Will Dominicans (and other dark skinned latino americans) Ever Embrace Their "Blackness" ?

or should they?

discuss
glasses.gif

Shouldnt we first worry about a term that All African Americans can agree on?

Shouldnt we first worry about a term that All African Americans can agree on?

Tego Calderon (Dark skinned PR) actually read Pro-Black books and etc (i.e. It Takes A Million...) his kids are named Malcolm & Ebony Nairobi

Tego Calderon (Dark skinned PR) actually read Pro-Black books and etc (i.e. It Takes A Million...) his kids are named Malcolm & Ebony Nairobi

I mean i don't understand how they don't when some ya'll are darker then normal african americans

and most dominicans are dark skinned only the middle class and upper class or ny domincans are light skinned

I mean i don't understand how they don't when some ya'll are darker then normal african americans

and most dominicans are dark skinned only the middle class and upper class or ny domincans are light skinned

You're throwing a blanket statement as if to imply that all, a majority or even a sizable number of Hispanics who happen to be black don't embrace their roots. Most of them do just not in the way that most black Americans do or expect them to. It's a different set of shared cultural experiences that have contributed to their history compared to that of blacks here in this country. Just because some Hispanics are black doesn't mean they have anything in common with black Americans or blacks who have grown up in this country.

It's a Hispanic thing, you wouldn't understand.

Back
Top Bottom