Will Ny Be it ?

Originally Posted by khadafi252

i have a question about driving in new york. really, how is it? i'm from socal so i know how bad and defensive driving can me. i've also lived in wyoming so i know what it's like to drive in snow and harsh conditions.
in Manhattan it can be pretty hectic, all times of the day but more so during morning and evening rush hour. the outer boroughs are nothing likemanhatten

to the op.. have you considered living in NYC but a place like Queens? rents cheaper.. quick commute by train.. alot quieter depending on the area

i live in eastern queens.. about a 30-45 min train ride into the city... you get the best of both worlds.. live in the quiet more suburban part of the city..but got all the glamor and glitz of Manhattan a train ride away. the same goes for parts of brooklyn and the bronx... staten island is kinda isolated.. (bigups to shaolin
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

so how does pink houses resemble crim

Pink houses are a notorious housing projects tucked away in the far corner of East new York.

It is across the street from a bus depot and JFK terminal.

The stories are not exaggerations.

Go there alone, without knowing someone from the area.....you will be hurt guaranteed. Thats not a joke or an exaggeration...I bet my bank account...you standout there for over 30 minutes dolo...you will be tested.

And anyone saying that the thug element in NYC is gone...has not really been in the streets lately (casting 5,000 votes for Air Force 1s in Transit doesn'tcount). With the Gang Culture taking a firm grip on the outer boroughs, the Goon and restless youth numbers are creeping back up to early 90's levels.

BTW...Atlantic Terminal is not Bed-Stuy.

Originally Posted by supreme math

Originally Posted by Mdotte

sounds like you walkin round bk checking off your "to do"list with that statement...im guessing you arent black...cause oddly enough,its actually more dangerous to be black at 2 in tha mornin in the stuy than lets say...white if i dare.If you are white and walkin around at 2...your either a fiend or a cop in the eyes of whomever is on the come up...but as black people....ive noticed that we always find it disrespectful when another black person looks at us...i done seen @%+ whippins par take from this action...and i lost a homie to a simple grill so rules change pal...and some of the stuy is gentrificated...so it matters where you were...

Well that's why I voted for Barrack..what else is there to complain about?
laugh.gif

the "change" bus doesnt stop in tha slums of brooklyn....and the act of violence usually occurs when someone is targeted as a threat...maybe youwerent and they let you rock...

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

so how does pink houses resemble crim

Pink houses are a notorious housing projects tucked away in the far corner of East new York.

It is across the street from a bus depot and JFK terminal.

The stories are not exaggerations.

Go there alone, without knowing someone from the area.....you will be hurt guaranteed. Thats not a joke or an exaggeration...I bet my bank account...you stand out there for over 30 minutes dolo...you will be tested.

And anyone saying that the thug element in NYC is gone...has not really been in the streets lately (casting 5,000 votes for Air Force 1s in Transit doesn't count). With the Gang Culture taking a firm grip on the outer boroughs, the Goon and restless youth numbers are creeping back up to early 90's levels.

BTW...Atlantic Terminal is not Bed-Stuy.

i dont know about all this chief....thats a lil exaggerated...they aint animals,aint nobody worried about beatin people up...,its about gettin the money...so idoubt you will get tested for that...and it's all about common sense...like why you in the projects if you dont know anybody???this aint no +%##+% nationallandmark,,,alot of this stuff can be prevented...like me im in tha hood and i kno my side is rough but i kno better than to clown the next hood for it...and idont visit girls in the projects...cuz i seen boyfriends get chased down the block so i kno what to expect.

Of course you have to operate using common sense.

Thats why I said if you stand out there or wander around that neighborhood....where you have no business being...you will be hurt.

Its not all about money....there are some serious bangers out there who have the local kids patrolling for strangers to put in work on.

I was just out there last weekend. The L trains weren't going to the last stop so people had to take the express bus to their stop. A couple people tookthe bus to the last stop and ended up in the houses around dawn....middle aged husband + wife, teenage cheer leader, couple random kids....they got work put inon them by some young boys (and girls)....no money was even taken.

