I don't carefor where he's going musically with 808s and auto tune.

Originally Posted by M16

it took me a while to get on to kanye but i liked his first 3 albums but 808's is where i stopped...i dont wanna hear you using auto tune on the whole
album and now you dont use it cuz hov made a song about cats using it and i doubt if he told hov to tell him to make it as he says in the song

thats just me

What other producer has been as consistent (quality and quantity) as Kanye for so many years. Kanye has been in the game damn near 10 years and he has not slacked off one bit. Plus he is the only artist who is constantly putting on artist from his home town.

indifferent.gif
dead wrong on both.

Plenty of producers have had longer, better careers than Kanye and are still consistent. Speaking of that, when is Street Hop dropping ?

Vinnie Paz is carrying Philadelphia underground rap on his back. He's put on at least 12 Philly rappers over the years.
Dawg jay-z was rapping since he was 7, but I don't say that he's been in the game for 33 years...

You can't be bringing artists who won't sell more than 5,000 out the stores/trunk/where ever the hell on a good day on the highest mountain in heaven.

PS, how do you count "putting someone on" if they CLEARLY ain't put themselves on...

I swear, dudes think they deserve props for knowing about an artist and claiming everyone else is foolish...nah homie, that means your artist of the day needsto step his game up cause I know he ain't trying to live at his mama's crib for the rest of his life...i'm sure he wants that vid on MTV too...andi'm not talking about going the selling out route either before you try to use that diluted point.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

^^^Who he put on from the Chi? Bump locked up & you don't hear anything about him anymore. Common was known & critically acclaimed way before Kanye came into the pictuire & GLC hasn't made it yet...

He took Common and Twista to the next level. Common use to be what Little Brother is today sure Little Brother can rap and have hot songs (i hope we agree) butThey're not going to get any mainstream attention unless another artist puts them on. Other artist Kanye has shown hometown love Big Sean, Consequence, andGLC.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

^^^Who he put on from the Chi? Bump locked up & you don't hear anything about him anymore. Common was known & critically acclaimed way before Kanye came into the pictuire & GLC hasn't made it yet...

He took Common and Twista to the next level. Common use to be what Little Brother is today sure Little Brother can rap and have hot songs (i hope we agree) but They're not going to get any mainstream attention unless another artist puts them on. Other artist Kanye has shown hometown love Big Sean, Consequence, and GLC.
QFT

Common was NOT that popping contrary to popular belief. Rap fans have a hard time seeing beyond the front porch on this...

Also look at Mr. Hudson and John Legend and Lupe Fiasco and Kid Cudi.

Kanye stays putting people on, more so than any artist I can truly think of without raping them "word to Diddy"

Actually Jedi Mind Tricks is one of the most successful underground rap groups of all-time sales & popularity wise. Not that it matters. He got the entireAOTP fam eating off his fame. He put Apathy on, He put LOCB on, he put Jus Allah on, he put DJ Kwestion on, helped Brooklyn Ac, 7L & Eso etc....

They aren't super balling but they making money and still staying raw. They selling out a Europe tour right now as we speak. I'ma catch them thisNovember when they hit NYC.
pimp.gif

Everyone from GZA to G Rap to Tragedy Khadafi got respect for 'em, because they make good music. That's all that matters.

Originally Posted by M16

Actually Jedi Mind Tricks is one of the most successful underground rap groups of all-time sales & popularity wise. Not that it matters. He got the entire AOTP fam eating off his fame. He put Apathy on, He put LOCB on, he put Jus Allah on, he put DJ Kwestion on, helped Brooklyn Ac, 7L & Eso etc....

They aren't super balling but they making money and still staying raw. They selling out a Europe tour right now as we speak. I'ma catch them this November when they hit NYC.
pimp.gif

Everyone from GZA to G Rap to Tragedy Khadafi got respect for 'em, because they make good music. That's all that matters.

laugh.gif
aint none of them Ns on...
At night they rap...during the day them Ns is doorman and janitors and +*%! like that...

He did not put Lupe/Common (critically acclaimed before Kanye came around) on just because some where slow to catch on doesn't mean Kanye is the hand thatfeeds them. Kid Cudi (Cleveland), Mr Hudson (foreigner), Big Sean (Detroit), John Legend (east coast phi?), Consequence (NY) none of which are from the Chi sotry again ppl. Too many TRL watchers on NT!!!

Originally Posted by M16

Actually Jedi Mind Tricks is one of the most successful underground rap groups of all-time sales & popularity wise. Not that it matters. He got the entire AOTP fam eating off his fame. He put Apathy on, He put LOCB on, he put Jus Allah on, he put DJ Kwestion on, helped Brooklyn Ac, 7L & Eso etc....

They aren't super balling but they making money and still staying raw. They selling out a Europe tour right now as we speak. I'ma catch them this November when they hit NYC.
pimp.gif

Ok. Clearly you're a fan of underground artists. I can respect that. But don't dare come around spitting nonsense about artists who are more successfulthan the aforementioned names you've chosen to highlight.

That indicates a few things:

+ if an artist is popular, he/she appeals to the masses. If he/she appeals to the masses, the public is not wrong. One person against the public in regards toentertainment value, is not wrong. You are the one who must go against the grain. If the public choooses not to recognize it, it is no fault of any other butyour own.

+ If you don't understand something and don't make any attempt to, what good is it making fun of someone else? It makes you look even stupider and evenmore immature. Rather than comment on that photo on your social networking page and take things as personally as you seem to, ill comment on your inability tojust understand the ability to understand.

Nah. They making beyond enough to rap full time. JMT (alone) grossed 3 mill from just album sales from '03 - '08.

Nobody saying they baller, they just making better music than anyone out.

Originally Posted by M16

Nah. They making beyond enough to rap full time. JMT (alone) grossed 3 mill from just album sales from '03 - '08.

Nobody saying they baller, they just making better music than anyone out.

facepalm.jpg

Ok...this?! This is what you fail at.

That is an opinion. State something objective for once.

Talking to you is like arguing with a Kindergartner...who keeps failing....

This dude must have me on auto-quote... I'm not even reading your posts anymore
laugh.gif

JMT > your life.

1. chill with the CAPS LOCK
2. kanye cant rap? get the *$!% outta here, go listen to college dropout, and report back
tired.gif

Originally Posted by M16

pimp.gif

Are you really trying to claim any of those artist mentioned have been "put on".

Back
Top Bottom