Will there ever be a Jordanid?

Originally Posted by sick90teg4dr

If they do Retro Jordan ID's, I will never look at a pair of J's the same. PLEASE ONLY TEAM JORDANS!!!!

Who says Jordan are good now anyway, the way i see it....many L/S colour like like failed ID projects to me...
laugh.gif

jordanking23945 wrote:
Jordan Brand should totally stay away from i.D.'s. PERIOD.

I never have been able to understand this perception on NT. What many of you don't realize is that, contrary to thebeliefs on here, there is a huge population of consumers who don't see any difference between a $120 Team Jordan and a $150 retro other than the pricepoint. There is a very large percentage of Jordan fans/customers who associate with the Jumpman first & foremost rather than "did he play inthem", etc. To want exclusivity for signature Jordans is one thing, but to say the whole brand should stay away from the ID concept is ridiculous.

The ID process allows for customers to connect with a product in a manner than best suits their style while also deliveringthe product they're seeking. It's almost never been simply about being "exclusive" (the only exception possibly being the AF1 PremiumID's online and at 255). People who are fans of the shoe like to be in control over what they're buying and be able to know that they didn'tsettle for some foolish accent color like Green Bean, Miners Gold, or Zest unless they truly wanted to do so.

Jordan Brand x ID is a great idea, given that they choose the right models. I agree that no signature shoes should beincluded, but at the same time, only the best of the Teams should be considered (on a sidenote, it's a misnomer to me calling non-sigs "Teams"since the true Team models say it on the box/item desc.). Models like the Team Elite, TE² low, Rising Stars, or the RB Xtreme arerecent ones that have a good solid foundation design wise and the structure of the shoe allows for a wide variety of colorblocking and palette options.

My question to those who don't agree is simply why? Keep in mind, I'm only referring to "Teams" sinceit's been confirmed already months ago that there wouldn't be any sigs. So why do you think it's a bad idea to make select non-signature modelsavailable for customization. Just curious...

Originally Posted by d e beatup

jordanking23945 wrote:
Jordan Brand should totally stay away from i.D.'s. PERIOD.

I never have been able to understand this perception on NT. What many of you don't realize is that, contrary to the beliefs on here, there is a huge population of consumers who don't see any difference between a $120 Team Jordan and a $150 retro other than the price point. There is a very large percentage of Jordan fans/customers who associate with the Jumpman first & foremost rather than "did he play in them", etc. To want exclusivity for signature Jordans is one thing, but to say the whole brand should stay away from the ID concept is ridiculous.

The ID process allows for customers to connect with a product in a manner than best suits their style while also delivering the product they're seeking. It's almost never been simply about being "exclusive" (the only exception possibly being the AF1 Premium ID's online and at 255). People who are fans of the shoe like to be in control over what they're buying and be able to know that they didn't settle for some foolish accent color like Green Bean, Miners Gold, or Zest unless they truly wanted to do so.

Jordan Brand x ID is a great idea, given that they choose the right models. I agree that no signature shoes should be included, but at the same time, only the best of the Teams should be considered (on a sidenote, it's a misnomer to me calling non-sigs "Teams" since the true Team models say it on the box/item desc.). Models like the Team Elite, TE² low, Rising Stars, or the RB Xtreme are recent ones that have a good solid foundation design wise and the structure of the shoe allows for a wide variety of colorblocking and palette options.

My question to those who don't agree is simply why? Keep in mind, I'm only referring to "Teams" since it's been confirmed already months ago that there wouldn't be any sigs. So why do you think it's a bad idea to make select non-signature models available for customization. Just curious...

Hey very well put!
smile.gif

it will only be for team j's..if it were for sig j's...who would know if they are fake or not..i like this idea for team j's

Yo wassup NT, Gentry here speaking and I just read this post and consider it done "Yung16"... I'm pretty sure that is what he would say to thatidea...

if there is anything i cannot stand more, it's J's with wacky colors.....and a Jordan iD will completely ruin the brand (if not already)

as long as signatures & retros aren't id'd, then everything will be fine. i doubt they would be stupid enough to id sigs & retros anyway. thatwould be the end of JB for sure.

who cares if they id team j's, i don't rock them anyway. i don't own a pair of team j's period...

why is there so much hate for team jordans in general. A lot of them are really nice shoes with decent performance and a semi-reasonable price point. Hating ashoe because it isn't a sig or numbered Jordan just makes no sense. Plus i have way too many other things to do than to HATE a shoe. I may dislike it, buthate is too strong a word for a pair of shoes.

I used to say that I hated the XI, when in reality I'm just not a fan of Patent Leather, or so I thought. Until I saw the XVI, which i love, never got apair, but the black pair without the shroud is quite nice to me. Now the XI I have come to realise is that I am not a fan of the overall shape of the shoe, andin my opinion, uses too much patent leather, now I know it serves a purpose, but you will never catch me in a pair, simply because I don't like them.

I'll leave the term "hate" for the young cats here on NT. I'll just say that Jordan iD would be a great thing if done correctly. Team1's, FBIs, Trunner LX, even the SU or SP Trainers would be nice additions. Of course this is all dependant on the colors and options that Nike/JB wouldgive us. Now before you flame me, I have owned all the shoes I listed as shoes i'd be interested in iD'ing, would they all sell, probably not, butthats my preference, not yours.

^^^^ok then... i "strongly dislike" team j's because i feel like they are just a cheaper bootleg spin off of sigs & retros used just to makemore money.

not to mention jordan didn't rock team j's. plus i just think they lack any type of casual appeal whatsoever, the overall designs of team j's arejust wack and lack creativity. (& of course this is nothin more than my opinion, to each their own)

i personally just hate the way they look.

this may not be a good analogy, but its like if i'ma cop a benz, i want an S550 or CL600. i don't want a C-class. but thatz just me.

Team jordans are like macbooks....very high price point for a basketball shoes when you can do better else where(kobes, lebron, lighswitch etc etc)

I dont see whats wrong with ids. What makes Jordans better than Air Max 90s and 95s? Other than the stupid hype you give them and being all on MJs sack. Theids would probablly be high priced anyways like the Air Maxs.

If they do id on jordans they they tranish Jordan legacy and I wear never wear a pair ever again...
indifferent.gif
yes it's that serious.

Originally Posted by xavdiesel

Yo wassup NT, Gentry here speaking and I just read this post and consider it done "Yung16"... I'm pretty sure that is what he would say to that idea...
roll.gif
If Gentry would really listen to me boy oh boy i got alot ofthings to tell him.....lol...
roll.gif

Man if JB were 2 I.D. retros they'd run 4 lik $250 or more easy, but if its jus teams id luv 2 have some Jumpman Pros or B'Loyals but it prolly wontgo down like dat more than likely they'll have Jeters or T4Gs on there

Back
Top Bottom