Will Yao Ming be in the Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Originally Posted by trevor25

Hall of fame of getting the most all star votes maybe
This is what it basically boils down too. Seeing how China has a billion people helps

So that's what it boils down too? You honestly think getting the most all-star votes is all he did?

This is what it basically boils down too. Seeing how China has a billion people helps

So that's what it boils down too? You honestly think getting the most all-star votes is all he did?

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Zo>>>yao..

I'd also put divac, smits, mullin, dwight, dikembe, among others wayyy before yao.

Its not up to me though, so if you can get in on influence then he could get in, but then so should rafer alston and hot sauce
laugh.gif

Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen Yao play? I watch the Rockets play almost every game and i can tell you i'd rather have a healthy 7'6 Yao over any of those players you've mentioned. What do those players do that make them "wayyy" better than Yao? Only thing you got on Yao is he can't stay healthy. 
tired.gif

Rafer Alston and Hot Sauce didn't influence a whole continent to like basketball.

Zo>>>yao..

I'd also put divac, smits, mullin, dwight, dikembe, among others wayyy before yao.

Its not up to me though, so if you can get in on influence then he could get in, but then so should rafer alston and hot sauce
laugh.gif

Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen Yao play? I watch the Rockets play almost every game and i can tell you i'd rather have a healthy 7'6 Yao over any of those players you've mentioned. What do those players do that make them "wayyy" better than Yao? Only thing you got on Yao is he can't stay healthy. 
tired.gif

Rafer Alston and Hot Sauce didn't influence a whole continent to like basketball.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

Um yea! What else has he accomplished? Like seriously? And I actually like Yao. And NO his career isnt Hall of fame worthy  

Um yea! What else has he accomplished? Like seriously? And I actually like Yao. And NO his career isnt Hall of fame worthy  

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif

tired.gif

Dude I guarantee, the people of China dont worship Yao Ming because they honestly think hes the best center in the NBA. They worship him because of his humble personality, his Giant stature with DESCENT skills in basketball and the fact that he comes from the same place as them.  If Yao Ming was an American born player, he will definetely NOT be mentioned in the hall of fame. The fact that he comes from China is his only hope.

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif

tired.gif

Dude I guarantee, the people of China dont worship Yao Ming because they honestly think hes the best center in the NBA. They worship him because of his humble personality, his Giant stature with DESCENT skills in basketball and the fact that he comes from the same place as them.  If Yao Ming was an American born player, he will definetely NOT be mentioned in the hall of fame. The fact that he comes from China is his only hope.

Yao was a good player but nowhere close to be a hall of famer. There a lot of players that did much more than yao over a career that wont make the hall.
Is McGrady a HOFer. At his peak he was a top 3 player but like yao due to injuries he was limited,

Yao was a good player but nowhere close to be a hall of famer. There a lot of players that did much more than yao over a career that wont make the hall.
Is McGrady a HOFer. At his peak he was a top 3 player but like yao due to injuries he was limited,

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif

tired.gif

One, you're missing the point. It's the basketball hall of fame, not NBA hall of fame. Second, decent skills? So averaging 20 points a game and 10 rebounds is not good enough for you? Not to mention 2 blocks per and an 83% shooter from the line. Third, i never said they viewed him as the best center in the NBA. I said he influenced a whole continent to like basketball. That deserves recognition in the hall of fame. 
But tell me, as a center, what flaws did you see in his game? Poor shooter? Poor rebounder? Poor defender? Poor blocker? What makes you say he was just, decent? 

I understand what you are saying, his NBA career doesn't scream Hall of Fame. I understand. He has been injured and hasn't played enough years.  But what you have to understand is that he's contributed to the game of basketball. The Hall of Fame recognizes those people. Coaches, referees, writers, etc. When he makes the Hall of Fame there will be a picture or statue or whatever they have, of Yao Ming. Under that, there will be a description as to why he made it and it will say something like this, "Because of Yao people in Asia play basketball. Because of Yao the game of basketball has been spread to other parts of the world."  Maybe not exactly in those words but you get the point.

Zo>>>yao..

laugh.gif

tired.gif

One, you're missing the point. It's the basketball hall of fame, not NBA hall of fame. Second, decent skills? So averaging 20 points a game and 10 rebounds is not good enough for you? Not to mention 2 blocks per and an 83% shooter from the line. Third, i never said they viewed him as the best center in the NBA. I said he influenced a whole continent to like basketball. That deserves recognition in the hall of fame. 
But tell me, as a center, what flaws did you see in his game? Poor shooter? Poor rebounder? Poor defender? Poor blocker? What makes you say he was just, decent? 

