Will paypal do anything if i have a negative balance and ignore it?

Like lets say I have a negative of $600 on my main account with my bank account on it...Will they do anything about it?

nerd.gif

can they take the money from my bank account?

if it is linked to your bank account they will try to draw from it

if the bread is not in your bank account you will be charged a insufficient funds charge, then in like a week they will try to draw from it again. NSF is $35

ask me how I know
smh.gif

paypal debit card ftl

pay that $!* off asap

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

if it is linked to your bank account they will try to draw from it

if the bread is not in your bank account you will be charged a insufficient funds charge, then in like a week they will try to draw from it again. NSF is $35

ask me how I know
smh.gif

paypal debit card ftl

pay that $!* off asap
They can't just pull money from your bank account. The only thing they can do is stop your transfer from PayPal to the bank. Other then that,if all your transaction have cleared, they can't pull the money from your bank. All they can do is use the collection agency.

It depends on how he incurred the negative balance I suppose. If he tried to send payment for something through paypal, then they can draw from his bank.

Yes, they will. I've gotten a letter from the IRS saying that I have a negative account in my PayPal that hasn't been paid and if I don't dosomething about it, they'll take action. No ducktales.

if they endup not getting it after a certain amount of time they send your file to a collection agency..that's when the stuff will affect your credit

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yes, they will. I've gotten a letter from the IRS saying that I have a negative account in my PayPal that hasn't been paid and if I don't do something about it, they'll take action. No ducktales.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

man your scaring me
alien.gif

oh IRS
eek.gif
and the IRS can start snatching money from tax returns and if it gets too out of control, your wages.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Yes, they will. I've gotten a letter from the IRS saying that I have a negative account in my PayPal that hasn't been paid and if I don't do something about it, they'll take action. No ducktales.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

man your scaring me
alien.gif

Dude is a liar. Nothing is going to happen with you. The only bad thing is you are going to have trouble making PayPal and eBay accounts in your name, but evenwith that, you can work around that, but yeah, if you have a negative balance nothing will happen. Yes they will send you to a credit reporting collectionagency, but will it show up on your credit report? Nope, not at all, just change the phone number so they don't bother you.

You're good, PM me if you have any questions.

Don't worry, just change your account information, close the account and just reopen a new one (bank) and you're good.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Yes, they will. I've gotten a letter from the IRS saying that I have a negative account in my PayPal that hasn't
been paid and if I don't do something about it, they'll take action. No ducktales.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

man your scaring me
alien.gif

Dude is a liar. Nothing is going to happen with you. The only bad thing is you are going to have trouble making PayPal and eBay accounts in your name, but even with that, you can work around that, but yeah, if you have a negative balance nothing will happen. Yes they will send you to a credit reporting collection agency, but will it show up on your credit report? Nope, not at all, just change the phone number so they don't bother you.

Don't worry, just change your account information, close the account and just reopen a new one (bank) and you're good.

I'm not lying. I've gotten the letter. I paid the difference already, but I had to call them up to tell them I had already paid for it, so they cantake my name off their account. I honestly don't know what would have happened if I didn't do anything about it, even after getting the letter.

If that's the case, you can probably bypass almost every credit card company you owe by doing this!

Well ima go to the bank on tuesday and cancel the bank account

hopefully paypal leaves me alone...

frown.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

man your scaring me
alien.gif

Dude is a liar. Nothing is going to happen with you. The only bad thing is you are going to have trouble making PayPal and eBay accounts in your name, but even with that, you can work around that, but yeah, if you have a negative balance nothing will happen. Yes they will send you to a credit reporting collection agency, but will it show up on your credit report? Nope, not at all, just change the phone number so they don't bother you.

Don't listen to this dude, he has no idea what he is talking about. If you get sent to a collection agency it WILL show up on your creditreport, and if just changing your phone number was the magic thing to do, dont you think people would do that for everything in order to avoid credit debt? Ihonestly don't know about the IRS thing but this will come back to haunt you so it is in your best interest to pay it off. How did you get $600.00negative?

18 years old..has a paypal account and lost money to young dr0..and has no job..ouch!

they can only get a collection agency after you if they have your social. If you signed up for any interest rate return on the funds you have in your paypalaccount and or to lift sending/receiving limits. But since you have your back account connected which when you signed up at your bank you were asked for yoursocial security number, they will then charge your bank for the negative balance, if you have no funds in that account or not associated with them any longeryou will hear from a collection agency from the bank to pay the debt, which is usually after 90 days of no attempt on your behalf to repay this debt afterseveral attempts from the bank.

Back
Top Bottom