WHY PEOPLE GO CRAZY OVER KANYE? EXPLAIN!

Yes. They have fans all over the world pretty much because of him.

The College Dropout - Excellent
Late Registration - Classic
Graduation - Great
808 - Excellent

I find it hard not to appreciate his work. I can't think of anyone being this consistent with their material in the last few years.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by M16

Are you joking ?

20, 15, maybe 10 years ago Kanye would've been laughed off every stage he got on. No denying that the increased acceptance of ayo/@%%% behavior opened the door to his mainstream success, at least for "hip hop".
Look at artists like De La Soul, they put flowers on their album cover. Past generations of rappers have worn bright colors, and tighter clothes (ie Fresh Prince) and none of them were laughed off stage.
eyes.gif

There has been acceptance of +%!%@$ behavior in hip hop? Not in the south....
laugh.gif
IDK who has accepted it...you?
Why is it relevant to talk about bright colors/flowers and all that other stuff with hip hop?? Why does it matter? Are you some homophobe? Likehonestly, what is the point of your post?

Originally Posted by killa d

^^^^^SO YOU TELLING ME THAT 808 HEARTBREAK WAS A GOOD ALBUM! YOU'RE CRAZY!

SO YOU TELLING ME ALL CAPS is necessary

are you 12

and go listen to college drop out kid learn something

I don't go crazy ova ye, But fool b spittin....
pimp.gif

He's tha definition
of a rapper....
2483c40a23a3261540f8c9c4b5040891.gif

But gucci mane....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
I beat soulja boy would rip gucci in a freestyle battle....
laugh.gif

Honestly Kanye might not even have that much rap talent, but compared to most people in the game he is a HUGE breath of fresh air.

I know some of you guys love the pseudo-gangster #*!! but Kanye discusses real life stuff with a good dose of humor.

That >>>> the usual played-out fake boasting about drug sales or whatever else is "in" these days. Nobody bragged about selling crack 15years ago, now everyone cooks up ki's on their stove and goes through boxes of Arm&Hammer each week. So lame.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Honestly Kanye might not even have that much rap talent, but compared to most people in the game he is a HUGE breath of fresh air.

I know some of you guys love the pseudo-gangster #*!! but Kanye discusses real life stuff with a good dose of humor.

That >>>> the usual played-out fake boasting about drug sales or whatever else is "in" these days. Nobody bragged about selling crack 15 years ago, now everyone cooks up ki's on their stove and goes through boxes of Arm&Hammer each week. So lame.

BIG talked about moving Coke/trips down south in 95-96 !+% which is almost 15 years ago but I do agree with you there is too much drug/su wu mess in rap today.

Dog, you remember when Kanye first got his national buzz poppin?

Dude was on some ABC special and he was talking about how everything he sees is music
from paintings to scenic views.

I aint personally really a fan but judging from that I can see why he has ne talent to go crazy for.

Kanye's first 3 albums are all great (possibly classics), but he lost me on the 808 stuff. I'm just glad he is rapping again. Not to mention, his beatsare hip hop classics. He been that dude for a while now. And who in the hell is Vinny Paz?

Y'all comparing Ye to De la now? Flowers on the album cover? Do y'all even know what those "flowers" represent? Probably not.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by M16

Are you joking ?

20, 15, maybe 10 years ago Kanye would've been laughed off every stage he got on. No denying that the increased acceptance of ayo/@%%% behavior opened the door to his mainstream success, at least for "hip hop".
Look at artists like De La Soul, they put flowers on their album cover. Past generations of rappers have worn bright colors, and tighter clothes (ie Fresh Prince) and none of them were laughed off stage.
eyes.gif

There has been acceptance of +%!%@$ behavior in hip hop? Not in the south....
laugh.gif
IDK who has accepted it...you?
Why is it relevant to talk about bright colors/flowers and all that other stuff with hip hop?? Why does it matter? Are you some homophobe? Like honestly, what is the point of your post?
What do you mean why is it relevant...he's saying being gay is accepted...but how? The way people dress? Nobody in my circle believes that*+#+. So in reality it doesn't matter...only in the context of the argument within this thread.

Y'all comparing Ye to De la now? Flowers on the album cover? Do y'all even know what those "flowers" represent? Probably not.
I never compared them musically, more so stylistically and aesthetically. Why do you think De La toured with dude...along with Mos Def, Common,Nas, and Q-Tip? That's because they respect his craft...which is what matters.

Long term I like about 3 songs on 808s. But I'm glad his next album is gonna be a hip hop record so he can shut some of these @+*$+! up.

Originally Posted by killa d

^^^^^SO YOU TELLING ME THAT 808 HEARTBREAK WAS A GOOD ALBUM! YOU'RE CRAZY!
808's was a near perfect album imo... kanye is a musical genius it took him 3 wks to make that album and it was his best work behindgraduation 2 me... middle finger to all u 808 haters

Originally Posted by jb 11368

Originally Posted by M16

Homoesexuality is just becoming more accepted in our culture.
It really is.
laugh.gif

i loved kanye all da way up to graduation......he lost me on 808's....that joint is basura in its rawest form.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

The College Dropout - Excellent
Late Registration - Classic
Graduation - Great
808 - Excellent
how you put college dropout and 808's on da same level baffles me.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

a big portion of the industry is going wid da CLUB MUSIC trend
and i think that affected a lot on Yeezy's 808
save for the synthesizers that was used too much it was alright

my favorite album of Kanye is Late Registration
Late Registration is such a great album full of hard work and deep thoughts

some pple might've wanted real RAP like his previous albums but still IMO 808 stands on an independent spot
as one of the greatest album across all genres from last year
hip hop is still alive but nowadays i think its no use arguing over "thats not real hip hop" "thats not real rappin"
i mean how many rappers out there make some real stuff currently?
maybe Em? i think Relapse is pretty classic and Em kept his style

Back
Top Bottom