OG blood pointed them out....dogs did work.

Why does it always have to turn into a "NY is the greatest" thing. No one asked what is the greatest city
laugh.gif
. This is part of my love/haterelationship with NY. Beautiful place but some people really ruin for it for me.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Of course you have to operate using common sense.

Thats why I said if you stand out there or wander around that neighborhood....where you have no business being...you will be hurt.

Its not all about money....there are some serious bangers out there who have the local kids patrolling for strangers to put in work on.

I was just out there last weekend. The L trains weren't going to the last stop so people had to take the express bus to their stop. A couple people took the bus to the last stop and ended up in the houses around dawn....middle aged husband + wife, teenage cheer leader, couple random kids....they got work put in on them by some young boys (and girls)....no money was even taken.

OG blood pointed them out....dogs did work.

sounds false chief...havent seen a random get stalled on since like 04...pink houses is not that ruthless...maybe you let the rumors get to you...

Originally Posted by windycity58

Whats up NT?
smile.gif

Well I have been dreaming of mooving to Ny since I was little watching moovies in Ny city, Ive always like high building/no backyards
sick.gif
smokin.gif
lol
And a bunch of people , I was borned and raised in the Chi which is dope , but my question is will ny be a good spot for me ?
Iam graduating from ut in austin as a computer engineer , is there good paying jobs in NY ?
Yea im actually wanna moove , Im making a trip this yeas[xmas for holiday J's lol]
Ilike high building and stuff lol 90% chance ill like it lol...

LoL u need a roomate?
Im not graduating till after xmas lol when the cemesters over lol

damn....

take a few more Cemesters of English before you bounce please....

I'm contemplating the move myself, but wouldn't be till January 2010 most likely. Need to do further research and talk to my firm for a possibletransfer.

Pink Houses can get rough, but for a short time in the 90s when i use to live around Southside Houses in Queens by Guy R Brewer, i seen some things that icouldnt believe.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

NY is the best city in world...

you really should visit before deciding to just move here

with a city of 8+ million theres always jobs.. just with the way the economy is right now idk if there are jobs in your field

Chicago is the best city homeboy!!!
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by FlyNY

what part of NY you coming to? East New York, Brooklyn has some nice houses. We call them the Pink Houses.
NO Thanks IN the Chi We alreddy got that prob[ghetto prob/thiefs and jack] know Ny were for every 10 people in Chi you guys have 13/16 im good

Originally Posted by I R Andre

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Why does it always have to turn into a "NY is the greatest" thing.

Cause we are.
laugh.gif
Ehh no.
Don't you regularly have sex with a NYC native Yeah...
grin.gif
I couldve sworn she was moving to NYC in the first place because of dude.
and you say NY isnt the greatest but you live in TEXAS though
roll.gif
roll.gif
..best thing outta texas is
king_of_the_hill_alley.jpg

Originally Posted by Black Milk

Originally Posted by I R Andre

Why does it always have to turn into a "NY is the greatest" thing.

Cause we are.
laugh.gif
Ehh no.
Don't you regularly have sex with a NYC native Yeah...
grin.gif
I couldve sworn she was moving to NYC in the first place because of dude.
and you say NY isnt the greatest but you live in TEXAS though
roll.gif
roll.gif
..best thing outta texas is
king_of_the_hill_alley.jpg
I know right, that's how we do it- bag'em on niketalk have them fly thousands of miles to knock them down and then have permanently moveso we can knock them down every day. Even our internet swagger is over 9000.

laugh.gif
... I've been wanting to move to NY my entire life. My dad is from there and I have family up there. Anything or anyone else is just extra
smile.gif

With that said me moving to NY wouldn't be permanent when it's all said and done I'm 90% sure I'll be right back here in Austin.

Liking a city doesn't mean I think it's thebest place on earth. I haven't been everywhere. I can tell you it isn't the best place I'veever been, but it's up there.

Back
Top Bottom