Will sonically good gangster rap ever make its way back into Mainstream?

. . . . Erm . . . actually yes bro 
laugh.gif

That was rhetorical just to show what's relevant isn't really relevant. French Montana can't sell records and won't be around in two years. Same with 2 Chainz.

:lol:  @ son continuously throwing out "immature" and questioning people's intelligence if you say MOP isn't relevant. 

Are you still talking?

and it's been in two or three other movies over the past few years

I doubt it'll ever come back, but I sure wish it would. That Schoolboy Q song is fire. I would be so happy if that song were to get radio burn.

It'll come back

Look at Bad Boy...then came DMX
Then came Ja Rule...then came 50

The stuff like Drake, Kanye and A$ap will cause things to tilt to the other extreme.

Last edited:
Gibbs , Nip hussle , Jay Rock, LEP , Boldy James are Gangsta rap ..

All their music is hard core street **** , **** the average street smart can really relate to.

School boy too , but School Boy is most versatile on the hottest team right now

But ****** out here don't wanna hear real street **** anymore.

they wanna hear the fantasy ****.

Jeezy , Gucci , Ross are fantasy trap rapper .. Them ****** tale aren't even possible in real life 
laugh.gif

****** never talk about taking an L .. they just invincible and ****.

Young Scooter prolly got them ****** beat tho lmao.

It's too easy to get your card pulled in 2013. If Twitter/WSHH was in the 90s who knows if Onyx and Mobb Deep would have been able to survive. Not off the music but off the image.

Gibbs , Nip hussle , Jay Rock, LEP , Boldy James are Gangsta rap ..

All their music is hard core street **** , **** the average street smart can really relate to.

School boy too , but School Boy is most versatile on the hottest team right now

But ****** out here don't wanna hear real street **** anymore.

they wanna hear the fantasy ****.

Jeezy , Gucci , Ross are fantasy trap rapper .. Them ****** tale aren't even possible in real life 
laugh.gif

****** never talk about taking an L .. they just invincible and ****.

Young Scooter prolly got them ****** beat tho lmao.

Aside from schoolboy whos getting there, none of those dudes are mainstream. And Nip has been trying to be more appealing, he left the gangster music alone a while ago it seems

Aside from schoolboy whos getting there, none of those dudes are mainstream. And Nip has been trying to be more appealing, he left the gangster music alone a while ago it seems
Of course their not ..

No one wants to hear real **** no more on major airwaves.

****** wanna keep hearing the same piss poor recycled songs.

And also a question.

Why you ****** always pressed about ****** goin mainstream?

becoming mainstream dilutes the quality of music imo , changes who you are as an artist ( I.E. Whiz Khalifa )

Why ****** act like thats the end all be all to ****?

Mainstream does not good music 99% of the time.

Last edited:
Of course their not ..

And also a question.

becoming mainstream dilutes the quality of music imo , changes who you are as an artist ( I.E. Whiz Khalifa )

I don't listen to the radio to even be concerned about mainstream, I was just sticking to the topic, and I definitely agree with you on it changing a artist for the worst. Mainstream and good music separated a long time ago.

Of course their not ..

And also a question.

it spreads the culture forward when artist who come from genuine situations make the popular music, diddy was once the biggest cornball the game has had,
but son put some talented strret dudes on the charts, what happened to them after is another story. I couldnt see diddy signing anybody on right now, french was
a money move that backfired but he put the lox, biggie, shyne, Murder mase, black rob, gdep on all them dudes was street. being mainstream is not a bad thing its just hard to be respected and glorified now.

it spreads the culture forward when artist who come from genuine situations make the popular music, diddy was once the biggest cornball the game has had,
but son put some talented strret dudes on the charts, what happened to them after is another story. I couldnt see diddy signing anybody on right now, french was
a money move that backfired but he put the lox, biggie, shyne, Murder mase, black rob, gdep on all them dudes was street. being mainstream is not a bad thing its just hard to be respected and glorified now.
Exactly why mainstream ate them alive.

Its not coming back. The industry has moved on to more "fantasy" rap. 

One song that brought some memories back is M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar featuring MC Eiht. The 2nd half of that song has a beat and vibe of the 90's

Isn't Young Maylay that dude who played CJ on GTA San Andreas :lol: ? Listened to a handful of his songs way back, not bad at all

And since [most] gangstas don't make singles oriented rap today, they can't truly breakout in the current singles driven landscape.

Change was inevitable. ****** been rappin about selling drugs for the last 25 years.
There is nothing else to say about it. Time to move on to better subject matter.
We gotta stop perpetuating the cycle, that has so many of our young brothers commiting serious crimes, and being convicted before they even know life is real.

Isn't Young Maylay that dude who played CJ on GTA San Andreas
laugh.gif
? Listened to a handful of his songs way back, not bad at all

And since [most] gangstas don't make singles oriented rap today, they can't truly breakout in the current singles driven landscape.
Yeah that's him......... the game needs change  IMO

Back
Top Bottom