I understand what you are saying, his NBA career doesn't scream Hall of Fame. I understand. He has been injured and hasn't played enough years.  But what you have to understand is that he's contributed to the game of basketball. The Hall of Fame recognizes those people. Coaches, referees, writers, etc. When he makes the Hall of Fame there will be a picture or statue or whatever they have, of Yao Ming. Under that, there will be a description as to why he made it and it will say something like this, "Because of Yao people in Asia play basketball. Because of Yao the game of basketball has been spread to other parts of the world."  Maybe not exactly in those words but you get the point.

Yes. Yao's impact not just on the NBA but the sport of basketball has been immense, worldwide.

His international pro stats were out of this world. He was the equivalent of a mythical man eathing creature in the CBA and despite what I'm sure many of you think in the back of your heads, those are pros and they would mop the floor with you.

If Yao had been able to stay healthy ( a virtual impossibility due to his size and body structure) he would have ended up as one of the Top 10 centers ever. Yes ever.

Too big, too strong, too much length and athleticism. with too well rounded and polished a skillset and an uncanny finesse game for some one that big. and he was ruthlessly efficient from the field across the board.

23gz2q1.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Yes. Yao's impact not just on the NBA but the sport of basketball has been immense, worldwide.

His international pro stats were out of this world. He was the equivalent of a mythical man eathing creature in the CBA and despite what I'm sure many of you think in the back of your heads, those are pros and they would mop the floor with you.

If Yao had been able to stay healthy ( a virtual impossibility due to his size and body structure) he would have ended up as one of the Top 10 centers ever. Yes ever.

Too big, too strong, too much length and athleticism. with too well rounded and polished a skillset and an uncanny finesse game for some one that big. and he was ruthlessly efficient from the field across the board.

23gz2q1.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

23gz2q1.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
settle down
laugh.gif
 You're talking like his name is Shaquille Oneal in his prime.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

23gz2q1.jpg

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
settle down
laugh.gif
 You're talking like his name is Shaquille Oneal in his prime.

-Bump
Yao Ming in  for Hall of Fame? Tricky question?

Probably in due time(maybe), But personally, No!..

International Influence? 

Top Centers?

-Int'l Influence, Asia is mainly a soccer continent, except for Philippines, Basketball is our sport, It's like Crack to Filipinos.

Before the Chinese, Arabs, & Koreans dominated Asian Basketball it was Filipinos who were the King of Asian Basketball problem is as a race height isn't really our strongest suit...

"Lucky" for China a country who has "HALF" the worlds population they had Yao, behemoth, charismatic, & No.1 pick equals international superstar. hence so called Int'l Influence

China is a booming economy, cheap labor, natural resources, and etc. Every 1st world country wants a piece of  China.

-Top Centers, maybe Top 20 centers of all time for now.

No Question a healthy Yao is dominant, 20/10 easy, reliable free throw shooter, mid-range jumpers, footwork, shot blocker in other words talented player.

U.S. has marketed Yao exceptionally reason why he became "Super Famous", Just like what they're trying "Very Hard" with Yi.

In due time Yao and many others will be considered "H.O.F" stature.

-Bump
Yao Ming in  for Hall of Fame? Tricky question?

Probably in due time(maybe), But personally, No!..

International Influence? 

Top Centers?

-Int'l Influence, Asia is mainly a soccer continent, except for Philippines, Basketball is our sport, It's like Crack to Filipinos.

Before the Chinese, Arabs, & Koreans dominated Asian Basketball it was Filipinos who were the King of Asian Basketball problem is as a race height isn't really our strongest suit...

"Lucky" for China a country who has "HALF" the worlds population they had Yao, behemoth, charismatic, & No.1 pick equals international superstar. hence so called Int'l Influence

China is a booming economy, cheap labor, natural resources, and etc. Every 1st world country wants a piece of  China.

-Top Centers, maybe Top 20 centers of all time for now.

No Question a healthy Yao is dominant, 20/10 easy, reliable free throw shooter, mid-range jumpers, footwork, shot blocker in other words talented player.

U.S. has marketed Yao exceptionally reason why he became "Super Famous", Just like what they're trying "Very Hard" with Yi.

In due time Yao and many others will be considered "H.O.F" stature.

Can we please lock this? There is absolutely ZERO doubt Yao will be a hall of famer. This thread is just as ******ed as the Lamar Odom HOF thread....only the exact opposite direction.

Can we please lock this? There is absolutely ZERO doubt Yao will be a hall of famer. This thread is just as ******ed as the Lamar Odom HOF thread....only the exact opposite direction.

1) This is the Basketball HOF so I can see his international (China specifically) impact getting him in.
2) This is also the reason why there needs to be an NBA HOF. How is Stern not all over this?? Surely there's some money to be made from this.

Back
Top Bottom