Why would anyone sign Asher Roth?

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

affirmative action

word 2 obama
roll.gif

I'm an Asher fan, and will be the first to admit that the XXL Freestyle is junk, as is his new one over Song Cry...

But claiming the dude is garbage isn't close to accurate IMO...

He does got co-signs from Andre 3K, Cee-Lo, Hov...Luda is on the album, and the cover of XXL isn't just handed out to newer artists...

Now, if you have listened to The Greenhouse Effect thoughout, and also his verse on Change Gon' Come with Charles Hamilton & BOB and still thinkhe's trash then atleast the opinion has some foundation...

You can't make or break an artist, especially a newer artist based on one joint...

Cuz frankly, no one was listening to "Hawaiian Sophie" back in the day and talking bout how ill Jay was gonna end up being....

Originally Posted by chitown85

most of you fail to comprehend marketing and demographics. The audience he will appeal to will include millions of college kids which might be the most important audience for any entertainment industry. If asher can just make a couple of good songs and is marketed properly the record company will have made a great investment because he will be popular for college kids fromm the burbs that like rap.
WRONG. The best audience to market for is teens in the 14-18 year old range, young enough to ask their parents for money to buy the cds, collegekids are the brokest, and steal everything

I said college kids MIGHT be the best age group to target for some people in the entertainment industry.Think about if dude went on a college tour all over thecountry. Asher and the record company will make bank on that. I would imagine his concerts could sell out if he is marketed correctly which is a big if. Plus,Asher will not only appeal to college kids but will definitely appeal to the 14-18 year old range from the burbs.Anytime you have a guy who white suburb kidscan relate to but at the same time have him in an industry that these suburb kids are obsessed with and want to be a part of it is a recipe for success. Its asmart move to sign him.

he is a little less than decent lol... but the mixtape he got with drama is ja ight... he sounds like Em but can't spit like him lol

not terrible i bang some of his stuff hes better than joc, soulja boi, hurricane chris people like that not saying he would scratch my top 5 favorite artist ofall time list but hes definitely not as bad as people are making him out to be his "a milli" remix was decent

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

/thread.
And didn't Jay want to sign him at one point? So maybe you should ask him.
To add to that, he has publicized support from Andre 3000 and Cee-Lo. Steve Rifkind called him the best lyricist he's heard in ten years.

But you guys know better than they do.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

After that comment, I know better than he does.

The only reason he's getting big is because of his one single that all of the annoying college kids can relate to. Lets see how far this goes. I'mdisappointed in him as an artist, because when I heard "Cannon" I was for sure dude was gonna blow up.. but hell to the nah!!!

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

The only reason he's getting big is because of his one single that all of the annoying college kids can relate to. Lets see how far this goes. I'm disappointed in him as an artist, because when I heard "Cannon" I was for sure dude was gonna blow up.. but hell to the nah!!!

Funny, I'm seeing a lot of similarities in these responses to when Lupe first dropped Kick, Push.

You dudes jump off the ledge quick on artists. So quick to label someone based on the content of their first successful single.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

The only reason he's getting big is because of his one single that all of the annoying college kids can relate to. Lets see how far this goes. I'm disappointed in him as an artist, because when I heard "Cannon" I was for sure dude was gonna blow up.. but hell to the nah!!!

Funny, I'm seeing a lot of similarities in these responses to when Lupe first dropped Kick, Push.

You dudes jump off the ledge quick on artists. So quick to label someone based on the content of their first successful single.

Its not even just that, I've listened to probably all of his tracks. Trust me, I was the one telling everybody about dude when I first heard of him.Everyone is going to have their personal opinions- his lifestyle and #*%%.. for example his myspace album full of ditzy college girls.. like I don't relateto that stuff, so obviously I'm not gonna be jumping for joy over this guy.. He reminds me of a lot of people where I'm from and that's not a goodthing.. I like music I can relate to.

damn i was actually kinda feeling dude
then i heard that freestyle
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

that #%@! was pure garbage

Originally Posted by LEFTFIELDGREEN

personally i thought that Greenhouse Effect was nice
Yup and I've heard some serious tracks from Ash Roth. It's all about how THEY want to portray his image.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TheGameOwesMe

He's really not that bad...
I don't give a damn what ya'll say, this freestyle was good.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom