Why take off your hat? After all these years, I've never discussed this on here

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ska, God damn man. 
laugh.gif
  You sound like my damn twin in here. 

I have worn a hat every day of my life since I'm in like the 4th grade.  Growing up wanting to play baseball as a kid, it sort of grows on you.  My father wore a hat every day, either a Cubs hat, or a Red Sox hat.  I guess I picked it up from him.  In the last two years, my daughter has taken to wearing hats, almost every single day, much to the chagrin of my wife. 
laugh.gif

I HATED having to take my hat off in class, because some douche bag teacher says I have too.  Hell, when I was in jr high playin flag football for the school, guess what I wore, yup, a hat.  Playing football. 
laugh.gif

The hat is a part of me, it's who I am.  And guess what, I use it as a shield like a %#!$#%@!$@@$.  I am shy as hell and generally do not like talking to people.  I want to be left alone, go the hell away all of you when I am in public or at work or wherever.  If I wanna talk to you, I'll walk up and talk to you, simple.  If I want to hide my facial expression, or smile, or anger, I dip my head so the brim conceals what's goin on in my eyes.  I've been told this for years.  Hell, some women like the fact I do it. 

So now I am an adult, my own man, and no more people got a God damn chance at tellin me I can't wear a hat somewhere, unless I am in court and they can lock me up. 
laugh.gif
  Luckily, I been in court like twice my whole life, and one of them was just as a witness, the other simply a ticket appearance. 

I went to a company function once a few years ago, someone tapped me on the shoulder and said my hat wasn't appropriate there, I haven't gone back to that function since.  @#$% her and her horse she rode in on.  I didn't think her 9 inch bangs were appropriate either, but I wasn't tappin her shoulder about it. 

I've asked my wife several times if it bothers her I wear my hat and don't take it off in certain places, and she smiles every time and says "@#$% em, they don't own you"  Another reason why I married ol girl. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
At the end of the day it's your call, and it seems you have your stuff together with a job and wife (
pimp.gif
), but is wearing a hat really worth totally excluding yourself from certain functions?
Did you wear a hat on your wedding day? Would you wear a hat to someone else's wedding?

Just seems that basically refusing to do anything that would require you to take off your hat would be problematic.

Do you though. 

^
True, I did not wear a hat on my wedding day, no.  Nor did I wear a hat to my sisters wedding.  But I did wear a hat to another person's wedding once. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

And that's the thing about exluding from functions, I'm not much of a people person anyways, I was forced to go to that function by my friends, I caved and said ok.  Once I got bothered over a damn hat (which was brand new and clean as a whistle) while a bunch of rich people got drunk and danced like some damn fools, but my hat was a problem??!!??  I was like, yeah, ain't goin to that thing again. 

That's why I get where Ska is comin from.  I can't stand idiots getting so drunk they can't talk right, or stand straight, or drive a car, but me wearing my own hat at my own table is a problem to people?  What the @#$% for? 
ohwell.gif

I don't get offended when I see someone wearing a hat somewhere, or maybe a loud shirt, or even cammo shorts, none of that means anything to me.  I can't fathom someone actually going up to a stranger and sayin, "hey, it's rude to wear a hat in this restaurant".  Seriously, that's just insane to me.  It'd be the same thing as me walkin around the joint, "excuse me sir, that tie is hideous, please remove it, excuse me miss, your blouse isn't full enough, please pad that thing up, uh yeah, hi sir, your rug is horrendus, would you mind wearing a hat please"? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Are those not the exact same things? 

^
True, I did not wear a hat on my wedding day, no.  Nor did I wear a hat to my sisters wedding.  But I did wear a hat to another person's wedding once. 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

And that's the thing about exluding from functions, I'm not much of a people person anyways, I was forced to go to that function by my friends, I caved and said ok.  Once I got bothered over a damn hat (which was brand new and clean as a whistle) while a bunch of rich people got drunk and danced like some damn fools, but my hat was a problem??!!??  I was like, yeah, ain't goin to that thing again. 

That's why I get where Ska is comin from.  I can't stand idiots getting so drunk they can't talk right, or stand straight, or drive a car, but me wearing my own hat at my own table is a problem to people?  What the @#$% for? 
ohwell.gif

I don't get offended when I see someone wearing a hat somewhere, or maybe a loud shirt, or even cammo shorts, none of that means anything to me.  I can't fathom someone actually going up to a stranger and sayin, "hey, it's rude to wear a hat in this restaurant".  Seriously, that's just insane to me.  It'd be the same thing as me walkin around the joint, "excuse me sir, that tie is hideous, please remove it, excuse me miss, your blouse isn't full enough, please pad that thing up, uh yeah, hi sir, your rug is horrendus, would you mind wearing a hat please"? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Are those not the exact same things? 

I think you have a valid point, but I don't think it's the exact same thing at all because one is based on "tradition" and "etiquette" whereas the others are just matters of taste. You don't necessarily need to follow that etiquette, and I respect the fact that you live by your own code. The point about people getting piss drunk but criticizing your hat is an interesting one, but again, it comes down to what is deemed socially acceptable and what is not.

Good to know you didn't wear it to your wedding though.
laugh.gif

I think you have a valid point, but I don't think it's the exact same thing at all because one is based on "tradition" and "etiquette" whereas the others are just matters of taste. You don't necessarily need to follow that etiquette, and I respect the fact that you live by your own code. The point about people getting piss drunk but criticizing your hat is an interesting one, but again, it comes down to what is deemed socially acceptable and what is not.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif
your avy
smokin.gif

my favorite movie of all time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif
your avy
smokin.gif

my favorite movie of all time
pimp.gif

My dude CP forever rocking a hat
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

What's your hat game looking like? What teams you rock? And since you wear a hat it seems like most of the week, if not everyday, has it messed up your hairline at all?

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

What's your hat game looking like? What teams you rock? And since you wear a hat it seems like most of the week, if not everyday, has it messed up your hairline at all?

franchise3 wrote:
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Damn, I have to have about 50-60 by now.  I have about 8-9 different ones for each of my teams, few college ones I like like NC, or Cincinnati  (Van Exel)  some Cal ones, and then some randoms that go with shoes or Jordan/Nike suits that I wear.  I have pretty much every color I need, some I keep pristine, some I wear workin in the yard or whatever and they get beat up, same as shoes really. 

Oh yeah, after all that time, I'm sure it's destroyed my hairline to some degree.  We all lose it at some point, so when that day comes, so be it. 
laugh.gif

franchise3 wrote:
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Damn, I have to have about 50-60 by now.  I have about 8-9 different ones for each of my teams, few college ones I like like NC, or Cincinnati  (Van Exel)  some Cal ones, and then some randoms that go with shoes or Jordan/Nike suits that I wear.  I have pretty much every color I need, some I keep pristine, some I wear workin in the yard or whatever and they get beat up, same as shoes really. 

Oh yeah, after all that time, I'm sure it's destroyed my hairline to some degree.  We all lose it at some point, so when that day comes, so be it. 
laugh.gif

I went to a company function once a few years ago, someone tapped me on the shoulder and said my hat wasn't appropriate there, I haven't gone back to that function since.  @#$% her and her horse she rode in on.  I didn't think her 9 inch bangs were appropriate either, but I wasn't tappin her shoulder about it. 

roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom