Will Dominicans (and other dark skinned latino americans) Ever Embrace Their "Blackness" ?

i dont give a f bout this
i just want a badass domincan chick on my side. theres somethin bout dominican chicks that i like ,i dont what it is but i gotta i gotta find me one

i just want a badass domincan chick on my side. theres somethin bout dominican chicks that i like ,i dont what it is but i gotta i gotta find me one

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Seriously though, African Americans, and other so called blacks from this Caribbean, S. America & others have no connection to Africa. I don't see why any of them would want to be associated with something they are not a part of beside origins. Also all, if not not most have mixed blood thus they could be more of something than African. Not to mention that they don't even know which African country, let alone ethnicity they belong too. Same thing with whites, I don't see how they can relate to their european ancestry.

The term African American is also stupid. Just be a damn American - you have no affiliations.

Yea except for the whole slavery thing, unless you thought that was made up. If so carry on.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

Seriously though, African Americans, and other so called blacks from this Caribbean, S. America & others have no connection to Africa. I don't see why any of them would want to be associated with something they are not a part of beside origins. Also all, if not not most have mixed blood thus they could be more of something than African. Not to mention that they don't even know which African country, let alone ethnicity they belong too. Same thing with whites, I don't see how they can relate to their european ancestry.

The term African American is also stupid. Just be a damn American - you have no affiliations.

Yea except for the whole slavery thing, unless you thought that was made up. If so carry on.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

I'm a light skin Dominican and some family members of mine are dark skinned. From my experience they don't deny to have African American roots but don't want to be refereed as African American but as Hispanics from the Dominican republic.
"Hispanic" isnt a race
He never stated that it was.
Read again, he grouped the terms African American and Hispanic as if they were both races.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

I'm a light skin Dominican and some family members of mine are dark skinned. From my experience they don't deny to have African American roots but don't want to be refereed as African American but as Hispanics from the Dominican republic.
"Hispanic" isnt a race
He never stated that it was.
Read again, he grouped the terms African American and Hispanic as if they were both races.

Andrew Schulz and Charlamagne Tha God discuss Katt Williams latest arrest, Richard Nixon's administration and their war on blacks, Charlamagne expounds on why he feels he's never experienced racism, and they sit with Marjua Estevez managing editor of "Vibe Viva" and writer Venessa Marco to discuss what is Afro Latino???

Platanos & Collard Greens (Ft Marjua Estevez & Venessa Marco) by The Brilliant Idiots | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Great listen!

Back
Top Bottom